EAD Timeline After RFE - continued

W2s

确认一下,我的理解是这样的,

美国公民,如2005年在海外就职,非美国公司,那么他就不可能从美国税务部门拿到Ws?
But, since he filed to the U.S. government, we do have the tax return firms(many many pages downloaded from the internet) of 2005. When talking about the tax return firms, is it okay to download it from the internet or you have to have a formal copy of it?
Thanks~

Last edited by a moderator:
Update with An Interview Letter

Just now, I went downstairs to check the mail. There are three letters in it. One of them is the letter from USCIS. Then, I opened it and found this Request for Applicatnt to Appear for Initial Interview. Is it the commonly discussed" Interview Letter"? Why there is INITIAL on it? Will I have to have more than one interview? Anyways, having news is better than no news at all. Cheers.

Congratulations, that's your interview letter!! So fast!
Yeah, they call it initial. If your marriage is legit (which it surely is - you've been married for 5 years!!) then it will be your only interview. :)

Cool Xiao..... that's the interview letter. In your case it'll probably be initial & final...

What's your DO?
Edit: Nevermind, I just saw you live in OR. It's probably Portland.

Thanks Guys

To Patty and Sarrebal:Thank You! :)

The interveiw is here in Portland. It's good that we are living in Portland.

I have a question on whether my case has been approved or not? Will I get another letters stating: Your case has been approved? Or something like that?

I am wonderfing when will be the good time for me to get an info pass to try to ask for my iEAD. Will EAD be given by the local office or the USCIS? (I noticed that many people have their EAD and their interview letter on the same day or two days later than their interview letter. While, some of the cases seem take much longer than that. I Wonder)

Last edited by a moderator:
XiaopingZer said:
To Patty and Sarrebal:Thank You! :)

The interveiw is here in Portland. It's good that we are living in Portland.

I have a question on whether my case has been approved or not? Will I get another letters stating: Your case has been approved? Or something like that?

I am wonderfing when will be the good time for me to get an info pass to try to ask for my iEAD. Will EAD be given by the local office or the USCIS? (I noticed that many people have their EAD and their interview letter on the same day or two days later than their interview letter. While, some of the cases seem take much longer than that. I Wonder)

Hi Xiao,
Great news with your interview letter. I also have interview on the same day as you do. :)
I hope you are right regarding EAD, that we will get our EAD this week. Everytime, I got to mailbox and I don't see anything from USCIS I get frustrated :( . I am planning on scheduling info pass for monday to ask for IEAD. Some people wait till 90 days from ND to ask for IEAD, but who knows you can get lucky and get it before 90 days

blondy said:
Hi Xiao,
Great news with your interview letter. I also have interview on the same day as you do. :)
I hope you are right regarding EAD, that we will get our EAD this week. Everytime, I got to mailbox and I don't see anything from USCIS I get frustrated :( . I am planning on scheduling info pass for monday to ask for IEAD. Some people wait till 90 days from ND to ask for IEAD, but who knows you can get lucky and get it before 90 days

I think it's 90 days after RFE is received.

Good Luck on Your Monday Info Pass Trip

To Blondy~
Congrats on your interview letter too! The closest date for my info pass will be 8th August. Therefore, I have to wait a while.
Best wishes to your appointment on this coming Monday!

I would wait until 90 days after the original ND. Before that no-one is eligible for iEAD.
Don't forget that actually, as Sarrebal said, people with RFE are only eligible for iEAD 90 days after they received your RFE. But apparently, not all Infopass officers know that because I got my iEAD after 91 days after my original ND.
Just don't mention your RFE and tell them that you've waited for your EAD for over 90 days.
If you are lucky you will get an iEAD.
Good luck! :)

Thanks Sarreba and Patty

Thanks for the reminder. I booked the info pass for Aug.8 to both ask abt the iEAD and preparation of the interview.
For me, even Aug.8 is still too early to ask for the iEAD.(67 days if RD Jun02; 60days if NDJun09). So, counting from the REF RD(July7), by Aug 8, it will be just 30 days orso.
Therefore, I am not going to be too keen on the waiting but to enjoy my leftover vocation doing something that I will not have time to do later when I finally get the EAD and work. Right? Best wishes for Patty to have your S.S.N and job hunting; Also, Sarreba too, have a smooth application!

No change so far

The wait is getting really frustrating..I am thinking right now that I might be one of this people who won't get EAD about 1 month after RFE :(
At least I got my interview letter :cool:

Ah, thank you :)

We're keeping the appointment just incase the AP's not here by that date.
Maybe the office will sneak us in for the interview early? Man, one could only hope lol.

blondy said:
The wait is getting really frustrating..I am thinking right now that I might be one of this people who won't get EAD about 1 month after RFE :(
At least I got my interview letter :cool:

Hey you all people....

Listen don't worry at all...
As I see from month spent on reading how USCIS works:
USCIS is same as God, both works in mysterious ways!

:D :D :D :D :D

someitguy that's awesome news.. :)
I must tell you that you might be right that my EAD might be approved around August 10th. :cool:

loose said:
Hey you all people....

Listen don't worry at all...
As I see from month spent on reading how USCIS works:
USCIS is same as God, both works in mysterious ways!

:D :D :D :D :D
You might be right, however I wish they were more predictable... :cool:
This unpredictibility can drive people nuts :eek:

And then sadly the month wait for the Social Security card after you apply for it with your EAD.

Ayyyyyyyyyyy CARUMBA !
lol

Interview letter, AP received

Yesterday, I received both my AP and interview invitation. Interview is on September 13th. Woo-hoo!