EB-1 EA Criteria

Thank you nscagony. I have a plan to submit the proposal to NSF and I will receive a reply sometime in summer 2008. in this case I should not mention it. my research is on magnetic material and photonics I had also a collaboration with a US company (making thin films for them).

well i believe you have to be at least 13 and you had to of purchased an EA game to register to create your account that's what i did it worked for me been that way for years

HI,
I have a PhD in Biotechnology with more than 14 papers in international journals and about presented in 10 conferences. I have worked more than 10 years in this field in three different countries including US. Postions served include honorary visiting professor/Research associate, scientist . I have also got one prestigious fellowship by USIS and one from CSIR. I want to apply for EB1 self petition.
My main problem is the following. I took a masters in computer science and switched to IT about 8 years ago. Since then I have been working in IT. I have got an EB2 I140 aproved in IT field and I am stuck in the retrogression Queue.
Now my lawyer tells me I can file EB1.
All my publications are a bit old (until 1999) but I saw one of my co-authored journal paper published in 2003. I have sent emails to all my collegues in US now and and I got about five to six people ready to give local references. I have more than 6 or 7 international references. Do you think I can get EB1?

TO be honest, it would be difficult as you have not contributed continously on your filed. You cannot gurantee that you would contribute, because you have already changed the filed. To make things worse, your publications are too old.

Dear All, I find this article is very useful about EB1-A criteria.

Qualifications of EB1-A “Aliens with Extraordinary Ability “ — Have you Risen to the Very Top of your Endeavor?

by Victoria Chen, Esq., J.D. 01/20/2011

Federal regulations define “extraordinary ability “ as a level of expertise indicating the individual is one of a small percentage who has risen to the very top of a particular field in the sciences, arts, education, business, and athletics.

Why Apply under the Category of EB1-A?
There are primarily two advantages of applying immigration benefits under the category of EB1-A.

A. No Labor Certification or Employer Sponsor is Required
Among the many advantages of the employment-based category EB1-A, first of all, a specific job offer is not required for a foreign person in this group, as long as the foreign person is entering the United States to continue work in the field in which he or she has extraordinary ability. So self-petition is allowed. Moreover, a labor certification not required. Obtaining a labor certification is a long and complicated process. EB1-A application therefore saves an applicant lots of time.

B. Visas for EB1-A are all Current
This is the benefit for all first preference employment-based categories. Immigrant visas remain immediately available for all countries in the first employment-based (EB-1) preference category. In its latest projections, the State Department has indicated that it is unlikely that there will be any cut-off dates in the EB-1 preference during the coming months. This makes substantial difference for people born in China or India.

What is “Very top of the Endeavor “?
“Extraordinary ability “ is defined as a level of expertise indicating that the foreign person is one of a small percentage who has risen to the very top of the field of endeavor and that the foreign person's achievements have been recognized in the field of expertise. In addition, the foreign person has sustained national or international acclaim and that the foreign person's achievements have been recognized in the field of expertise.

Tips to Define to the Field of Endeavor
A. Define your Field of Endeavor Narrowly With regard to the requirement that the foreign person represent a “small percentage “ who has risen to the “very of the field of endeavor “, the actual field of endeavor must be defined before determining whether the foreign person has extraordinary ability in that field. It is important to remember that if your field of endeavor is narrowly defined, it is more likely that you will have risen to the top of your field. Take one of our clients as an example. Mr. Li is a PhD student in the program of computer science, focusing his research on terahertz application. As a student, it is difficult to argue that Mr. Li has risen to the very top of the field of terahertz application given that he still needs instruction of his professor. However, Mr. Li had obtained his master's degree in integrated circuit design and accumulated quite a few papers in this field. As a result, our firm successfully defined his field as a combination of terahertz and IC design, exploring the application of terahertz with integrated circuit. Accordingly, USCIS approved Mr. Li's employment-based first preference immigrant visa as a priority worker of extraordinary ability where Mr. Li submitted evidence sufficient to demonstrate that he was among the top researchers in the field who combines the expertise of IC design and terahertz application. Had Mr. Li defined his field more broadly, such as “outstanding researcher in the field of terahertz application, “ his credibility as an expert in both fields would have been diminished.

