EAD returned to INS Undeliverable address -Jim Help

PHX_RN

Registered Users (C)
Hi
My wife\'s EAD(I-765) was returned to INS because of undeliverable address. We didn\'t change our address after applying for I-485/EAD. We applied our I485/EAD on September 01.
My lawyer spoke to INS 8 weeks back, but we have not yet received EAD.
In the mean time my wife got a job, she needs EAD immediately to start the job.
Is it possible to get a new EAD from a local INS office (Phoenix)?
Is it possible to get a new EAD from CSC (Los Angeles) in person?
Is there any other options to get EAD faster?
My lawyer is telling my I have to wait until INS resend my wifes EAD is that true?

Appreciate your help.

Let\'s see........

You are not on welfare. Your spouse is about to enter the workforce. Would it kill you to pay for legal advice ??? Or maybe the question is unimportant ?

Answer about EAD...

The practices of District offices vary. But largely they do not give an interim EAD if the case was of a missed address.
New EAD might be entirely another matter. Since LA is a district office, it would not hurt to try.
Meanwhile, If you have a lease agreement or some utility bill in your wife\'s name take it to the post office and insist that all mail (not just junk) be delivered to her at this address in writing.

Add your wife\'s maiden name to your mailbox

This happened to me too. My wife\'s EAD card was returned as undelivered. Just call INS and request the IIO to resend the card. In my case the mailbox in my Apt complex had my last name. I just added my wife\'s maiden name. I received the card about 10 days after calling up the IIO.

answer to Dikjr

Are you a lawyer who has been legally barred from practice.....

who do you think you are by the way....

don\'t offer moralistic platitudes from a scholastic podium.....if you can help then do that....

otherwise get your sorry ass off this board.....

Bet ur another scavenger rummaging for freebies

This is a free board but do you guys have to crawl for alms ? Utter lack of self-respect but then you must have missed the basics while going easy on the cash.