EAD renewal Loss of 6 months...great USCIS does it again!!!

rajudm

Registered Users (C)
I am loosing words to tell the dumbness of USCIS. On covering letter I had clearly mentioned that EAD had to be renewed from June 2005. They approved within two weeks of Notice date and given it for one year from Jan 2005. Why would I need two EADs in the time period Jan to June 2005.

Has anyone successfully got those validity dates corrected? I plan to send all the documents showing that it was mistake on USCIS part.

rajudm said:
I am loosing words to tell the dumbness of USCIS. On covering letter I had clearly mentioned that EAD had to be renewed from June 2005. They approved within two weeks of Notice date and given it for one year from Jan 2005. Why would I need two EADs in the time period Jan to June 2005.

Has anyone successfully got those validity dates corrected? I plan to send all the documents showing that it was mistake on USCIS part.
Yes. They are really inconsistent.
I heard this problem is coming to people who have not sent the stub of the previous EAD. Did you send the stub?

I got similar. Lot 4 months.

I got mine approved in two weeks and I lost 4 months. For my previous EAD, I had to go thru Interim EAD crap. This is ridiculousl.

This is what I was scared about and it came true.
I am really worried as my spouse EAD was approved with in a month and I have sent the stub which came along with the previous EAD.

Lets see what they will do now .......

rajudm said:

stub or no-stub they know only one thing...

I sent the stub which came with the previous EAD. I do always. USCIS has a habit of troubling our minds which are already down the drain courtesy of their unprofessional behaviour.

I spoke to VSC rep, and she suggested that I should send all the documents to prove that it was USCIS mistake if not I have pay $175 again. We are cash cows for them...why would they approve I485 :( :(

Can you tell me when did you file for the Renewal?

rajudm said:

I think the best time to apply for EAD renewal is about 100 days
so after 90 days if they don't approve EAD, we can go to local office for interim EAD.
The gap between the passing of 90 days and ur EAD expiry date should be kept as low as 1 week, so to avoid the RFE mostly after 90 days and before u go to local office as the probability will be low.

when u apply 100 days before, even if they approve immediately, u may lose at the max 3 months

Explorer19 said:
agree 500%, or don't complain..minimize the time loss to three months

Last edited by a moderator:
complain...

when you loose $175 atleast I have right to complain. Look at the VSC's processing dates. For I765 the date is still November 18th. Whereas an EAD application with ND of Jan 3rd got approved on Jan 13th. (just 10 days). They show one face to public and do something else privately.

In the past, applying for EAD or Ap would have resulted in touching I485 application. Now they have stopped even doing that. I wish they could show the same efficiency in dealing with I485.

Knowing USCIS, my intuition of sending only my spouse's EAD renewal was right. Or else I would have lost my renewal fees also.

i know loosing money is painful but USCIS have approved EAD in 2-3 weeks as well..you never know what they are going to do with any application

Explorer19 said:
so after 90 days if they don't approve EAD, we can go to local office for interim EAD.
The gap between the passing of 90 days and ur EAD expiry date should be kept as low as 1 week, so to avoid the RFE mostly after 90 days and before u go to local office as the probability will be low.

when u apply 100 days before, even if they approve immediately, u may lose at the max 3 months

True. I used to follow this method.

Same Problem here

My and my wife's EAD is bound to expire on April 8 2005, so i did all the calculations and send the renewel application on 28th december 2004, just to have 10 days more then 90 days. But guess what, the EAD for both of us got approved on 12th January itself. It's crazy, we lost about 3 months.

It is strange...I applied on 04/28/2004 and got approval on 08/11/2004 ( > 100 days )..fortunately I was on H1B so I never cared..

Md_rockville

In 2004 USCIS was operating differently than in 2005.

Our EAD2 had ND of Jan 7th 2004, picked up for processing in April and was renewed correctly from June 2004 to 2005.

For EAD 3 ND is Jan 2nd, processed on Jan 13 th and effect is loss of 6 months. Can't understand their processing logic. Only if they were creative in approving I485 we don't have this kind of discussion thread.

I am going to fight it out ....till the end to fix this date from June 2005 onwards.