EB-1 EA Criteria

Hi, this is my first post on this portal. I am not sure how it works. I should have probably started a new thread, if only i knew how:)
My NIW case was denied nd I have appealed it. It is currently with AAO, how long does it take for AAO to take a decision?

Eb1

i have a masters degree in computer engineering.
i have like 4 reasearch papers published .i attended some conferences and did few presentations .
i developed a small web tool and and it is used by two small companies .
i can only get recommendation letters from my professors from my univ and my h1b employer .iam on h1b .

is it possible some way i can apply for eb1 -EA or EB1 -OR , how should i go about it .

please let me know .I will really appreciate your help .

regards
raj

eb1 vs eb2

Sorry to say...you do not qualify.
For EB1 you need international recognition i.e. your papers and research should be widely cited and used used by international researchers.
Recommendation letters are useless.
You might qualify or eb2 though

Eb!

eb1or said:
Sorry to say...you do not qualify.
For EB1 you need international recognition i.e. your papers and research should be widely cited and used used by international researchers.
Recommendation letters are useless.
You might qualify or eb2 though

I have been working as a consultant for a major transit system in this country since 5 years and they are willing to employ me.I have an engineering degree but my service is rendered for the area of projects improving security.These are of national important and funded by DHS,FRA etcc..

Would i qualify for EB1 if i get letter from the above mentioned federal organizations,I am holding an Engineering degree with 13 years of experience.

Please advise...

What I heard was Federal Agency will not issue any Letter of Recommendations for VISA process etc which is related to USCIS. If you get, it is going to be good for you.
Best of Luck

EB-1 EA filing

I was filing EB1-EA category concurrent (I140 and I485). Can I explain in my covering letter about I140 EB2 approval. How that will affect my EB1 approval.

Any suggestions!

Hi, I am new here. I just submitted I-140 based on EB1-EA to TSC. Here is my criteria: USA Ph.D working in biomedical field; have 4 papers and 27 citations; 8 ref letters; participate in writing a book (one chapter); got a American Heart Association grant and a few national and local awards; reviewd a grant and two papers before. Please let me know what you think of my case (weak, strong?). Should I go PP?
Thanks.

Hi Coolcat8,
I think you can wait for a while if you are not in a hurry. If you get RFE, then PP will be a waste. Your case looks stronger but can't say with little information. AHA grant is strong. 4 papers with 24 citations is very good.
Someone experienced should answer your PP question.

I am preparing my EB1-EA petition (self). My credentials are:
PhD India
2 professional membership
1 Fellowship award, India
4 National and 1 International poster awards
1 Travel award
5 Editorial member
6 Reviewer in Journals
1 Indian patent
11 first author paper (36 citations)
7 co-author paper
1 Review
1 Book Chapter (invited)
26 Poster presentation (Regional, National and International)
7 Reprint request

Any suggestion whether I can go for PP. I am also thinking concurrent filing.
Advice!!
Thanks

Go for PP, Geleya!

If I were you, I would go for PP. I think your case looks pretty strong. I know someone who had a similar background as yours went PP a few weeks ago, and he got approved in 10 days. I want to do that, but still can not decide. My other case EB2-NIW is in Nebraska, it has been 4 months and the wait will be long. Did it only take you two months for NIW to be approved at TSC? Should I resubmit my NIW through e-filing? Just in case.

Thanks Coolcat8

One of my friend waited almost 8 months for EB1 and EB2 from NSC. Finally he got EB1 approved. I heard many cases getting RFE from NSC. What I read in the forum was better to select TSC. I am not sure whether you can apply to two centers for the same EB2, but definitely go through this forum and also in Murthy forum before taking any decision. If you can, better efile to TSC.
Yes. I got my EB2 within 2.5 months. My covering letter was very bad initially and then after RFE, I wrote better one. Forum helped me after RFE and I was confident.

Coolcat8,
Do you think I can go for PP with concurrent filing (I-140 etc together).

Thanks

I am self-preparing EB1A too, and defintely need help.

My case looks not very strong: (so I need to prepare my file well)

1. two postdoc fellowships (national) from Canada. One is very competitive, a big honor to have. The awardees are posted online, and reported in the departmental news. My question: should I only mention the strong one while don't mention the other one (not strong) at all? Also, for other institutional, local and provincial scholarships/awards, don't mention them at all?

2. Memberships: Sigma Xi, other society associations like CMS (Canadian Mathematical Society), AMS (American Mathematical Society) and AIAA (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics). My question: should I only mention Sigma Xi, and not to mention the others at all?

3. Judge of others work: reviewed for five journal papers for four journals and three papers for two conference proceedings; Co-organized an international conference, co-chaired one session in the conference; Sat in the local organizing committee for two international conferences.

