EAD Timeline: Updated

tig3 said:
I noticed on this forum that many applicants are getting the interview dates before they get their EAD approvals. Pardon my ignorance, but what does that mean?

This means the DOs are getting faster.

Hm, wouldn't you know it, my mom got her EAD approved yesterday.
She received an email today. Her case is exactly the same as mine - marriage to USC. And her ND is 17 days later than mine. It is April 3rd.
Now I'm totally confused... what is going on??? :confused:

EAD approved

whew... finally I got email today that my EAD is approved and the card was ordered . For those of you who had RFEs.. hang in there...there is hope..little_britain, patti.. I think you will be getting yours pretty soon too since we have similar times. Note that the total days taken is 85days...

RD 03/15/06
ND 03/21/06
RFE sent 05/03/06
RFE received 05/12/06
Reply recv date 05/18/06
AP Approved e-mail 06/07/06
EAD Aprroved e-mail - 06/09/06 - 85 days roughly

linusj

Congrats linusj! I guess even with RFE you can get it within the 90 day period..
I had no RFE and I'm still waiting - 85 days and counting...

Congratulations LinusJ!! :) Yeah I hope that I will get some good news soon myself. Did you notice any LUD before it got approved? Just wondering.
Also: Do you still wanna do the EAD/RFE timeline thread? I would help you, just not sure if I know how to edit tables and all that. :)

Venus, it sucks that you have to wait even though you didn't get an RFE. In a couple days you will be able to get an iEAD though. Have you scheduled an Infopass appointment yet?

Yes I did, but the only available date was June 21, which is day 96 for me. But that's alright. I have a job now anyways. I'm just worried that it's taking so long because other people are getting interview letters already and I still didn't get anything. And my last update is 6 weeks ago! I have a feeling something is not right here. Maybe they lost my case or the background check is delayed... I don't know what to think.

Yeah, I understand your worries. But you have your appointment soon, so you can ask them about your case too. If there is something wrong, you will find out soon enough and they can do something about it.
Don't worry, you'll be fine. :)

Thanks for the good word.
I'm worried because I browse the forum and read horror stories like people waiting for years because USCIS lost the papers or FBI took forever with the background check etc. And my case even though it should be straightforward is not because of the lawyer who messed it up for us.

I have a question for people that was able to get a job without their EAD- what did you use as a form of ID? I guess you have your SSN already

I came on B1 and don't have any form of ID except my passport

I am really curious because if that is possible I will like to start working too :D

Is the thread for REF & EAD up yet?

Patty, are you planing to make infopass for iEAD, I thought the REF letter said we might not be able to qualifyt for iEAD untill 90day after the letter. pls keep me updated if you did it.

Praying for the EAD this week

Cheers

Hi Linusj,

Little Britain here, thanks for your kind words. I hope you are right me and Patty are close. I reckon we will both get EAD soon. I reckon we will get the email within the next 2 weeks.

This forum is very useful, I know alot of its readers do submit posts. Please do. Any experience is helpful as we are all in the same boat.

Timeline below:

Sent to Chicago lockbox
Then onto MSC
Day 01 Recv date 31st march 06
ND 5th april 06
Biometrics 4/19/06
RFE (1-485) letter dated 5/10/06 (I693 required)
RFE arrives at USCIS/NBC 5/25/06
RFE (I485) received (processed) by USCIS 5/26/06
LUD I-765 5/18/06 - no status yet
LUD I-485 6/03/06 – informed that I’m now waiting to receive their decision in the mail.
LUD I-130 5/18/06 – no status yet
Day 063 Infopass - 31st May 06 (Informed FBI background check fine!!)

Day 091 Thursday 29th June (D-Day)

justnew said:
I have a question for people that was able to get a job without their EAD- what did you use as a form of ID? I guess you have your SSN already
No work authorization = you cannot work. Unless you want to work illegally amd get yourself in trouble

I came on B1 and don't have any form of ID except my passport

I am really curious because if that is possible I will like to start working too :D
Thats what the illegal immigrants do, the difference is, you entered US using a visa and they didn't

Is the thread for REF & EAD up yet?

Patty, are you planing to make infopass for iEAD, I thought the REF letter said we might not be able to qualifyt for iEAD untill 90day after the letter. pls keep me updated if you did it.

Cheers

Actually an immigration officer at my local DO told me that if the employer lets you work while you are in processing, you can go ahead and do it. Just to show them the forms received in conjuction to the EAD. Like the notice of action and the biometrics one. Some might let you and others might prefer you wait. And obviously SSN.

justnew said:

Cheers
I haven't made an appointment yet, I'm kinda waiting for my real EAD still.
Also, I'm pretty sure that I won't get an iEAD anyway.
On the other hand, why not try? I will let you know when I've made an appointment.

