EAD Renewal on own without lawyer

immi_mygc

Registered Users (C)
Currently I am using EAD. How much is it advisible to renew the EAD on your own. Looks like form is simple and you will need to send documents such as
1. Copy of current EAD.
2. Copy of the I485 recipt
3. Copy of the I94

Because of current H1 dead line attorneys are busy. Do you see any risk doing on own.

In my experience, it is an utter waste of money and time to use a lawyer for EAD applications - it makes as much sense to me as using a lawyer to help you write your grocery list.... Just fill the form, make copies of the required documents, and mail it with pictures and a check....

I believe one can also do e-filing...no docs need to be sent...only for eligible cases...all employment based cases are eligible, I think.

EAD renewal and form filing question

Just a reconfirmation needed on below.
1. Name it ask to give Family name in Capital. Does this mean in #1 name section - LAST Name in capital and then first name. SO sequesnce to be - LASTNAME Firstname. THere is no middle name in my case. Is it correct.
2. And last entry I had on H1B, so say only H1B.
3. And place of entry should be "New York" instead of JFK, New York. JFK is the airport, do not need to mention it. Correct ?

Thanks.

Don't waste your money on hiring a lawyer for the EAD! I filed it myself and received the card in the mail in 3 months. I did get some extra assurance that I was doing everything right by consulting the immigration attorneys from www.LegalServicePlans.info. For $16/month with their standard family plan I was given unlimited consultations and they walked me through the application form. If not happy with the service, you can always cancel the subscription so you're not risking loosing a fortune on attorney fees. Hope this is helpful.

Don't waste your money on hiring a lawyer for the EAD! I filed it myself and received the card in the mail in 3 months. I did get some extra assurance that I was doing everything right by consulting the immigration attorneys from www.LegalServicePlans.info. For $16/month with their standard family plan I was given unlimited consultations and they walked me through the application form. If not happy with the service, you can always cancel the subscription so you're not risking loosing a fortune on attorney fees. Hope this is helpful.

Hi, can yo please share on what all docs you mailed to them, did you do the online process ?

I am also interested ....

Hi,
My EAD renewal is also coming up. The company is refusing to pay for the renewal and the lawyer says he would charge $300 + $340 (actual fee) = $640 :eek: for each application. I don't think it is worth it. :mad:

Can someone please post the link to online resource for the documents and procedure for the EAD renewal ? :confused:

Thanks in advance.:)

Hi, can yo please share on what all docs you mailed to them, did you do the online process ?

For my EAD application, I mailed the following documents:

1.Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization;
2.Copy of Form I-94;
3.Copies of previous EADs;
4.Copy of Passport Page with Nonimmigrant visa;
5.Copy of H1-B Approval Notice;
6.Two Passport-style Photographs;
7.Check for I-765 application fee.

Depending on your current immigration situation, additional supporting documents may be needed. I did consult with the attorneys from wxxxxxxnfo on what documents I should send to support my case. Hope this helps.

Please only recommend attorneys that are bar members, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
My EAD renewal is also coming up. The company is refusing to pay for the renewal and the lawyer says he would charge $300 + $340 (actual fee) = $640 :eek: for each application. I don't think it is worth it. :mad:

Can someone please post the link to online resource for the documents and procedure for the EAD renewal ? :confused:

Thanks in advance.:)

I'm surprised at why people think it's complicated to apply for an EAD. Just download the pdf form from the USCIS website and read the instructions and apply. As simple as that.
Try it out. You'll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is.
With all the money you saved, you can plan a good vacation. :D

For my EAD application, I mailed the following documents:

1.Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization;
2.Copy of Form I-94;
3.Copies of previous EADs;
4.Copy of Passport Page with Nonimmigrant visa;
5.Copy of H1-B Approval Notice;
6.Two Passport-style Photographs;
7.Check for I-765 application fee.

Depending on your current immigration situation, additional supporting documents may be needed. I did consult with the attorneys from www.LegalServicePlans.info on what documents I should send to support my case. Hope this helps.

You forgot to mention the most important thing: Copy of I-485 receipt notice. Next to that, the H-1B approval and the visa is not relevant. The passport data page or a driver's license (for ID purposes) is also required.

You forgot to mention the most important thing: Copy of I-485 receipt notice. Next to that, the H-1B approval and the visa is not relevant. The passport data page or a driver's license (for ID purposes) is also required.

I did not have to provide it as I filed I-485 and I-765 at the same time. I haven't renewed my EAD yet so I would have to consult the legal membership service that I'm using if it's really needed for EAD renewal.

I did not include a copy of passport page or driver's license and the EAD was approved without RFE.

I did not have to provide it as I filed I-485 and I-765 at the same time. I haven't renewed my EAD yet so I would have to consult the legal membership service that I'm using if it's really needed for EAD renewal.

I did not include a copy of passport page or driver's license and the EAD was approved without RFE.

Applying for the EAD concurrently with the I-485 is a different matter. For EAD renewal, you definitely need to include a copy of your I-485 receipt. You don't need to consult any service for this info, it's right there in the I-765 instructions!

EAD renewed in 3 weeks

Got 1st EAD renewed in 3 weeks, today card ordered for production. I just followed the instructions as per USCIS and also the application.Sent the required docs by post.

Got 1st EAD renewed in 3 weeks, today card ordered for production. I just followed the instructions as per USCIS and also the application.Sent the required docs by post.

Did you do efiling or sent my mail I did my filing through the mail and receive date is 04/09 and i have got the receipt # from the back side of check. Have n't yet got the receipt notice though. Hope to get direct approval after seeing your case. Thanks.

I sent the application by Post and had LUD's on 21, 22, 23 of April. They mailed me the receipt notice also and it came by 16th April. I guess u should also get it soon.

EAD renewal filing fee

If anyone has filed in the 485 & EAD during the July2007 fiasco period and has had a chance to renew the EAD please let us know hom much fee was paid (340 / 0)?, today i called USCIS and they told me i do not need to pay any fee since i filed the 485 after July 30, 2007 and 485 application is still pending

If anyone has filed in the 485 & EAD during the July2007 fiasco period and has had a chance to renew the EAD please let us know hom much fee was paid (340 / 0)?, today i called USCIS and they told me i do not need to pay any fee since i filed the 485 after July 30, 2007 and 485 application is still pending

If you pay the 1000 or so for I-485 then EAD and AP is free.

EAD renewal fee

Rag01... Did you send any renewl fee with the documents? I sent my documents for renewal and USCIS returned it back mentioning that i haven't sent the check with it.
As pe the instructions on I-765 form, people who fall under "(c)(9) or (c)(16) adjustment applicant who filed for adjustment under the fee structure implemented July 30, 2007." are waived of renewal fee..
I am not sur whether, we should sent the fees and whether they will return the fee checks back later..

What was your experience ?