EAD Tracker for Dec 2002 and Jan/Feb/March 2003

EAD RD 12/04/02
AD: Still not adjudicated

After 90 days I got an interim EAD from the Portland, OR office. However, it was only valid for 90 days and expires June 4th of this year. Does anyone have any suggestions on contacting NSC? I've tried calling repeatedly over several days but only get busy signals. Will writing to them work?

I don't expect my I485 to be adjudicated by June.
I485 RD 12/18/01
ND 12/26/01
FP 4/04/02
AD: ?

rgds,
sadiq

My 2nd EAD applied on Jan-28-03. Approved on MAR-17-03.

They are looking at the need of EAD and is approving. 1st time EAD is taking time as they think most these guys are on H1 and does not require and EAD to work.

not sure if that's true...

i am referring to reliance's assumption that an applicant's "need" figures into approval...

my H-1 expires in less than a week's time (march 31), and my EAD renewal application RD is Jan 23, 2003 (earlier than reliance's), and it is still not approved.

in my case, i belong to a special registration country, so i don't know if those good people at BCIS want to send me an RFE for SR first...

Spoke to IIO today

RD 1/22/03 ND 1/29/03. Amended 140. My present h-1 expires 5/30/03.
I was informed that my case has been assigned to an officer last week and it will take 4-5 weeks more for adjudication.

Accronyms EAD/485

Folks:

I am new to the forum and not familiar with the aronyms , RD/ND/REF etc. Could someone tell me.

Prav

?

RD - Receipt Date
The date when the service center received your application.

ND - Notice Date
The date when the service center sent a notice to you saying they received your application

RFE - Request For Evidence
The Service center if they need additional evidence they send out RFE. For example an evidence to prove that you are employed with the same employer.

EAD AP

RD 01/10/03

FP 03/11

EAD approved 03/27 ( 1st time EAD)

AP approved 03/28

Online message changed for EAD, AP, FP. Waiting for the card.

I-140 approved 25th March, 03

EAD card received 04/05/03.

AP received through our lawyer 04/07/03

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 03 EAD receipt recvd on 4-11-03

My EAD renewal application was received by BCIS_NSC on 26 Feb 03 and they issued receipt on 4-8-03.

There are some FEb-03 EAD applicants who did not get receipts , they should be getting them too.. i assume..

EAD, AP RFEs'

OldtimerSince93

RFE for EAD....They need a recent picture ID, issued by govt. having the date of birth. They have specifically stated that the copy of the ID should be very clear.

For this copy of the first page of the passport and driver's license were mailed and they had acknowledged according to online status.

AP RFE...online status shows they have asked for some additional info. but still have not received the letter. Will keep you informed through this forum.

2nd EAD RD Feb 14 2003. Actually I have not received any paper from BCIS abut receipt. But I called IIo and she gave me LIN number. Also I had LIN number on the cancelled check. Any way checked on line and it is approved on April 3, card not received.

Actally i flled my 2nd EAD on feb'15, still now I have not received any paper from BCIS about receipt

Got EAD receipts

I filed my EAD renewal on Feb 19. After getting my LIN from an IIO, the online status shows they RD/ND as Feb 25. On Saturday I received the notice letter which shows the RD as Feb19 and ND as April 7.

If the renewal is not approved by 90 days, and the local BCIS will issue an interim EAD only 90 days after ND, I am in trouble. I see people with EAD apps around late Feb, have been getting receipt notices. Anyone with similar dates ?

Thanks

485 & EAD
RD: 1/2/03
waiting...

RD: 12/5/02
AD: 4/11/03

It's been morn than 3 months for EAD, is it because that I just got 140 cleared? And, does anybody know how to count 180 days for 485 for concurrent filing? Is it from the RD of 485, or from the date that 140 approval? Thanks...

taijiren....

I'm in a similar situation also.

EAD/AP/I-485 RD: 12/27/02

I-140
RD: 11/27/02
AD: 04/11/03

I think since the I-140 has just been approved, they will hopefully take up our EAD/AP petitions for processing now.

As far as 180 days count is concerned, much has been already discussed in various forums and there are conflicting opinions as to whether the clock starts after I-140 approval or right away after I-485 filing in case of concurrent filing. I want to believe that it is from the date of your I-485 filing. But like most of the members of this forum have already expressed, it is very hard to interpret the AC21 rule in case of concurrent filing. Seeking a competent attorney's opinion would not be a bad idea.

Good Luck to all.

Originally posted by taijiren
485 & EAD
waiting...

It's been morn than 3 months for EAD, is it because that I just got 140 cleared? And, does anybody know how to count 180 days for 485 for concurrent filing? Is it from the RD of 485, or from the date that 140 approval? Thanks...

bnks, you are right

They are picking up EADs after 140 approval... my update:

EAD
AD: 4/18/03

485:
waiting...

EADs approved

According to the online case status my wife's and my EAD renewals were approved. This was a self-application.
RD-Feb 25
AD-Apr 18