EAD Timeline: Updated

where is my ead processed?

Hi everyone,

probably a silly question where is my I765 being processed?

My district office is Washington DC. But my application numbers are MSC.

Where on the USCIS site should I be checking for processing dates..

I'm quite confused.

My nd date is the 4 april 06.
LUD was 5/18/06

Had about 3 maybe 4 updates....

Any help greatly appreciated.

That's why this forum is called National Benefits Center: all c9 category EADs (like yours) are being processed by the NBC. :)

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
You can check for processing dates there, but especially the DO ones are not too reliable, I think.
For I-485 check your DO
For I-765 check NBC

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Hi Patty,

Thanks for that!!! I really appreciate that!!
Are the dates accurate? It seems like I'm gonna have to wait an age. :(
I hope we are both lucky.

Patty did you get a message saying that your I485 prelim processing is complete yet?

Regards

Lil Brit

You're very welcome. :)
I don't think the dates are accurate. I compared a couple of approval dates of several DOs from people here with the dates online, and a lot of them were way faster than it says online right now. I don't know why that is, but I hope the dates really are inaccurate because for Denver it says: Processing September 2005 right now!

I got a message saying that they received my RFE, and in the same message it says that preliminary processing was complete.
Did you get a separate message about your processing being complete?

no

No Patty,

it was all in one email. This is good, at least you know your FBI background is fine. Your next step is to wait for GC interview or maybe str8 GC if your case is str8 fwd.

You never know....

I hope you get EAD soon. Im going crazy checking like 3-4 times a day. While my wife is at wrk.lol.

Thanks

Hi there Ari4u.

Can you add me to your timeline please.

little_britain

(c 9) I765 nd 4/5/06

Lots of updates no EAD yet.

Thanks I love you threads, posts. You are very resourceful!!

Last edited by a moderator:
little_britain, you should edit your last post so that you do not quote the entire EAD table. I think ari4u updates the table periodically. Last update appears to be 5/21.

little_britain said:
God I need that EAD I need to get out of this house.lol
I feel the same way. I hate the uncertainty in not knowing when I will be able to start my new job. At least I am lucky because the company does not mind waiting. Still wish the process would be faster.

Hey, if the recent EAD approvals here are any indication of things to come, then you could have your approval in just a couple of weeks.

Personally, I don't think the approval dates are an indication of anything.
It seems like USCIS has no schedule or working order. They must do things randomly. I though I would be first come first serve but apparently that's not the case. There are people with later NDs than mine that already have interveiw dates scheduled and EADs long approved, so go figure!

I also have a job waiting. INS told me I could work during processing if the company allows me to. Quite the catch since they preferred I wait. I am hoping to find someone who will let me work before I get it. We'll see.

I was lucky with my job. I started looking right after the BIO and got an offer like a week after it. I took it thinking I should receive the EAD shortly. But that wasn't the case. I was sweating because I did not explain to the employer what was going on. But for some reason all they asked for was my driver license and social security card which I've had for a long time.
Technically we shouldn't be working without the permit but when I spoke with an attorney she explained that since I will get the permit anyways and it's just a beaurocratic delay of 90 days than it is not a crime to start working.

EAD timing

My rec date is 4/19/2006 for I485, I765, I131 and I130
ND is 4/26/2006...
I am done with bio metric and FP on 5/11/2006.
Now waiting for EAD....
No RFE...

Yes I do. It states "valid for employment with INS authorization only".
But the employer didn't look at it. Just copied the card and the driver license. Funny, because my SS card is under my maiden name and I'm using my husband's name now so I had to bring the marriage certificate. So I was lucky they didn't question me :)

I just got a job. I found a company that would let me start working while my EAD is still being processed. They were really nice about it too. Yaaaay. I start Monday. This rocks!!!

Congrats chokolat!

I'm still waiting for my EAD and it's been like 80 days now. No updates lately so I'm not very optimistic. And the interview notice has not come yet so the whole wait just drives me nuts!

Damn that is a long wait. I am hoping having a job will make the waiting a little more bearable. I have not received an interview notice either. I dunno how fast they come so I dunno when to worry. My LUD for I-485 is 5/18, for I-130 is 5/02 and for I-765 is 5/23. Hope they change soon. At least you are working...lucky for you. 11 more days before you can get your iEAD. I hope I don't have to wait that long.

Hey I just noticed your timeline says RD for I-754. hehehe

Hey, thanks for ponting that out! I'll change it :)

I was thinking about the iEAD and is it possible to schedule the INFOPASS appointment earlier than after 90 days - like after 85 - so I don't have to wait that long? What are the waiting times for INFOPASS - does anyone know?