B. Take Advantage of your Previous Education Background and Working Experience Most applicants seeking immigration benefits of EB1-A have received their bachelor's or master's degrees in their own country. Many of them have substantial working experience. These are essential in defining their endeavors in the applicant's petition letter. By defining the filed narrowly and specifically, it is more convincing to argue that the applicant is one of few experts in the field and the applicant has risen to the very top of the endeavor.

More information is available here. We Greened Dot Com

• Make your Petition Letter More Convincing — How Should you Argue your EB1-A Case?(03/15/2011)

Eb1ea

Hi I am new to this forum,

I am interested in filing green card under EB1 EA.

I have
6 publications
2 years of postdoc experience in US
PhD from premier institute in India
Membership in Sigma Xi
10 poster presentations in cinferences
55 google scholar citation
5 reference letters from Professors in US
CSIR and Merit fellowship award in Masters from India

I have few question:
How do you check your citation in ISI citations
Does my case holds good for EB1 EA category?

Thanks in advance

Buy Foreclosure Online | Arizona Real estate foreclosures online

We are new online bidding service where investors can login and bid on Foreclosure Real Estate Properties in Arizona going to auction every day. Here you are guided for Real estate investment fund foreclosures REO services trustee auctions distressed property Arizona. You must have complete, current, and accurate information to make informed decisions.New Interactive Website

Can LIA apply GC personally thru an attorney

I have L1A but my company does not apply GC. Can I apply my GC using any immigration services on EB1 category.

The Requirements EB1-Extraordinary Ability Petition

The term "extraordinary ability" is defined by USCIS as "a level of expertise indicating that the individual is one of that small percentage who have risen to the very top of the field of endeavor". The initial evidence which must be submitted should establish that the alien "has sustained national or international acclaim and that his or her achievements have been recognized in the field of expertise." http://www.greencardapply.com/ea/ea_whatis.htm

Extraordinary ability aliens fall within the employment-based first preference. The requirements for the first preference classification are as follows:

a) the alien has extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the field through extensive documentation;

b) the alien seeks to enter the United States to continue work in the area of extraordinary ability; and

c) the alien's entry into the United States will substantially benefit prospectively the United States.

The EB1-Extraordinary Ability category provides the alien with the same immigration benefits as the EB2 National Interest Waiver, but without the need to prove that the alien's work is in the national interest of the United States. An EB1-Extraordinary Ability petition has strong evidentiary requirements which include the following:

The alien must have a demonstrated ability through sustained national or international acclaim; and

This extraordinary ability must be recognized in the alien's field through extensive documentation.

EB1-A chances

Hello All,

I am listing my credentials below. Could anyone suggest me if I have chances of EB1-A??

My credentials:
Patents: 1
Total: 8 articles (5 first author and 3 co author)
Citations: 6
Reviewer: 13 articles reviewed
Editorial team member in international journals: 2
Memmbership: Biomedical engineering society and controlled release society
Conference poster presentations: 7
Research experience: 3.5 years
PhD: US university.
Recommendation letters: 10

Thanks everyone.

what are my chances

1) 10 papers, 20 abstracts
2) Reviewer for 5 journals, reviewed 35 papers
3) citations: 313
4) 6 LORs (2 foreign, 1 from someone who cited my first author paper 2 times, 4 independent referees)

Hi,
I am trying for EB1-A category. How much chances of success are there? Detail is below:

I have 17 publications (07 are SCI journals)
78 citations
12 reviewer assignments
02 Edited Books with Springer
Ph.D in mechanical Engineering
05 Book chapters
01 grant from DST-SERB New Delhi, india
03 chaired sessions in Conferences
03 Invited talks

Please guide