Early interview time -Chicago

teacher2003

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My wife and I are scheduled for 10/22 interview at Chicago at 8:05 am.
We have a new born and I think it will be very difficult for us to arrive there at 8am (from Chicago suburbs). Can we go late , say around 10?
Is this a big deal or do we need to take prior permission. Also, what is the policy regarding taking infants to the interview..

Thanks

Since all the appointments are already scheduled, you will not be able to go at 10 am. It may lead to rescheduling your interview to some other day and may delay it further.
You can reach there by around 8:05, you don't have to go very early.

Also though you can take infants to the DO and they are allowed in the lobby, I am not sure you will be able to take them inside the interview room. It depends on the baby's age. However, I don't think it will be a problem if the baby is below 6 months as they don't make much noise..:)

If your and your wife's interviews are not at the same time, you can take the baby with you without any issue.

Hi
We have a new born and I think it will be very difficult for us to arrive there at 8am (from Chicago suburbs). Can we go late , say around 10?
Is this a big deal or do we need to take prior permission. Also, what is the policy regarding taking infants to the interview..

Thanks

No. You have to show up at the allotted time.
Also, what is the policy regarding taking infants to the interview..
Varies from place to place, but if the infant is crying you probably will have to remove the baby from the building. So it is better to leave the infant home in somebody's care. Are both of you interviewing for citizenship on the same day? If not, the individual who isn't interviewing can remain home with the baby.

Not true ... my youngest brother made a ton of noise from the day he came home from the hospital.

Your brother might not have liked the weather that day...:D:D

But seriously, I saw people bringing kids and infants to the interview. Even the kids were making noise, the receptionist or the officers didn't say anything. If there is atleast 30 min. gap between the interview times of wife and husband, this is not an issue at all.

Hi

Thanks

Dude,

Congrats on your newborn and I hope you and wife are getting some sleep. I would advice you to wake-up at 4am, leave the house by 5am and get to the Immigration Office around 7:30am. You can do it, I used to have a newborn and boy I tell you, if I needed to get somewhere for 10am, like NY (live in DC), I would leave my house around 3:30am and take couple of rest stops to feed and change our son. Remember, it is best that immigration officials are running late, for you it won't be cool at all. Your newborn will be allowed at the office, so no need to worry about it. Good luck...:D

Hi

Thanks

What are you talking about!!!:confused: With a new born 8.00 AM is like in the middle of the day whereas 6 PM is like midnight! At least from what I remember about my child from 5 years ago :D :D . Taking him at 8 AM should be a piece of cake for you guys since I believe you would be used to waking up through the night by now. :rolleyes: If not you better get used to it and try to make that 8.05 AM no matter what :). Any parent who has brought up an infant should not have a problem in making it at 8 AM at least once in his or her lifetime for this very important purpose. :)

Thanks for the info
Looks like I have to drop off my 4 yr old at daycare at 6:30
and take my infant to downtown Chicago at 8am :(
Yes, my wife and I have interview at same time.
Also, one more question Is the Oath location at the same place and can we do it same day or we need to go there again!

Stay overnight in downtown Chicago if you have to but be there 30 minutes prior to your scheduled interview!!!

Hi

Thanks

I strongly advice you not to go late for the interview. This is the last step with your immigration process and it is possible that they will not accept this late appearance and ultimately deny your petition. Then you have to start all over again. Do not take chances. Infact, find a way to be there little bit early.

This is my personal opinion.

Thanks for the info
I don't think this as a burden. I am little unhappy that I got a 8 am slot. I have never had such an early interview and that's what made me a little anxious..
I will do what I need to do. I have some time so i can plan :)

BTW, what is Yellow letter. I never got that. I got an interview letter that's all. Is YL something I need

:D
Thanks for the info
I don't think this as a burden. I am little unhappy that I got a 8 am slot. I have never had such an early interview and that's what made me a little anxious..
I will do what I need to do. I have some time so i can plan :)

BTW, what is Yellow letter. I never got that. I got an interview letter that's all. Is YL something I need

Yellow Letter is unnecessary and be glad you never got it. All people who received a Yellow Letter are required to run a 2 mile marathon in an underground USCIS track to ensure that they are fit. :rolleyes:

8am slot is a perfect slot for anyone with a newborn. You get there early, your little one will be tired from a 2 hour drive and will sleep throughout the interview. Once you and wife are done, both pass and are given the opportunity to be sworn-in (if available), then you are done with immigration. When you get home around 4pm, pick up your daughter and go to a nice restuarant for a dinner celebration. Get home at 6pm and go to bed....:cool:

I would love for them to schedule me at 5am, I would arrive there at 4am, bring an extra cup of coffee for myself, I and me.