4. Original contributions: 8 papers cited 39 times (ISI Web), among which 6 are first authored with 27 citations; 8 references letters (USA, Canada, HK, UK, Germany); couple of reprints request (need to find the original emails);

5. Authorship: 15 journal papers (10 first authored), 7 conference proceedings (5 first authored), one book chapter.

Question: where do I put the conference presentations, invited talks (to conferences and universities)? Originally I put them under item 6. Display of the alien's work at artistic exhibitions or showcases. Now, I don't think it is appropriate. I could put them under the "contributions" to emphasize that my significant contributions are well recoganized nationally and internationally?

Thanks. Please share your experience. Any tips, comments and suggestions?

Geleya, yes you can do everything together. However, the suggestion is, better wait till all the supporting material gets there and then file PP, just to be safe. That's what I have been told. Good luck! Please let us know your progress.
llp1, I think you should mention everything you have. It doesn't matter if it is a good one. I think the more, the better.
Does anybody know whether you can file the same case to two different service centers? Thanks.

llp1,
Yours is a strong case. Be confident with that.

Question:
where do I put the conference presentations,
Ans: Display of work at exhibitions

invited talks (to conferences and universities)? Originally I put them under item 6. Display of the alien's work at artistic exhibitions or showcases. Now, I don't think it is appropriate. I could put them under the "contributions" to emphasize that my significant contributions are well recoganized nationally and internationally?
Ans: Original scientific or scholarly contributions in his field of expertise

Coolcat8,
Thanks. I will look for answer to your question.

I have two questions:
1. I have old NIW letters and I was thinking of using 3-4 letters for the new EB1 submission. In 2 letters it was mentioned for "EB2-National Interest Waiver". Is anyone know whether I can use them. These letters have interesting extroardinary writings and it is hard to get letters from them again.

2. My EB2 priority date is Jan 2006, if I submit EB1 EA and get approved, how to change my priority date to EB2 priority date. Whether I should write this in my EB1 covering letter or what is the criteria.

Thanks a lot.

Hi All,

Am new too. I tried opening the Eb-1 criteria from leroythelion but no luck..

are there more sites for this?? also how many applications can i put in for Eb-1 in a year? is there a limit.

Thanks

Me too, I tried the link from leroythelion with no luck. I think the company changed from twm to millermayer, not sure though.

Many thanks, to geleya and coolcat8.

geleya, I read somewhere in this forum and in another forum, that it is OK to use copy of old letters. Especially it is OK to use NIW letters for EB1, while not the vice versa. Some people used a letter of two years old, (copies) and still got approved.

I don't know the answer for your second question.

coolcat8, I had a similar question to yours.

skit, if you want to find the criteria for eb-1, the safe place is uscis website. I didn't find any regulations saying the number of times for the petition. If you find, tell me.

Thanks.

geleya, I read somewhere in this forum and in another forum, that it is OK to use copy of old letters. Especially it is OK to use NIW letters for EB1, while not the vice versa. Some people used a letter of two years old, (copies) and still got approved.

I don't know the answer for your second question.

Thanks.

llp1,
Thanks. Yes I also read in the forum. People used the old NIW and got the approval in EB1. My major problem is my 3 letters out of 5 have "for EB2-National Interest Waiver". I dont know whether I can use them in EB1. These are very imp letters for me. Let me know if you get any information regarding this.

Keep smiling.

geleya,
If I were you, to be safe, I would not use the ones with "EB2-National Interest Waiver" in for EB1. The problem is the word "EB2". Just my thoughts. Try to ask your references to remove those words, and sign for you again. It's hard, but we have to give it a try.
Of course, if you want to take a risk, give them the copies, and hope they don't spot "EB2" or even they spot out they don't mind much. I don't think those officers will read our documents word by word. They simply don't have much time for each case.

geleya,
If I were you, to be safe, I would not use the ones with "EB2-National Interest Waiver" in for EB1. The problem is the word "EB2". Just my thoughts. Try to ask your references to remove those words, and sign for you again. It's hard, but we have to give it a try.
Of course, if you want to take a risk, give them the copies, and hope they don't spot "EB2" or even they spot out they don't mind much. I don't think those officers will read our documents word by word. They simply don't have much time for each case.

llp1,
Thanks. Your thoughts gave me sort of satisfaction. Yes let me give a shot. I will ask them again and see what happens. The old letters have information and it is for the same purpose (GC) and also it was directed to TSC. I think it should work. Thanks once again.

advice on current lawyer (NIW/EB-2)

I am currently trying to prepare a National Interest Waiver/EB-2 application and I hired a lawyer from "Kemp..., Kell.. and Le...-Cal...," based in Chicago, IL. I originally hired this lawyer because they were recommended to me by my previous institution and because they gave me a good first impression when I went for a consultation with them.
However, and after I already paid my retainer fee (ca. half of the toal price), they are taking a bit too long to reply to my messages and editing my letters. I am really worried now that this lawyer may not be paying the best or at least the minimum attention to my case.
Would anybody be able to provide me with any feedback on this firm? (you'll know the complete name if you know anything about them)
What do you suggest?

Thanks