EAD Timeline: Updated

Hi Little Britian,
I have a very similar time line. See few messages above, and my DO is also Washington DC. I think you're timeline is moving just fine. Keep in touch so we track our progress.

Hi Demashkieh,

Yes our timelines are very similar. No one has the same situation on this forum. So we need to keep intouch

You should infopass

Got docs results back today. Onway to Post office to express them back to USCIS

My LUD changes have been promising....

But who knows you can send me private messages if you want..... (more specific info)

Have a gud one

additional documents requirement AND EAD

Hi ,

I recieved notice for the need for sending additional document (husband's latest tax transcrpits). We can provide that, but what the notice also states that my EAD will not be processed until after 90 days after the INS recieves these documents from me...Which basically means that my EAD has been delayed for over 3 months from now!

Anyone with similar experiences? ar any suggestions?

Thanks in advance. :confused:

No information received

I have not received anything from USCIS. My LUD on I-765 and I-130 is 05/03/06. Is this normal? I am seeing people with later LUD's getting things already such as interview appts. Please advise. Thank you

Just got notification today (on a Saturday!) that both mine & my husband's work permits were approved. Such a relief - his was really coming down to the wire! Good luck to the rest of you. (ps all timeline info in my sig below)

My EAD has been approved on May 24th. Just received email notification today! Please update EAD timeline....:

Ead woes

Eugene176 congrats I am waiting patiently for mine too...job offer is waiting.. :( ...well we have similar dates so that is a good sign....
DO: NY
H1B married to USC(GC holder until march 06) (5years in October..)
AOS package sent to chicago lockbox 03/17/06
RD 3/19/06
ND 3/23/06
FP/BIO ND 3/24/06
FP/BIO CODE 3 DONE 4/7/06
LUD I485 4/10/06
LUD I130 5/6/06
LUD I765 5/24/06
EAD????
INTERVIEW 7/17/06

Last edited by a moderator:
Spouse of G.C holder
I-130 ND is 25 JAN 2001 (TSC) not approved yet
sent I-485,I-765,I-131 to chicago 16 March
RD 17 March
ND 20 March
F.P,Bio appointment letter RD 30 March
FP & bio done on 7 April
LUD on 10 April(I-485,I-765) no change in messg.
LUD on 29 April (I-131,I-765) no change in messg.
LUD on 5th May(i-485) that RFE has been sent on 28 April
received RFE on 6th MAy
sent required documents on 16th May
LUD on I-485 on 25th may saying they received the required documents on 19 May and processing has been resumed.
LUD on i_485 on 26 May with no change.

Hi tig3,
My RFE was similar that I cannot apply for i-EAD till the USCIS receives reply for the RFE.
My DO is washington,D.C
I read in some other post that somone replied to the RFE which delayed the RFE for only a few days and not 90 days.The only thing I could do was send in the reply ASAP.Hope this helps.
juno

Help

juno said:
Spouse of G.C holder
I-130 ND is 25 JAN 2001 (TSC) not approved yet
sent I-485,I-765,I-131 to chicago 16 March
RD 17 March
ND 20 March
F.P,Bio appointment letter RD 30 March
FP & bio done on 7 April
LUD on 10 April(I-485,I-765) no change in messg.
LUD on 29 April (I-131,I-765) no change in messg.
LUD on 5th May(i-485) that RFE has been sent on 28 April
received RFE on 6th MAy
sent required documents on 16th May
LUD on I-485 on 25th may saying they received the required documents on 19 May and processing has been resumed.
LUD on i_485 on 26 May with no change.
Hi Juno,

Little Britain here.

I'm in the same situation. I got an RFE, which I have mailled back to them EXPRESS -GUARANTEED.

My situation seems very similar to your own. I live just outside DC.

Sent to Chicago lockbox
Then onto MSC
Recv date 31st march 06
ND 5th april 06
Biometrics 4/19/06
RFE (1-485) 5/10/06 (I693 required)
I693 docs appointment today 22nd may 06
Results tomorrow will send next day guaranted back to USCIS
LUD I-765 5/18/06
LUD I-485 5/19/06
LUD I-130 5/18/06
Infopass - 31st May 06

WHO KNOWS IF The RFE will delay our EAD I hope not... I have been searching this forum for a while now. I dont think the RFE will delay our EAD at all. As the RFE is connected to I-485.

Well let me know and keep intouch since my date is 2 weeks after yours and we are local.

Little Britain
I havent recieved an update yet...

LAST QUESTION (ANYONE HELP!!!!)

If.... i get an update from USCIS in regards to the RFE can I ask for IEAD at my infopass. I know it hasnt been 90days. but I have a job offer on the table once my paper work is in order.

EAD timeline

I have applied for EAD second time. My timeline is aas mentioned below

EAD RD 04/03/06
ND 04/05/06
Biometrics for I-765 04/20/06
LUD 04/22/2006
LUD 06/3/2006
Waiting for EAD............??
Stuck in Name Check for I-485 for almost 1 year

My spouse is preparing/filling all the EAD info online and has the following question:

1) Spouse came to USA on a Student visa(F1). During OPT , worked on EAD for 2 months but it was from INS. Now one of the quesion is
Have you ever before applied for employment authorization from BCIS?

though it was from INS and not BCIS, should we mark it as Yes ?

2) For (c)(9) eligibility status only
Please select the location where your
I-485 is pending:

since all the forms are going to CHICAGO LOCK BOX, should I select HOUSTON DO or CHICAGO DO ? Please advise ASP..Thanks.

1) They changed things in 2003 when they created the Department of Homeland Security. You can treat INS, BCIS, and USCIS as synonyms for the most part.

2) Your I-485 is processed at your local DO. Documents sent to the Chicago Lock Box are rerouted to a lot of other places for processing. The Lock Box does not represent any specific DO.

EAD approved

Hi everyone, my ead was approved, thanks for all of the posting and help, good luck to the rest of you.

DO: NY
H1B married to USC(GC holder until march 06) (5years in October..)
AOS package sent to chicago lockbox 03/17/06
RD 3/19/06
ND 3/23/06
FP/BIO ND 3/24/06
FP/BIO CODE 3 DONE 4/7/06
LUD I485 4/10/06
LUD I130 5/6/06
LUD I765 5/30/06
EAD approved 5/25/06
INTERVIEW 7/17/06

Tig3

Don't know if this really helps or not, but I was at one point applying for EADs every 6 months. Oh the joys - I had to get fingerprinted EVERY time too!!!. (We just applied for green cards in March which is why I hope this is my last EAD ever!) Anyway I had to send supporting documentation (I was on a J-2 visa) and every time I'd send it in when I applied and *every single time* they'd lose it. I'd have to wait for the RFE then send it in. My EAD processing time was only on hold from the time they sent me the RFE until the time they got said evidence back. So if it took me say 8 days to get it back to them then my application would be 90days + the 8 days.
And I'd get the EAD around about the deadline every time.

Hope that might help a little.

Thanks juno

juno said:
Hi tig3,
My RFE was similar that I cannot apply for i-EAD till the USCIS receives reply for the RFE.
My DO is washington,D.C
I read in some other post that somone replied to the RFE which delayed the RFE for only a few days and not 90 days.The only thing I could do was send in the reply ASAP.Hope this helps.
juno

Thanks for your reply.