EAD Tracker for Dec 2002 and Jan/Feb/March 2003

May be I am right or Wrong ??

I see the trend like this , I think the BCIS operates like this

I think this happens in a cycle of every 3 months

I think they process 140 apps for 3 months, then they process EAD apps for the next 3 months, then they process 131 apps for the next 3 months, then they process 485 apps for the next 3 months, why i am thinking like this is during sept to nov last year you could get your 140 approved in 30 days, then the trend changed to EAD and then to 485, now again i am seeing that the 140 are getting approved and they have slowed down drastically on 485's,

My question is has anybody noticed this ??

Comments are welcome ??

People like Pork Chop who are immigration experts , do you have a word on this ??

Thanks..,
Pchandra

EAD Approved on 04/23

Congratulations taijiren on your recent EAD approval.

I guess it is my turn to report EAD approval. Both my and my spouse's (I-485 derivative) EAD has been approved. The AVM is updated this afternoon, but the on-line status has not been updated yet.

EAD/AP/I-485 RD: 12/27/2002
EAD/AP/I-485 ND: 01/02/2003

EAD AD: 04/23/2003 :)

Both my and my spouse's AP is still under processing.

Other details:

NSC/EB3/Concurrent

I-140 RD: 11/27/2002
I-140 AD: 04/11/2003
FP done on 02/08/2003

Good Luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD Approved

Just to Give You A Snapshot Of All The Details

EB3 Regular/NONRIR

140 --> LIN0304951XXX
------------------------------
ND 12/03/2002
AD 04/05/2002

EAD --> LIN0309252XXX
------------------------------
ND 01/28/2003
AD 04/18/2003

AP --> LIN0309252XXX
-------------------------------
ND 01/28/2003
AD 04/22/2003

FP
-------------------------------
??????????????????????????????????????????????????

485 --> LIN0309252XXX
--------------------------------
RD 01/21/2003
ND 01/28/2003
AD ??/??/????

Last edited by a moderator:
Interim EAD is expiring ... RFE on EAD

I applied for 2nd EAD on Dec 23, 2002 because my first EAD had to expire on April 1, 2003. I waited for 90 days but did not receive EAD from NSC. So I went to St. Paul local INS office and received interim EAD on March 24, 2003. This EAD is valid for 3 months only i,e it will be expired on July 1, 2003.

On April 24, 2003 I received an RFE (request for evidence) on my EAD application. I replied the RFE on April 25, 2003.

Now my question is what will happen if after submitting documenbts of RFE I don't receiceve EAD prior to expiration of my current interim EAD?
Am I still eligible to go to local INS office again and get second interim EAD if I don't receive EAD prior to expiration of my current interim EAD (i.e. before July 1, 2003)? OR I still have to wait for 90 days after the RFE response?

What does local INS office policy say in this case? Do they issue 2nd interim EAD to those applicant whose application has RFE and RFE has been responded? Do they say to wait for 90 days after the RFE response before applying for interim EAD?

Any information or guide will be highly appreciated ... thanks

Hi,

Your questions are best answered by BCIS/INS. Why don't you go and pose this question to St. Paul local BCIS/INS office.

Hope you get your EAD card before your i-EAD expires. Good Luck !

Regards,

RD: 09/26/2002
ND: 10/09/2002
EAD: 11/05/2002, expires - 11/05/2003
FP: 11/15/2002
LIN: LIN-03-007-xxxxx

EAD and AP approved

Amended 140/485/EAD/AP - RD 1/22/03

140 - AD - 4/24/03 Approval Received
EAD - AD - 5/1/03 Waiting for Card
AP - AD - 5/2/03 Waiting for Docs

Lamba,

I had the same question as you. My I765 application has been pending since 12/4/02. My 90 interim EAD was valid for 90 days and will expire next month. I called an Immigration Information Officer and asked if they would issue another one if there was an RFE on my case (i.e. issued or received). I was told that they would as long as the I765 case had not been adjudicated. This is good news for us but we need to consider two things.

1. IIOs are notorious for giving out false information sometimes un-intentionaly.
2. BCIS field offices may have different policies.

Therefore, I plan on talking to another IIO again to verify this information can calling local BCIS office and see if they’ll tell me their policy on the telephone (sometimes they’re not very cooperative). I’ll post updates once I have any information.
rgds,
sadiq

Originally posted by sadiq
Lamba,

I had the same question as you. My I765 application has been pending since 12/4/02. My 90 interim EAD was valid for 90 days and will expire next month. I called an Immigration Information Officer and asked if they would issue another one if there was an RFE on my case (i.e. issued or received). I was told that they would as long as the I765 case had not been adjudicated. This is good news for us but we need to consider two things.

1. IIOs are notorious for giving out false information sometimes un-intentionaly.
2. BCIS field offices may have different policies.

Therefore, I plan on talking to another IIO again to verify this information can calling local BCIS office and see if they’ll tell me their policy on the telephone (sometimes they’re not very cooperative). I’ll post updates once I have any information.
rgds,
sadiq

I heard that local office does not issue interim EAD if pending application has RFE. They issue interim EAD if RFE response has been received.

I got my one year EAD extension from local office.

My attorney informed me that NSC will return my pending EAD extension applcation since my 485 application transferred to local office and I can get EAD from local office. I went to Bloomington office they waived application fee (because I already paid this fee to NSC office) and issued me EAD same day.

:) Good luck to all

Approved

I am from NSEERS country but I was not subject for finger printing because my last entry the US was after 09/30/02 and I was also not registered at the border upon my last entry. I received RFE on both 485 and EAD applications regarding NSEERS registration. They requested for a copy of the arrival-departure record (I-94) that indicates NSEERS registration (Fingerprint Identification Number). In response to RFE my attorney sent a letter to cover all these detail and explained them why I am not subject for the registration. Then after following things happened:

485 case was transferred from NSC to local office (Bloomington, Minnesota) … June 03.
Second EAD applied in July 03 at local office and received it same day
Second finger printing was done in Oct. 03.
Interview call letter received in Nov 03.
Interview was done in Dec 03. Passport was also stamped at the time of interview.

Today I feel free … wish you best of luck.
:)