EAD Renewal @NSC - efile vs paper

minn_labor said:
how many days/months before expiration of your old EAD did your apply for renewal?
My first EAD (which I never used) expired 2 years ago. I am currently on H1.

iEAD experience

As I mentioned earlier, my EAD application has been pending more than 90-days at NSC, and I set up an Infopass appointment with my local INS office today.

It took me 70-min to drive there. The lady who, I talked to looked my case on her computer, but couldn't find my biometrics information. She asked me whether I took the biometrics. I said I did it the 2nd day after I efiled I-765. Then she had a long phone call with someone (I guess someone at NSC), and told me there will be a notice from NSC, but didnt want to tell me what notice it is and what's wrong (this makes me suspicious on whether NSC screwed up my case).

Anyway, I got an iEAD good for 3 months after 2-hour wait, and took another 75-min to drive back. It took me the whole morning to get the iEAD, but still I didn't get any valuable information about my pending I-765!!

Now I realize that E-filing in many cases is actually slower, and just something fancy that INS wants to play with.

shokaido said:
As I mentioned earlier, my EAD application has been pending more than 90-days at NSC, and I set up an Infopass appointment with my local INS office today.

It took me 70-min to drive there. The lady who, I talked to looked my case on her computer, but couldn't find my biometrics information. She asked me whether I took the biometrics. I said I did it the 2nd day after I efiled I-765. Then she had a long phone call with someone (I guess someone at NSC), and told me there will be a notice from NSC, but didnt want to tell me what notice it is and what's wrong (this makes me suspicious on whether NSC screwed up my case).

Anyway, I got an iEAD good for 3 months after 2-hour wait, and took another 75-min to drive back. It took me the whole morning to get the iEAD, but still I didn't get any valuable information about my pending I-765!!

Now I realize that E-filing in many cases is actually slower, and just something fancy that INS wants to play with.

I think your biometrics information just didnt get updated for your case and that's what the Service Center was waiting for. Usually, there's a change in LUD after you get your biometrics. I am not sure if you remember seeing a change in LUD 2-3 days after you took your biometrics. I have a feeling you will either be getting an approval notice in the mail or a notice to go and get your biometrics done again.

minn_labor,

Thanks for your comments.

I took the biometrics on Dec 2 and saw the LUD change the same day (changed from Nov 30 to Dec 2). So I am pretty sure they got my biometrics. But I am afraid that I did the biometrics too early (only 2 days after e-filing, most people on this forum waits longer to do the biometrics. But my local ASC seemed to have nothing to do and I got such an early and quick appoinment.), and NSC thought it's too fast and it doesn't count. :eek:

Well, I'd better wait a few more days for the so-called "notice" and see what will happen. Then I will nag NSC again if I don't receive anything soon.

shokaido said:
minn_labor,

Thanks for your comments.

I took the biometrics on Dec 2 and saw the LUD change the same day (changed from Nov 30 to Dec 2). So I am pretty sure they got my biometrics. But I am afraid that I did the biometrics too early (only 2 days after e-filing, most people on this forum waits longer to do the biometrics. But my local ASC seemed to have nothing to do and I got such an early and quick appoinment.), and NSC thought it's too fast and it doesn't count. :eek:

Well, I'd better wait a few more days for the so-called "notice" and see what will happen. Then I will nag NSC again if I don't receive anything soon.

Shokaido,

I usually do my biometrics early too, but within the first week. I don't think NSC would disregard your biometrics because you did it in the first 2 days.
Let us know when you get the notice from the service center.

E-filed-Action needed status

I efiled my fourth EAD on March 5, 2006. When I submit the information my forms page shows the status "Action needed".
I called NCSC to let E-Filed management know about this. One lady took all the info and said some one will call you. I did not hear any thing yet.

I emailed the E-filed management about this, they sent automatic email like this

"The e-Filing system is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We are looking into the problem. Please check with your bank or credit card to determine whether you were charged. You may need to wait 2-3 business days for the payment to post to your account.

If you determine that you were NOT charged, you will need to re-file. Please wait a day or two before attempting to re-file. When you re-file, please begin a brand new application and ignore the previously attempted application for which you received the "Action Needed" error.

If you were charged, please DO NOT re-file. Your application will be processed. If you were charged, please let us know and we will look into the matter to ensure that your application is processed correctly.

Thank you,
E-Filing Support Team
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
"

So I called the credit card company and happened to know that the BCIS charged $180 dollars. curently the e-filling site is down. I don't know what to do, should I wait 10 days until i get receipt though mail or call back NCSC to find what is going on with my case. Any had this experience previously?
Please advise gurus. Thanks in advance.

mvs_Imm said:
I efiled my fourth EAD on March 5, 2006. When I submit the information my forms page shows the status "Action needed".
I called NCSC to let E-Filed management know about this. One lady took all the info and said some one will call you. I did not hear any thing yet.

I emailed the E-filed management about this, they sent automatic email like this

"The e-Filing system is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We are looking into the problem. Please check with your bank or credit card to determine whether you were charged. You may need to wait 2-3 business days for the payment to post to your account.

If you determine that you were NOT charged, you will need to re-file. Please wait a day or two before attempting to re-file. When you re-file, please begin a brand new application and ignore the previously attempted application for which you received the "Action Needed" error.

If you were charged, please DO NOT re-file. Your application will be processed. If you were charged, please let us know and we will look into the matter to ensure that your application is processed correctly.

