EAD Timeline: Updated

Updates

Update - Guesss something is happening !!!

Work on my case resumed, message updated only for I-485 on 09/20/2005, no change in I765

My Timeline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Time Line: (Wife - PR)
Chicago Lockbox
I-130 - PD - 06/05/2001
I-485/765 - Receipt Date: 08-15-2005
I-485/765 - Notice Date: 08-18-2005
Finger Print & Biometrics Date : 09/10/2005
EAD received: WAITING !!!
LUD - 08-21-2005, 09-06-2005, 09-10-2005,
FP&Bio recvd. by USCIS and resumption of processing: 09/19/2005
(Work on my case resumed, message updated only for I-485 on 09/20/2005, no change in I765)

Will keep you guys posted as and when updates come in.

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, when I did not hear from CRIS, everyone's new best friend, and found that NBC is now processing 21st of July applications, I made an infopass appointment (KC) today. My appointment was at 9:30 AM, I went in early and they saw me at 9:15!!The lady said that there were no denials, RFE's associated with any of my cases, but looked at my I-765 application and laughed.

Apparently, they have mistyped my address. Here is what they actually did based on a fictitious address. Instead of writing 115, Turner Street, they wrote 115, 7 Urner Street mistaking my capital and very clearly printed "T" for the number 7. So, she speculated that it might be causing the problems, and asked me to change the address at the hotline. However currently call volumes are very high. Hopefully, I'll make the change and there is nothing else wrong with the application.

For others who plan to go to their own district office, I have found that the better you conduct yourself, the better you are treated. Speak clearly, and be very polite (sorrys. thankyous, I beg your pardons, excuse mes) which I found a lot of people neglect. (One guy of the same nationality as me, simply said `oh' with an "oops" expression when they told him about a mistake that he had made. Manners are very important, and I have found that most immigration officials are most willing to help out, if you treat them nicely. And I also found most people visiting the DO are not very polite. (Endless people watching at 2 different centers).This is not because of lack of manners, but because they are nervous and want to take as little of the officer's time as possible. Even if the please, and good mornings take a few more seconds, it is worth it. I know you are frustrated, I know you are upset, but personal experience is that the nicer you are, the nicer they are.

For those of you who plan to get an interim, my DO said it is 90 days after the receipt date and not the notice date.

For Ari, no duplicate receipts are issued unless the old ones are returned in the mail. Mine were not. I would also recommend that you check all your addresses (all petitions) thoroughly, to make sure they have not done a typo.

sameergupta said:
Update - Guesss something is happening !!!

Work on my case resumed, message updated only for I-485 on 09/20/2005, no change in I765

My Timeline

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Time Line: (Wife - PR)
Chicago Lockbox
I-130 - PD - 06/05/2001
I-485/765 - Receipt Date: 08-15-2005
I-485/765 - Notice Date: 08-18-2005
Finger Print & Biometrics Date : 09/10/2005
EAD received: WAITING !!!
LUD - 08-21-2005, 09-06-2005, 09-10-2005,
FP&Bio recvd. by USCIS and resumption of processing: 09/19/2005
(Work on my case resumed, message updated only for I-485 on 09/20/2005, no change in I765)

Will keep you guys posted as and when updates come in.

Sam

Sameer, did your LUD actually change thrice for your 765 or was it for the 485? Also, how did you know when the USCIS received the FP&BIO for the EAD app, is there a number you called?

Thanks,
akssriva

akssriva said:
Sameer, did your LUD actually change thrice for your 765 or was it for the 485? Also, how did you know when the USCIS received the FP&BIO for the EAD app, is there a number you called?

Thanks,
akssriva

Akssriva,

My apps LUD changed:

I-765 - 3 times (08-21-2005, 09-06-2005, 09-10-2005) and
I-485 - 4 times(08-21-2005, 09-06-2005, 09-10-2005, and 09-20-2005) but this time (09-20-2005) there was no change in the LUD for I 765 and no change in the message.

For I 485 the message says -

"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 19, 2005, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

Let me know if you have any updates.

Sameer

Ari, sorry dude (? I don't know if you are male or female). I feel your pain. I hope you get an approval this week if not the actual card in the mail. Good luck.

I received my EAD card yesterday (9/20/05), after getting an online update that they sent the approval notice (EAD card) on 9/19/05.

Now, onto waiting for the AOS interview.

RD : 07/14/05
ND : 07/22/05
FP : 08/05/05
EAD approved: 09/15/05
EAD card mailed: 09/19/05
EAD card received: 09/20/05
---------
Los Angeles DO/ CA Service Ctr.

Ari4u

Thanks for tracking all the cases. It's been a great help.