Ari is right, you should not work right now. I know how frustrated you are about not working, I'm becoming more impatient every day myself. But if they find out, you could get in trouble.

Ari, could you explain to me quick how to update the old EAD/RFE Timeline thread? Or how to create tables?
I would like to help LinusJ and all the other RFE candidates to keep that thread going.

I am not planing to work illegally but I am just curious how they could get a job using the letters from the USCIS. I believe one need an ID & SSN to be able to work.

I am planing to work at a bank and have gone to talk to them already and the lady assured me once I have my authorization to work and SSN that they will be willing to employ me since I am in a field that is in high demand in the industry.

cheers

Justnew - to answer you question - indeed you need a SSN and some form of ID to start a job.
I have had my driver license and SSN for a while now. I got it when I was here on a J-1 visa as a summer exchange student a couple years ago. So that was not an issue for me. I started a job an everything is credited to my SS account. I just need the physical EAD and of course an interview date...

Last edited by a moderator:
Initial Interview letter received, but still no EDA

Hi, everyone,
I received the interview appointment letter on Jun 9th, but I'm still waiting for the EDA desperately :mad: , So does it mean that I should receive EDA soon? The wired thing is, when I check my status on the website, it shows the LUD for my applications are May 24th., as if they haven’t touched my cases for a while.

This might be a stupid question, but I really got confused….I’m in CT now, and I submitted the application package including I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 to Chicago, then the interview appointment letter was sent out from NBC, and the interview location will be in Hartford, CT. So where the hell my applications are processed, is there any clue to know ? Should I call Hartford office if I want to check the applications status?

F-1 married to USC
RD: 4/13/06: I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131
ND: 4/18/06
FP: 5/09/06
Initial Interview Date: 8/11/06
LUD: 5/17/06: I-485
LUD: 5/24/06: I-130, I-765, I-131
Still waiting for EDA…… :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Iead!!!!

Hi everyone!

Today (june 13th) I had an appointment for my IEAD. My notice date was march 15 2006. So i assumed i should get it, without any question. However, the officer told me that they don't have my FP result yet. Also she said that i should count 90 days from my FP date not original ND. I would like to now if anyone have similar case like mine.

I also called the 1 800 number to verify thatI counted right. They verified me that it is from ND not FP date. However, they also told me the final decision is up to the officer.

Should I get another appointment, and try my chance again or it is best to wait until my interview date and ask to the interviewer(june 21st)?

Should i show my job offer to get IEAD?

I am worry that my FP or name check wont be ready by my interview date so i wont have anything in my hand. my job starts on july 10th.

P.s. For anybody who is waiting for EAD from San Jose. They told me that they are working on the applications received on march 9th as of today.(June 13th) I hope this means that i should get it soon. :rolleyes:

F1 married to USC
DO San Jose,CA
RD 3/10/06: I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131
ND 3/15/06: as above
FP 4/11/06: I-485, I-765
e-mail approval 5/13/06 : 1-131 (but haven't received the notice) :confused:
LUD 5/22/06: I-130, 1-131
LUD 5/22/06: I-485, I-765
Initial Interview Date: 6/21/06 :)

I had an InfoPass appointment on Monday to ask about my RFE and I also asked if I could get an iEAD on the 91st day. The officer told me that it is 90 days after the last action they took on my application. I have a LUD of 5/30 for my EAD, so she told me I could not get an iEAD until the end of August! Just shows how different officers have different interpretations of the rules. I would try again, if you think you can get another officer.

sorry

hi Swede,

Little Britain here,

Bad luck with the RFE. However I would go back to the DO on your 91st day.
From my own experience I was informed by an immigration officer to come back day 91. In 2weeks. for an IEAD. I didnt argue. I think it depends.... on the officer. Which is a nitemare. I hope 2 get the same one as before.

Definitely go back there (it cant hurt) You watching the world cup :D

Anyway hang in there.

Sent to Chicago lockbox
Then onto MSC
Day 01 Recv date 31st march 06
ND 5th april 06
Biometrics 4/19/06
RFE (1-485) letter dated 5/10/06 (I693 required)
RFE arrives at USCIS/NBC 5/25/06
RFE (I485) received (processed) by USCIS 5/26/06
LUD I-765 5/18/06 - no status yet
LUD I-485 6/03/06 – informed that I’m now waiting to receive their decision in the mail.
LUD I-130 5/18/06 – no status yet
Day 063 Infopass - 31st May 06 (Informed FBI background check fine!!)

Day 091 Thursday 29th June