EAD Timeline After RFE - continued

Congratulations

Congratulations DJ36, great news!!!!
I guess Indone was right about the NBC site Processing dates, indone said:
"Add 18 days(for EAD, AP) to the processing daye on the NBC site and you should get an idea of which applications were being processed"
So Indone was right about mine interview date, indone said " add 95(+) days to ND"

So all I have to do now is wait for update on NBC website.

Thanks!
Yes, they are moving a bit. slowly, but at least there is some progress.
Now let's see how long for the SSN. :p

dj36 said:
Thanks!
Yes, they are moving a bit. slowly, but at least there is some progress.
Now let's see how long for the SSN. :p
I guess vacation time does not help.
The sooner you apply for SSN the better. Of course when you get you get your card, which I believe you should be getting this week. :)

Someitguy, you made my bet!!!!

I got changes on all applications I-130, I-485, i-765 yesterday 08/09.
Someitguy, looks like you were right. You predicted that I should be getting approval on 8/10. You are good at it. :) :) :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Lud

It has been 5 days since my last update 8/9 on all my applications, makes me wonder, how come I have not received e-mail yet :confused: :(

Don't sweat the email, just keep an eye out for a plain white envelope with the card :)

Check your mail carefully before considering it junkmail, and be sure you have your
name on the mailbox !

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratualtions to dj36

Taking Patty's indirect advice, I postponed my info pass from Aug 7th to Aug 16th. After all, it is too early for me to even get the iEAD.

I haven't received any news since the interview letter and I guess there is only one thing that I can do: wait patiently.

Aaah!

So we got the EAD card in the mail today, but they put the wrong date of birth. And we can't apply for the SSN with the mistake, so we've scheduled an INFOPASS. Will we have to wait again for the new card? :(

ugh, just when we thought things were finally picking up, way to slow everything down. :mad:

dj36

I think you will get a new iEAD card at infopass, I don't see why you would wait for it again. :)

Thanks for the encouragement, blondy...but I'm still not sure. I just got off the phone with NBC, they told me that I would have to reapply...? Anybody else have any thoughts or has been through this?

DJ -

You absolutely do not have to reapply ! They made a mistake, a typo, whatever. However - you only have two weeks to wait until your interview. After you are approved, they will take your EAD anyway. My amateur advise would be not to sweat it and address it at the interview. If you do want it on record, which is not a bad idea, then you need to talk to someone OTHER than the people who initially answer the phone at the NSC. You need to tell them there is an error which needs to be corrected and you need to speak to an Immigration Officer. They will <must> transfer you UP the chain :)

Believe me, these people who answer the phones know next to nothing about the immigration laws and procedures. You probably would have gotten 5 different responses if you'd called back 5 times :mad: You're close.. that's more than most ! Make a report of the error and address it at interview. That's my humble advise, good luck !

Thanks guys, We wouldn't have had a problem with it. But they wouldnt let us apply for the SSN because of the mistake, that's where we got stuck...oh well. Hopefully it all gets fixed at the interview. :eek:

just keep swimming, just keep swimming :p

Remember: 8-28: Interview 11:30
:)

Good luck !

Just checked mail, nothing. I hope to get it by thursday, they have great job fair here, but they ask for work permit :( .

Correct Me If

hello all,
Correct me if I am wrong on the green card thing.
My understanding is that even though we have our GC approved on the interview day we still need to get the EAD and then use EAD to apply for the SSN. Without EAD or SSN, we still can not work. Correct??? :confused:

If you get the passport stamp, then go for your SS card and get to work, your a resident :)

You don't need EAD once your CPR or PR is approved.