EB-3 News on www.immigration-law.com

eb3_485

Registered Users (C)
08/17/2005: October New Fiscal Year Visa Number Allocation and USCIS Preparation for Adjudication of EB-3 485 Applications

Early next month, September, DOS will release the October 2005 Visa Bulletin and people will see the impact of new fiscal year visa number allocation on EB-3 visa number availability. As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish.
Report indicates that the Service Centers have been continuously processing EB-485 cases even though their visa numbers are currently unavailable and they cannot decide the cases. They are getting ready for October 1, 2005! No wonder why the EB-3 I-485 applicants have been receiving biometic appointment letters en masse lately. This is certainly not a bad news at all.
Here are a few pointers which may help the people who have been anxiously waiting for the EB-3 visa numbers becoming available for them:
First, when you receive the biometric scheduling, you should never reschedule it as it can cause a delay in processing your EB-3 I-485 applications. For Indians and Chinese, you may learn that such rescheduling will turn out be one of the most serious mistakes you would ever have made in the immigration journey.
Second, when RFE is received for either I-140 or EB-3 I-485 applications, you should send in responses as promptly as possible so that your cases will get ready for adjudication when the EB-3 visa numbers will become availabe on October 1 and thereafter.
Third, you should not do anything that can trigger transfer of EB-3 I-485 applications to the local district offices for interview or issuance of RFE. Once the cases are transferred to the local offices, the cases are subject to the local offices processing queue and decisions can be delayed substantially. Same will be true with the RFE. Those who have changed employers using AC 21 180-rule may want to assess the advantages and disadvantages of proactively reporting their employment changes with the help of their legal counsels.
Fourth, you should not do anything that will either cause a delay in completion of the name checks or trigger trasfer of the case to local district offices for clarification of issues that surfaced through the name checks for fact findings through the interviews. Minor violations of criminal law or local ordinance that require fingerprinting may trigger transfer of the cases to local offices, no matter whether it involves a deportable offense or not. Exit from the U.S. may also be reported by BCP inspectors through the database and the surrendered I-94 documents, which can cause some delays in adjudications, even though in most cases international travelling should not and have not affected adjudication of I-485 applications.
If you have any violation of status in whatever forms after filing I-485 applications, your contact with the agencies through extension or change of nonimmigrant status should be minimized as their findings of violation of nonimmigrant status post-filing of I-485 will seriously affect your eligibility for adjustment of status.

Will address change impact the process

I just received the biometric appointment and I did go for that on the scheduled date, but I am now moving to a different state. Will the address change or my moving to a different state impact the process and delay the GC approval.

Thanks
- HSB

hsbajwa said:
I just received the biometric appointment and I did go for that on the scheduled date, but I am now moving to a different state. Will the address change or my moving to a different state impact the process and delay the GC approval.

Thanks
- HSB
change of address should not have any impact on 485 processing.

fast_gc_seeker said:
change of address should not have any impact on 485 processing.
Is the mail from USCIS allowed to be forwarded to new address? I heard some mail has "forward not requested" on the envolop.
Thanks!

jnpr said:
Is the mail from USCIS allowed to be forwarded to new address? I heard some mail has "forward not requested" on the envolop.
Thanks!
uscis mails will NOT be fwd to any alternative address.

hsbajwa said:
I just received the biometric appointment and I did go for that on the scheduled date,
-Jatta O Jatta ya Bajwa saheb go for biometric

but I am now moving to a different state.
-file form AR11( it will NOT change your address on Pending petition with USCIS) once move update the service center by writing letter that your address on pending I-485 should be changed to new address(provide past address and NEW address), on cover letter write your Name, A#, DOB, I-485 reciept# attach copy of I-485 reciept and send it be certified mail to service center and out side the envelpoe write in big bold letters: Kind ATTN: Address Change on pending I-485 AND also call up 1 800 NCSC and update your new address
Will the address change or my moving to a different state impact the process and delay the GC approval.
--------- address change does not delay, if you dont update then may be delay for any notice

Thanks
- HSB

jnpr said:
Do you mean I have to call USCIS before I move?
------------ you should file form AR11 with in 10 days after you move,no need to call USCIS. remember filing AR11 does not chenge your address on pending petitions with USCIS, if you also need to change your address on pending petitions read below 1 and 2,3 how to do it:

1 file form AR11 for address change
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your I-485( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your I-485 reciept # name, DOB, A# on cover letter so that you get fingerprinting notice at your new address. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE for Pending Form I-485 ( or any other application)
4 if want to use AC21 THEN if the past company lawyer filed I-485 then better change your lawyer and fill up new G28 with your new lawyer and he can update USCIS that he represent you and can mail G28 to sevice center, he can also make a request to chage your New address on Pending I-485 and he will get if any RFE, if you dont change any RFE will go to past lawyer
*** do the all 1,2,3,4

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. Its good to know that change in address "should not" cause any delays..

Thanks again
- HSB

ginnu said:
jnpr said:
Do you mean I have to call USCIS before I move?
------------ you should file form AR11 with in 10 days after you move,no need to call USCIS. remember filing AR11 does not chenge your address on pending petitions with USCIS, if you also need to change your address on pending petitions read below 1 and 2,3 how to do it:

1 file form AR11 for address change
2 update NCSC on 18003755283, your new address, provide them your ,WAC,EAC or LIN # of I-485 and reciept # of any pending petitions with service center, provide the receipt#, your name, DOB, A#( A# is on I-485 filing reciept)
3 write letter to service center for address change on your I-485( if you have spouse I-485 pending He/she also need to change address on her/his I-485) or any pending petition with them provide your past and NEW address, attach I-485 receipt copy, write your I-485 reciept # name, DOB, A# on cover letter so that you get fingerprinting notice at your new address. Send the letter to your service center with certified return receipt and out side the envelope write in big bold letters ATTENTION: ADDRESS CHANGE for Pending Form I-485 ( or any other application)
4 if want to use AC21 THEN if the past company lawyer filed I-485 then better change your lawyer and fill up new G28 with your new lawyer and he can update USCIS that he represent you and can mail G28 to sevice center, he can also make a request to chage your New address on Pending I-485 and he will get if any RFE, if you dont change any RFE will go to past lawyer
*** do the all 1,2,3,4
Thank you ginnu.
Your information is very valuable to us.