EAD timeline for EB2

brargc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a pharmacist and my employer is willing to apply for GC in EB2 category. I am born in the UK. Could someone please tell how long it takes for the whole process or till I get the EAD. Also, would my husband also get at the same time or there is time gap as he cannot work till then.

Thanks for your anticipated replies.

Hi,

I am a pharmacist and my employer is willing to apply for GC in EB2 category. I am born in the UK. Could someone please tell how long it takes for the whole process or till I get the EAD. Also, would my husband also get at the same time or there is time gap as he cannot work till then.

Thanks for your anticipated replies.

Very variable from 2 months up to decades. If every thing is OK and the I485 (step 2) application received, the EAD usually approved within 90 days. obviously, few cases approved in few weeks and others stuck pending forever.

USCIS has a mandate to produce the EAD within 90 days after filing form I-765 (form I-485 must be filed at the same time or before), provided that you are eligible for it and have properly filed for it. If after 90 days they still have not produced the EAD, you have the right to request it to be expedited.

For your green card, given that you are in EB2 ROW I would say 1 or 2 years is a reasonable estimate. However, if you're very lucky it could take 3 months, or if you're very unlucky it could take more than 3 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your husband files AOS/EAD along with yours, there shouldn't be much of a gap between your EAD approvals, more often than not.

2-year is a reasonable estimate for EB2-ROW (rest of world), as suggested by the post above.

hi brargc,
I have a question for you,
I have a masters degree and my employer (Walgreens) refuses to apply for me in Eb2 category, is it possible if I found a job at a hospital, I might be eligible for eb2?