EAD Renewal @NSC - efile vs paper

E-filed EAD update

Eventually I received email from USCIS for EAD approval today, after 105-day of waiting. Here is my long journy:

E-filed on Nov 30, 2005
FP at ASC: Dec 2, 2005
Called NSC on Feb 12 for update, was told that NSC was waiting for something unknown :confused:
Infopass appointment with local INS on Mar 2, 2006: Got i-EAD, checked status again and told to wait for a notice, but nothing came up after 10 days
Called 1-800 CS for a formal status inquiry: Mar 13, 2006
Approval: March 15, 2006 :)

I still haven't figured out what NSC had been doing for my case, although my PD is coming close (April, 2004, currently Jan 1, 2004 for China).

This is my 1st EAD, and I did it 11 months after I filed I-485.

Paper filed - approved in 40 days

My attorney paper filed my EAD and AP application with NSC on 02/03/2006. Received my receipt notice in about a week's time. Tracked the status online at the USCIS site using the receipt #.

Got an email stating that the EAD was approved, on 03/15/2006. the EAD card is yet to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
bobmano said:
Paper filed my EAD and AP application with NSC on 02/03/2006

EAD approved on 03/15/2006.
thanks for the info. Please let us know the start date on your EAD when you get the card.

I mailed my EAD application with supporting documentation by priority mail...package was delivered on Mar 7th....got my fee check cleared on Mar13....Any idea how soon should I expect any receipt notice from NSC...or how to check the status of my application..?

NSC Paper filed - received the card

My attorney paper filed my application:
RD:02/03
AD:03/15 (email notification)
EAD card received: 03/18

The card is valid from 03/15 and not from the end of my current EAD date (have about 3 months left on my current EAD)

efiled EAD Approved in 3 weeks

I efiled EAD @NSC on April 10th and got approval email today (5/4).
Just waiting for the card in the mail now.

EAD paper file, what about biometric fingerprint?

Hi Everybody

IF you filed paper EAD not efile, Did you still take appintment for fingerprint?
How this biometric (fingerprint) works for paper file?
I need to file 2nd EAD, last time when my attorney filled EAD there was no fingerprint but I did fingerprinting last month for my I485... Do you think still I need to go for fingerprint for this 2nd EAD een if I file paper not efile?

thanks in advance,
-Ada

Adya said:
Hi Everybody

IF you filed paper EAD not efile, Did you still take appintment for fingerprint?
How this biometric (fingerprint) works for paper file?
I need to file 2nd EAD, last time when my attorney filled EAD there was no fingerprint but I did fingerprinting last month for my I485... Do you think still I need to go for fingerprint for this 2nd EAD een if I file paper not efile?

thanks in advance,
-Ada

You don't need to go for biometrics if you paper file for EAD.