EAD Timeline: Updated

Have some patience

You have filed for EAD 63 days back. As far as I know nobody in this forum has received EAD in 63 days. Generally its about 75-90 days.
Have some patience.

camster said:
i haven't received my EAD yet and im wondering if i will ever receive it

I just got a bunch of e-mails stating my EAD has been approved! So for sure I would recommend people making InfoPass appt. still after their 90 days are up. I went in on Halloween and got approved within a week.

EAD timeline

Indian married to USC
I-130/131/485/765 sent to Chicago lockbox on 10/3/06
RD: 10/4/06
Checks cashed: 10/11/06
FP notice received: 10/16/06
FP completed: 10/23/06
Last update dates: 131/485/765 (10/20/06); 130 (10/16/06)
I need to travel later this month, if possible - any ideas on how the 131 could be expedited? And I guess my EAD will not appear before mid-December :(

I have found these forums to be very useful - thank you all...

I received my EAD today in the mail, with no issues, 2 weeks since my InfoPass appt.

I also received an e-mail today saying that an Approval Notice had been mailed for my EAD. What the heck is that?

Hi guys, I'm also going to post my EAD timeline so far:
I received the ND for my EAD on 10/19, we have had a RFE for the pending 485 which was completed on 11/02.
I've had my fingerprints taken for the EAD on 11/03 and haven't heard anything from USCIS about it at all. My 485 has been received at the local office and I'm starting to think that I'll be approved for the GC before I get the EAD.

EAD expedite?

My timeline appears below ... my 6-year H1 will run out at the end of this month and I'm wondering if there is any way to expedite my EAD approval. Does anyone have any experience scheduling an infopass appointment and trying to expedite the EAD?

Appreciate any help I can get! Thanks!

You can't expedite the EAD. But after 90 days have passed since you sent in the application (if you received and RFE, it's 90 days after they received your RFE) you can make an InfoPass for your EAD. Since you were supposed to get your EAD within 90 days they will put a push on it. I did this and my EAD was approved exactly one week later. That's the best you'll be able to do.

Case number: MCO?

Hi everyone,

What does it mean when the case numebr starts with MCO ? Using this case number I can't seem to track my case online. Should I use MSC instead?

Thanks.

ead time line

Hi ari4u, first of all u are doing great job by maintaining this post it is the most helpfull thread I had found for EAD applicants here are my details for expereince with National befit center :
E filed application :Sep 22,2006.
Biometrics notice reived on Oct 10,2006.
Biometrics done : Oct,18,2006.

Nothing after that status says case pending, will update you when my case is approved.

EAD_issues said:
Hi ari4u, first of all u are doing great job by maintaining this post it is the most helpfull thread I had found for EAD applicants here are my details for expereince with National befit center :
E filed application :Sep 22,2006.
Biometrics notice reived on Oct 10,2006.
Biometrics done : Oct,18,2006.

Nothing after that status says case pending, will update you when my case is approved.

Hey EAD_issues i m in the same boat. it just says the same thing :(

ETA: I just received my approval notice this afternoon!! :) My EAD was inside. i thought it was junk mail at first because the envelope did not say immigration but PO BOX 648005. it took around 2 months since i filed my AOS. Finally but no interview date as of yet but at least i can work with the EAD :D

Last edited by a moderator:
got my EAD time line as follows

Hi got my EAD time line as follows:
Applied (E filed);Sep 22 ,2006.
Got recipt notice ;Oct 01,2006.
Got finger print appointment :Oct 16,2006.
Got E mail case approved: Dec 8,2006.
Got actual EAD in mail : Dec,18,2006.

I got a LUD on my I-765 today.

I really hope that means something, I had my interview on 12/05 and the agent didn't say if I was approved or not, just that they were still waiting for my name check.

At the begining of the year I got an infopass appt. since my process time was out of date for EAD. When I went to the DO here in Columbus, OH. All I got was a "sorry, we don't issue interim EADs anymore". (?!)

Any information on that?

As you can see, they took their sweet time for my FP/Bio too.

villalobos said:
I got a LUD on my I-765 today.

I really hope that means something, I had my interview on 12/05 and the agent didn't say if I was approved or not, just that they were still waiting for my name check.

At the begining of the year I got an infopass appt. since my process time was out of date for EAD. When I went to the DO here in Columbus, OH. All I got was a "sorry, we don't issue interim EADs anymore". (?!)

Any information on that?

As you can see, they took their sweet time for my FP/Bio too.

From your timeline, I see you didn't receive a fingerprint notice until after your interview. This is probably why you didn't receive the EAD and also why you are suck in namecheck. The FP/Bio have to be completed before you receive an EAD.

My timeline

i1485 filed (marriage to USC) Nov 23rd 2005
i485 interview May 5th 2006
nothing since! Final decision pending apparently..

Second EAD/i765

First notice of action Nov 8th 2006
Biometrics Dec 15th 2006
Approval e-mail Jan 26th 2007
Card arrived Jan 31st 2007

My timeline
ND: 12/18/06
FP/Bio: 1/10/2007 (Day 23)
AOS Interview Date: 3/19/2007 (Day 91)
EAD: ??? (Today is Day 79)

I wonder when and if I am going to receive my EAD. If I get approved at AOS interview, does it mean I would not need EAD anymore? I assume GC-holder can work with no a EAD. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
wait for EAD or get new H1B

I'm waiting for my application to be processed, but have just been offered a new job which I want to start asap. I'm on an H1B but would have to get a new H1B for the new job. Should I file the H1B or will my EAD come sooner?

ND 26 Feb 2007
Biometrics 27 March 2007
Got interview appointment for 3 May 2007.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rogio52

ps What is LUD:)

How long it takes to get EAD renewal? Any ideas? Mine expires on June 26, application to renew send on May 14th.

Did my fingerprinting on Jan 21, 2009. They received my application packet on Dec 19, 2008 and the Notice of action was dated Dec. 26, 2009.

Got RFE and they received that on Mar 18, 2009. As of right now, still haven't received EAD...I went to an InfoPass office and they told me that they just started working on my case again on June 15 2009 and that they assigned me another alien registration number...first A# had 9 digits and new one has 8 digits....

Still waiting for notice for an interview as well.... do you have any idea how long my case will be? I need to work bad...

And I need to get a driver's license since my old one got stolen and as of now, I don't have any proof that my stay here is legal...my I-20 expired last June 20 2009