USCIS received the RFE today-09/22/2005. Can you please update the table

afterblues said:
Ari, sorry dude (? I don't know if you are male or female). I feel your pain. I hope you get an approval this week if not the actual card in the mail. Good luck.

Its Mr. Ari :)

Well, its one of those days for me where nothing seems to be going right no matter what i do. Some things are beyond control so i probably should just suck up and wait for 90 days to elapse. I can clearly see myself marching to the DO to get my iEAD.

I confirmed my address all the times i have called the CS and they have it correct. So i dont have a clue as to what the hold up is. As for your receipt, a friend of mine was in the same situation like you. He did not get a receipt for his I-485. He went to the DO and asked for a duplicate receipt and upon verification of his credentials, he was issued one right away. Good Luck to all those still waiting....

Ead Timeline

9/21/05 Sent I-485 packaged with I-765 based on c 09 to lockbox.
9/22/05 Received by INS (Not sure if this is when to start counting the 90 days, or is it from the day the Receipt Notice was sent?)

Hope to see checks cashed and Receipt Notice being mailed soon.
How long between application being signed for by INS to Receipt Notice sent by them?

Thanks alot for tracking this....!!!

At last!!!

:D
ari4u said:
Its Mr. Ari :)

Well, its one of those days for me where nothing seems to be going right no matter what i do. Some things are beyond control so i probably should just suck up and wait for 90 days to elapse. I can clearly see myself marching to the DO to get my iEAD.

I confirmed my address all the times i have called the CS and they have it correct. So i dont have a clue as to what the hold up is. As for your receipt, a friend of mine was in the same situation like you. He did not get a receipt for his I-485. He went to the DO and asked for a duplicate receipt and upon verification of his credentials, he was issued one right away. Good Luck to all those still waiting....

Ari and others in our boat,

At last I got my iEAD by walk-in in NYC DO office! I spent the whole day and only at 5 pm they called my name and gave me a card that looks like a fake one. It is temporary for 8 months only. My 90 day period will only be at the end of next week. If you have an offer letter, you don't have to wait all 90 days to go to DO.

Ari, please don't update the table yet. I want to see how long it will take them to send me a REAL card.

Thanks to all and good luck!

Chigapo said:

At last I got my iEAD by walk-in in NYC DO office! I spent the whole day and only at 5 pm they called my name and gave me a card that looks like a fake one. It is temporary for 8 months only. My 90 day period will only be at the end of next week. If you have an offer letter, you don't have to wait all 90 days to go to DO.

Ari, please don't update the table yet. I want to see how long it will take them to send me a REAL card.

Congrats. I am thinking of getting an iEAD, though the new employer is filing for transfer of H1.

Vikas

My EAD renewal timeline

E-Filed EAD renewal based on pending I-130 and I-485
EAD renewal
Receipt Date: 8/22/05
Notice Date: 8/22/05
I didn't receive any notice of action for fingerprint in a month, so on Sep. 20, 2005 I called national service center and scheduled the fingerprint appointment
FP App Date: 10/18/05 (New Rochelle)
New York District Office

A big company is interested in hiring me but they cannot give me any offer because my EAD expired and the renewed one is not approved yet. I am wondering if I can make an appointment to get interim EAD from New York District office.

Simpleseason said:
E-Filed EAD renewal based on pending I-130 and I-485
EAD renewal
Receipt Date: 8/22/05
Notice Date: 8/22/05
I didn't receive any notice of action for fingerprint in a month, so on Sep. 20, 2005 I called national service center and scheduled the fingerprint appointment
FP App Date: 10/18/05 (New Rochelle)
New York District Office

A big company is interested in hiring me but they cannot give me any offer because my EAD expired and the renewed one is not approved yet. I am wondering if I can make an appointment to get interim EAD from New York District office.

The similar story happened to me - I've got an offer letter, and thought the card would arrive before I begin my work, but it didn't. Then I went to a Federal Plaza in NYC and requested an iEAD. They wanted to see an offer letter, only then they issued the interim card. I think you should get a letter from the company. Offer has nothing to do with the card. If they want you, they have to put it on paper, then things will get easier for you. Good luck!

Chigapo said:

Congrats. I updated the table with your iEAD info. Let me know when you get the real one so i can update the table again.

Thank you Chigapo

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Even though you have waited longer for your EAD, I can definitely try to get an offer letter first and then go to New York District office to try my luck.

I got a message from USCIS mentioning that my I-765 and I-131 was approved today. Good luck to all!! --kilonzi

How do you find out about the Notice Date?

How do you guys first find out about the Notice Date?
Do you first receive the Receipt Notice in the mail, or do the checks get cashed, or can you see it online?

THANKS!