EB1 I485 approvals list

not yet

485 pending since Oct. '06 @ NSC - EB1B. I had mentioned this before: No LUDs since Oct. 06! and 140 approved Apr. '07. The reason I wanted to reply here is to mention about a nice CSR or IO (dont know) at NSC. Previously I always got short "internal and external checks pending" responses (4 to 5 times). Last week a really nice person responded saying that she was not sure what was holding up my case; security checks (as per electronic data base) clear. She said she is going to look at my file (hard copy) and let me know what is going on. She said she will forward the file to an officer if everything looks ok.

Of course, I dont know whether to believe her or the previous reps., but what a wonderful attitude. A big thanks to her!

I am beginning believe this: when an IO says "All clear" , it is definitely "All Clear"... but when they say "pending", then there is only a 50% chance (they just may not have access). What do you guys think? Any contradictory happenings or thoughts?

My take on trackitt: I do trust that site. Once I didnt update my case and it was not visible anymore. They seem to be pretty good in filtering out "not updated" entries

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you guys talked to your congressmen and Senators about this. This is very disappointing that people with EB1 are made to wait so long. USA should welcome such future Nobel prize winners

I filed I-485 in Jan 2007 under EB-1 in Nebraska Service Center. My I-140 was also approved in Jan 2007. This was not a concurrent filing. I filed I-485 after getting I-140 approved. Got finger-print, EAD, AP in April. No other status update after that. Online case registration shows LUD for April.

- Online processing dates show "Dec 19, 2006" for EB-1 I-485. Any idea when I should expect any updates ? What will be the next steps involved ?

- Any way to find out whether my application is sent to name-check ?

- Anyone else in the same boat ? If you filed under EB-1 around Jan/Feb 2007, please do reply back to this thread, or my email vinay.shah73@gmail.com

Did you check with USCIS to see if your NC has been cleared.

All namecheck victims must contact their congressmen and Senators. A colleague of mine got his cleared due to this. He basically met them, and also wrote to the President, DHS secretary, USCIS director and Ombudsman. He only used regular postal mail with a letter and his brief bio summary to show that he is highly recognized in his field. He kept sending them for 2 months until he heard back saying his NC is cleared.

His Senator's office was also helpful and the senator himself wrote for him to FBI asking for an update and why he was stuck. You should also try this route.
Calling service center or meeting IO will not move the case faster. Sometimes they both will give you different answers or no information.

If your I485 is 6 months old, I have heard you are eligible for a Writ of Mandumus. Filing this suit costs only 5 thousand dollars max, most people win and you will get your greencard within a month.

EB1s I485s should ideally clear within 3 months since it is the highest category and USA should welcome them. There is a person on this forum who got his EB1 greencard within 42 days this year.. That is how the system should be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called TSC this morning and a nice lady officer answered after 45 mins of holding. She said my fringer print is cleared and FBI background check is cleared on 10/29/07. I'm not sure whether this is the correct info or not but she seemed to be genuine. However, she did not give any info on my spouse for security reason.

NC cleared

I also called TSC today. Lady was very nice. She said the namecheck has now been cleared. Case has been assigned to an officer. Looks like a number of people have been cleared in October.

EB1-OR
I140AD: May 06, LUD in Feb 07
I485 ND: October 06

So far as per tarckitt (Lakksh thanks) two recent EB1 485 approvals (from India), hopefully the trend will pick up and continue. Folks keep posting any approvals.

Hi All,

I called NSC (again!) today - and was told that my case was assignment yesterday ( a holiday, no?) to an IO - just to point out, the last time I spoke with them, I was told the SAME thing! The CSR was very nice, and that certainly softened the blow of disappointment - so Oct '06 filers of I-485, we need to be patient troopers :)

This is really crazy. I see people waiting for I485s since October 06 here.
On Trackitt, I see some june 07 Rest of the world filers getting approvals in EB2

Why can't USCIS approve within a 6 month time frame if dates for EB1 are current?

People in other categories want dates to move forward but they do not understand it will not help if USCIS takes years to approve I485s even if dates are current.

Anyone contacted Ombustman about this?
http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm

Well approval is also dependent on name check so the current dates does not really matter....if you are stuck with name check like I was even though my dates were current for a long time (oct 6th PD).....i got approved only now.....so its really not in USCIS's hands....more like FBI needs to step up and hasten the name check process....also the EB1 really only helps you at the stage of I-140 after that pretty much every category is the same nowadays becoz of the name check black hole.....:)

Well approval is also dependent on name check so the current dates does not really matter....if you are stuck with name check like I was even though my dates were current for a long time (oct 6th PD).....i got approved only now.....so its really not in USCIS's hands....more like FBI needs to step up and hasten the name check process....also the EB1 really only helps you at the stage of I-140 after that pretty much every category is the same nowadays becoz of the name check black hole.....:)

When did you namecheck clear?

Your answer will help know the time it takes to get the GC after the namecheck is clear.

When did you namecheck clear?

Your answer will help know the time it takes to get the GC after the namecheck is clear.

I have no idea when my name check cleared because no one will tell me that..god knows how many senators I wrote to, how many appointments I had at the infopass....ironically then when i actually lost all hope and stopped worrying about the GC process in the last few months it gets approved...:D..I doubt ANYONE can predict the name check process....i have freinds who filed six months after me and already have their GCs and some who file a year before me and still have no news on 485 approval...so go figure.....its all LUCK after your name is sent to FBI....not even the almighty can predict that one....;)

Me and my spouse got a RFE today. Will have to wait till the snail mail arrives to find out what it is about -(

EB1-OR
I140AD: May 06, LUD in Feb 07
I485 ND: October 06, RFE Nov15 07

nov 14 update

Hi guys - it seems NSC is at April '07 for I-485's - BUT, where are the GC's for us Oct 2006 filers? What's up?!