Thank you,
E-Filing Support Team
"

So I called the credit card company and happened to know that the BCIS charged $180 dollars. curently the e-filling site is down. I don't know what to do, should I wait 10 days until i get receipt though mail or call back NCSC to find what is going on with my case. Any had this experience previously?
Please advise gurus. Thanks in advance.

I have no previous experience in this case but I would call NSCS just to be proactive and see where you case stands. Why wait 10 days when you could get an answer today. The least they can say is that they don't know.
Goodluck and keep us posted on your situation.

Ead

Hey MVS If you look at the Details of you credit card it will tell you the Receipt Number. It will show up in details like 06--------

Thanks minn_labor and JustGC007,
I called the NCSC yesterday and emailed the support again.
I checked my credit card details, i could not find any reciept number started with 06 but any way i got a email from E-Filing support.
Following is the message from them. I need to wait until tomorrow for the status.

"
E-Filing Customer:

The e-Filing System was experiencing technical difficulties. These issues have been addressed and the system is working properly.

Currently we are reviewing our payment database to determine which payments we successfully collected over the past several days. Once we establish a list of successful payments, we will process those applications and email each of customer by Thursday, March 9.

If you have not been received an email from us by Thursday, March 9, and your financial institution (bank or credit card company) shows no record of payment, you will need to re-file. When you re-file, please begin a brand new application and ignore the previously attempted application for which you received the "Action Needed" error.

Thank you,
E-Filing Support Team

"
I called four times NCSC, whoever I spoke to, they provided different information. One guy told, call after 30 days, a lady took the information and said someone will call you.
Someone said check the funds in the credit card. One lady said call after, once you have Receipt number.
Bootom line is they are very rude.

I will update tomorrow.

mvs_Imm said:
Thanks minn_labor and JustGC007,
I called the NCSC yesterday and emailed the support again.
I checked my credit card details, i could not find any reciept number started with 06 but any way i got a email from E-Filing support.
Following is the message from them. I need to wait until tomorrow for the status.

"
E-Filing Customer:

The e-Filing System was experiencing technical difficulties. These issues have been addressed and the system is working properly.

Currently we are reviewing our payment database to determine which payments we successfully collected over the past several days. Once we establish a list of successful payments, we will process those applications and email each of customer by Thursday, March 9.

If you have not been received an email from us by Thursday, March 9, and your financial institution (bank or credit card company) shows no record of payment, you will need to re-file. When you re-file, please begin a brand new application and ignore the previously attempted application for which you received the "Action Needed" error.

Thank you,
E-Filing Support Team

"
I called four times NCSC, whoever I spoke to, they provided different information. One guy told, call after 30 days, a lady took the information and said someone will call you.
Someone said check the funds in the credit card. One lady said call after, once you have Receipt number.
Bootom line is they are very rude.

I will update tomorrow.

since your CC shows payment you should be fine.
the only thing you don't know is your receipt number and you can't call
to get a biometric appt. Atleast you will have more info tomorrow.
Goodluck and keep us posted.

Action Need status

Thanks minn_labor, I got a email from E-Filling support with EAD reciept enclosed in pdf format. I also scheduled appointment with AOS for fingure print and photo on saturday.

mvs_Imm said:
Thanks minn_labor, I got a email from E-Filling support with EAD reciept enclosed in pdf format. I also scheduled appointment with AOS for fingure print and photo on saturday.

MVS,

I am glad that you got your receipt number as well as the pdf.

Did you have to pay extra for biometrics?

I am just curious since I am up for an EAD renewal pretty soon.

Action Need status

Thanks minn_labor,
When I called the lady in NCSC for scheduling the appointment, she did not say any thing about the biometrics fee. All she told is to bring two copies of reciept, photo ID and confirmation number.
Last week my friend completed his biometrics to renew his EAD . He was not asked for any biometrics fee.
I believe there will be no fee for EAD renewal biometrics . I will update this on Saturday.

mvs_Imm said:
Thanks minn_labor,
When I called the lady in NCSC for scheduling the appointment, she did not say any thing about the biometrics fee. All she told is to bring two copies of reciept, photo ID and confirmation number.
Last week my friend completed his biometrics to renew his EAD . He was not asked for any biometrics fee.
I believe there will be no fee for EAD renewal biometrics . I will update this on Saturday.

All you paid was $180 at the time of filing your EAD.
Keep me posted when your EAD gets approved.

Hi ,
If your case gets close to the PD date and the case it start to be handled by USCIS , i think that the EAD process will take some time to be processed ( even if it's the 2nd or 3rd or 4th EAD !!!) !!! Anyway if 90 days passed since your EAD receipt date , and you do not have an answer from them , you can go to your Local Office and get an EAD from there !!!
Meanwhile if you get yours , please let us know too ... and how long it took for this !!!

GHEBAUER said:
Hi ,
If your case gets close to the PD date and the case it start to be handled by USCIS , i think that the EAD process will take some time to be processed ( even if it's the 2nd or 3rd or 4th EAD !!!) !!! Anyway if 90 days passed since your EAD receipt date , and you do not have an answer from them , you can go to your Local Office and get an EAD from there !!!
Meanwhile if you get yours , please let us know too ... and how long it took for this !!!

That was a good point that you made.
Have you recently applied for your EAD too?
I will keep you posted.

Ead/ap

Hi mvs_Imm, the fee that you have paid covers the FP, once the Bio is done you will get you Approval for EAD in 1 or 2 weeks and AP in 4 to 6 weeks if it is NSC. I dont know about the other service centers .