EB1 I485 approvals list

Lawyers will not post such speculations public because they are merely speculations and they do not want to be proven wrong. However if you talk to them you will know their views.
This is a link of a big lawfirm and they have been reliable and are considered very big. You should also see retrogression trends in EB1. There is a link I saw some time back to show dates archived for past 10 years.

"Beyond December, the State Department is projecting that immigrant visa numbers will remain immediately available for the EB-1 and EB-2 categories for most countries. However, if heavy demand continues for China and India, DOS could impose cut-off dates for the EB-1 category and further lengthen EB-2 waiting periods for those two countries."
http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9a...85f17871849e9aa285257394006ea540?OpenDocument

Fragmon does not anything new other than what was mentioned in DOS december visa bulletin. We need to wait and see for further visa bulletins. It could turn out on either side as DOS is merely predicted not confirmed though.

Fragmon does not anything new other than what was mentioned in DOS december visa bulletin. We need to wait and see for further visa bulletins. It could turn out on either side as DOS is merely predicted not confirmed though.

I hope they did not overflow EB1 visas to EB2 yet. I think they do it only in the 4th quarter.

I hope they did not overflow EB1 visas to EB2 yet. I think they do it only in the 4th quarter.

I believe so. But I could see lot of EB2 India approvals from trackitt, although trackitt is not a complete evidence as only less percentage of people register at trackitt.com. But could we know that they had overflown EB1 visas to EB2.....

There were quite a few approvals recently.

Any more on this forum waiting ?

And any one waiting for I485 approval beyond 6 months still waiting?

I am still waiting

Hi pswami,

I am waiting too. I called last week, they said my name check is still pending. I do not know for how long I have to wait..... which reminds me of a post that I read somewhere in this forum - "if someone already has FBI clearance to work with infectious agents......... does it indirectly delay the name check".... GOD only knows.... I guess I have no option other than to wait.

I am planning to contact my local senator about my case though.... will keep posted.

Good luck to you too.

There were quite a few approvals recently.

Any more on this forum waiting ?

And any one waiting for I485 approval beyond 6 months still waiting?

Anyone in EB1 or EB2 ROW who has filed before June 30, 2007, and still waiting is probably stuck in namecheck.
If 180 days have passed after receipt of I485 application and someone in EB1 has not yet got greencard then it is the namechecks to be blamed.
EB1 and EB2 ROW are generally current and if people do not get their greencards in first 180 days then the delay is due to namecheck. This is a serious problem and causes frustrations in lot of people. I wonder why everyone stuck is not joining hands and doing something about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in EB1 or EB2 ROW who has filed before June 30, 2007, and still waiting is probably stuck in namecheck.
If 180 days have passed after receipt of I485 application and someone in EB1 has not yet got greencard then it is the namechecks to be blamed.
EB1 and EB2 ROW are generally current and if people do not get their greencards in first 180 days then the delay is due to namecheck. This is a serious problem and causes frustrations in lot of people. I wonder why everyone stuck is not joining hands and doing something about it.

No, its not true. My name check is clear, but the case is waiting to be assigned to an officer. verified by two independent calls to TSC. They just don't have sufficient manpower to process the pending cases.

No, its not true. My name check is clear, but the case is waiting to be assigned to an officer. verified by two independent calls to TSC. They just don't have sufficient manpower to process the pending cases.

It is a wrong excuse by USCIS that they do not have sufficient manpower.

During the last weekend of June 2007, they approved 15 thousand greencards on one weekend. So they are capable of fast approvals if they want to.

The reason why this delay happens and is not fixed is because of money. USCIS makes more money when the approvals are delayed. People have to pay more to extend their H1B or EAD/AP during the wait times even if their dates are current.

Likewise namechecks can also clear fast if they want to do it. Namecheck issue has existed since 2002 and has been repeatedly raised in yearly reports and by media.

The best way to solve these problems is when people with EB1 (EA, OR and Managers) complain to authorities and media. If extraordinary ability folks say that they are having issues and this will turn them away from USA, maybe someone high in the food chain will pay attention.

Last edited by a moderator: