eAP - Class of Admission field ?

arjun96

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I was filling the E-File AP and got stuck on this entry: CLASS OF ADMISSION.

I have seen a couple of posts regarding this and the conclusion is: Enter your current immigration status.

Now, my current immigration status is: AOS (Adjustment Of Status Pending/I-485 Pending).

But the on-line version of this form does not allow the user to enter more then 8 characters. How do I enter the entire message "AOS (Adjustment Of Status Pending)" ? OR "AOS" shall just do it.

Any thoughs on this shall be appreciated.

Thanks,
Arjun

arjun96 said:
Hi,

I have seen a couple of posts regarding this and the conclusion is: Enter your current immigration status.

Now, my current immigration status is: AOS (Adjustment Of Status Pending/I-485 Pending).

But the on-line version of this form does not allow the user to enter more then 8 characters. How do I enter the entire message "AOS (Adjustment Of Status Pending)" ? OR "AOS" shall just do it.

Thanks,
Arjun

If you have used AP to enter at POE then your status will be PAROLLEE other wise i think it must be AOS

arjun96 said:
Hi,

Thanks,
Arjun

-------better paper file so no mistakes
Here is the answer for EAD it is not for AP I think same should be for AP:

Class of Admission Defined by USCIS
We have recently had a number of clients, as well as MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers, ask us what the USCIS means by the term "Class of Admission" on the new Form I-131, Application for Travel Document. The USCIS has confirmed that they are seeking the applicant's current immigration status. They are not looking for the status at first or most recent entry to the U.S., if different from the current status. For example, if a person entered the U.S. through a Port of Entry and was granted F-1 status, but later changed his or her status to H1B from within the U.S., the correct answer on the form for Class of Admission is H1B.
It is unclear why the USCIS decided to change the phrasing of this question. We appreciate that they have clarified the definition so that we are better able to assist our readers and clients in providing accurate information to the USCIS.
© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C.

from http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/mar1904.pdf

Thanks ginnu & Ak2003 for your response. But this quest has led to another qestion:

When one enters US on AP does his/her status in the US after that changes to PAROLLEE or still remains AOS (assuming prior to leaving US he/she was in AOS (Adjustment of Status pending) ?

Regards,
Arjun

Last edited by a moderator:
arjun96 said:
Thanks ginnu & Ak2003 for your response. But this quest has led to another qestion:

When one enters US on AP does his/her status in the US after that changes to PAROLLEE or still remains AOS (assuming prior to leaving US he/she was in AOS (Adjustment of Status pending) ?

Regards,
Arjun

When you use AP at POE you will be parolled into the US till the date your AP is valid for and sometimes they parolle you indefinitely. I think your status is PAROLLE but if you are using H1B then you i think it will be H1B (from what i read in the article from Sheela Murthy's site)

Thanks once again AK2003 for the quick response.

Now I am confused: I was on AOS here in the US. Took AP (valid for 1 year), went to India for 1 month and then came back, entering US using the AP. My AP is valid till Aug 2004. But the Officer at POE stamped on my AP "PAROLED until: Sep 26, 2004" . What does this mean ?

Thanks and reponse appreciated.
Arjun

arjun96 said:
Thanks once again AK2003 for the quick response.

Now I am confused: I was on AOS here in the US. Took AP (valid for 1 year), went to India for 1 month and then came back, entering US using the AP. My AP is valid till Aug 2004. But the Officer at POE stamped on my AP "PAROLED until: Sep 26, 2004" . What does this mean ?

Thanks and reponse appreciated.
Arjun

By using AP you are Parolled in to the US temporarily based on your I485 application and untill its approved. At POE the officer stamps your AP till a certain date, i am not sure why and i dont think the date makes any difference because you can use your AP to travel only till its valid.

I was Parolled indefinitely on my first AP but i still had to get a new AP before its expiry to travel.

Q's while e-filling on-line.. I'm e-filling AP for my wife and myself
1. In the Certify forms screen I'm wondering do I need to fill the 2nd Part? which is for Attorney or Reprentative?
2. If I add 2 AP forms how will my wife certify the forms?

Pls advice..

Thanks,
Rejji

rejji27 said:
Q's while e-filling on-line.. I'm e-filling AP for my wife and myself
1. In the Certify forms screen I'm wondering do I need to fill the 2nd Part? which is for Attorney or Reprentative?
2. If I add 2 AP forms how will my wife certify the forms?

Pls advice..

Thanks,
Rejji

Hi Rejji,

> 1. In the Certify forms screen I'm wondering do I need to fill the 2nd Part? which is for Attorney or Reprentative?
Not necessary, as u are filling the application.
> 2. If I add 2 AP forms how will my wife certify the forms?
I would file 2 separate e-AP's.

Arjun

Have a question for Rejji:

What did u fill in the 'CLASS OF ADMISSION' filed on the e-AP ?

I am on AOS (Adjuestment of Status)/I485 pending. What should I enter, as the 'CLASS OF ADMISSION' filed would not take more the 8 characters.

Thanks,
Arjun