I'm applying for EAD renewal, could anyone tell me which way
the approval is faster, online appln. or mail? also please state
pros and cons.

I'm confused...getting varied opinions, wish to know which path
is fast and reliable.

Experts please respond!

Thanks,

Rosaly

My 3 friends sent by mail and got EAD renewed in 60-65 days from VSC, NSC needs Color copies of Driving license and first page of passport with other documents

Online seems slower, but not sure, maybe because I didn't sent out supporting documents on the same day.

EAD question

Hi,

I applied my renewal tjrough mail and my wife applied through web. I got my approval in a monthe and my wife's took 3 months.
Personally I don't suggest anyone to do it on web. Mail it directly to VSC.

LSB

IMPORTANT!!!

Hey folks -

First of all, I appreciate all the gurus for providing assistance to all future immigrants. Actually, I wanted to point out to Ginnu that making color copies of any official documents (i.e. anything from your municipal parking sticker to your passport) would be illegal in accordance to the Illinois law. In fact, Kinko's would only allow you to make black and white copies of any official documents.

In spite of this point, your advices are truly helpful and I really appreciate your taking time to help your fellow immigrants out. Keep up the good work, Ginnu!

Thanks!

Ghareeb

I did my EAD last month. I sent every thing in Black and white and got it approved within 25 days. But some one else on the board was telling that he got RFE asking color copies. Is it just rumor or real I want to know, as I am applying EAD renewal for my wife shortly.

Ghareeb:
VSC does not need color copies of Driving license or color copy of the first page of Passport that has your photograph for EAD renewal. VSC don’t ask for these documents.
VSC only needs copy of past EAD (front and back) fees $120, I-485 receipt, 2 photographs and form I-765 and for spouse marriage certificate and if you have TOP portion that they send with first EAD and send it definitely expedite the process.

It is NSC that has started asking these documents 3-4 months back. If you read the instructions on the form color copy of DL or PP is not needed for EAD renewal or first time EAD. NSC is asking for it and many are getting RFE for these documents, NSC also needs I-140 copy for EAD renewal but VSC is approving the cases if I-140 copy is not submitted they can check the BCIS record in Computer system with A#
I am sorry I don’t know Illinois law, you should ask this question to NSC they may be able to guide you.
I post what I read from the experience of others, I have never tried to provide wrong info, if I don’t know I keep quiet. If by mistake I did provide any wrong info I am sorry for that and I Apologize. Every one has lawyers and can ask the lawyers for the recent updates from different service centers. You can always ignore my posts.
Good Luck!!
Gagan

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE TELL WHAT ARE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR EAD RENEWAL.
ALS MY CASE IS TRANSFERED FROM NSC TO CHICAGO. WHERE DO I SEND MY APPLICATION.
THANKS

Hi Ginnu

Ginnu -

Thank you for your message! I am sorry if I made you feel awful for sharing my experience at Kinko's.

I just got little concerned because this guy (he was kind of jerk, by the way) told me that it is against Illinois law to make a color copy of Driver's license. [Kjcool: go to Kinko's and ask for a handout on copyright; the rule is written in there].

Again, thank you for getting back to me so promptly, Ginnu. I just wanted to thank you for your reply and apologize if I made you feel bad.

Thanks again,

Ghareeb

Originally posted by gc48501
CAN ANY ONE PLEASE TELL WHAT ARE SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR EAD RENEWAL.
ALS MY CASE IS TRANSFERED FROM NSC TO CHICAGO. WHERE DO I SEND MY APPLICATION.
THANKS

You should send EAD renewal application to the SC where your I485 is pending!
All supporting docs are in the instructions on EAD form.

Rosaly

Ghareeb:

MurthyBulletin : VOL. IX, no. 33; Aug 15, 2003

I-765s and I-131s

One ray of hope is that the NSC is working hard to reduce processing
times for Applications for Employment Authorization Documents (EADs or
I-765s) and Applications for Travel Documents (Advance Paroles or I-131s)
that are filed with I-485s. Applicants are reminded to include clear
copies of their photo IDs and the photo ID pages of their passports,
proof of relationship to the principal, if the applicant is a dependent,
and all relevant I-797 Notices of Action (if applicable) to ensure that
speedier processing is possible.

© The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C.