EAD renewal question?

Jhon Li

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My EAD will expire in the beginning of Feb. What can I do to renew it before it expires.

I filed 485 at dec 2001. Kind of being frustrated. This is the 3rd time I renew my EAD. I filed the renewal application I-765 at middle of last December, and I still have not got my EAD yet. I got the Notice that INS already received my EAD renewal application. My current EAD will expire on Feb 10, 2004.

Is this possible for me to go to the INS local office to get it renewed before Feb 10,2004? If the company I work for provide some kind of letter, is this going to help?

(I know they require 90 days waiting period before seeing Local Office).
Any experience?

Jhon

Yes you can go to the local office and ask for interim EAD (iEAD)- different locl offices have different procedures and timelines. Check the website of your local office and just go there. If you indicate - what your local office is- may somebody here can also throw some light. In anycase- co. letter may not help.
HTH

EAD renewal

Jhon, Li..I am in the same boat. Applied for my 3rd renewal

applied : 12/5/03
receipt : 12/9/03
EAD expiring 2/4/04

Could someone shed some light as to whether we can get IEAD at Newark before 90 days?

Knowing that USCIS has such low efficiency, who didn't you guys apply earlier? I hope this could be a warning for those friends whose EAD will expire before June. Act NOW!!! Don't take the risk to have any troubles on your job!

I applied for my third EAD in NOV, 2003.
RD for EAD is Nov 19th, 2003. And my current EAD is expiring on JAN 24th. But so far no approval.

GOD knows.............

My experience - IEAD

I was in the same boat as you guys but may be a bit better off now. My 2nd EAD is expiring on Jan 28, 2004.

- Applied for 3rd EAD on Sep 30, 2003 (according to BCIS officers Notice date that counts, not RD)
- No response to date from VSC.
- Jan 2: Went to baltimore office to get Interim EAD. The officer checked for 90 days before they even gave me a ticket.
- Just received an appointment from Baltimore office for Jan 22, I hope they will issue me the EAD.
- Even flew to Boston on Jan 6, however, the office refused to entertain me, saying they have no jurisdiction over Maryland residents. You can get through if they do not look at the address. Again they checked the 90 days.

Your options:
- If you live in a good regional office area you can get interim EAD on the 91st day of your notice date.
- you can contact your Senator or congressman to help expediate your case.
- Another option, a letter from your company stating something like, "losing xxx will create a loss of million dollars.." take that will your lawyer to the local office in coercing them to issue you EAD.

If none of the above can happen, just pray that HR will not notice your expiration, otherwise, you can no longer work.

GC saga continues:

485 RD: Dec 2001
FP1: May 2002
RFE (Employment Letter, Pay Stubs): July 2003
FP2: Oct 2003

Hi,
I am going to the INS local office this month and try to get an Iterim EAD. I am going to bring a letter from my company because I am tring to get it before 90 days.
I live in NJ. To be specific, I live in Bridgewater, NJ. I work in Hackensack, NJ. I checked the BCIS website, and get confusion about the "District Office", "Sub Office", "Field Office". Cannot even find a definition of "Local Office". If somebody shed light on this, I really appreciate it.

Jhon Li

I-EAd

I called USCIS...and was told to get I-EAD go to 970 Broad Street, Newark.

Please share your experience after your visit and I intend to go and try my luck next week.

You all earn thousands of dollars on EAD every month, but you hesitate to spend $120 for renewal. All apply five months ahead for renewal.

No, money is not the issue.
I am just busy. Didn't realize time goes so fast. That is the reason for delay applying for I-EAD.
I know I learned a hard lesson.

Jhon Li

routineusgc

"I called USCIS...and was told to get I-EAD go to 970 Broad Street, Newark."

Do I have to make an appointment before going there?
Any other suggestion?

Jhon Li

IEAD

skwk - thank you for giving good options. Someone suggest to me to inform HR to hold back salary while we are still working and once approved to back pay as bonus instead of salary. Does this option works? Any input (constructive input) is appreciated.

Re: IEAD

Originally posted by routineusgc
Someone suggest to me to inform HR to hold back salary while we are still working and once approved to back pay as bonus instead of salary. Does this option works?

Not unless you plan to not work once the EAD expires.

You do not require an EAD to get paid; you DO require one to work. If you are working, paid or unpaid, it is illegal.