EAD renewal Loss of 6 months...great USCIS does it again!!!

MY EAD Strange

rajudm said:
In 2004 USCIS was operating differently than in 2005.

Can't understand their processing logic.

Very strange thing happen to me......last year...

I filed for renewal my and my wife EAD around feb 2004. My EAD Approved for April 2004 to May 2005. It was ok.

and my wife case they approved from Oct 2004 to Dec 2004. Can you believe it ? It means they approved for only 2 months. And that is also strange. They made gape for no EAD for april 2004 to Oct 2004.

I complain but still they are not ready to accept their mistake and I again pay fees........

So I guess complain to USCIS is waste of time and energy.

rajudm said:
when you loose $175 atleast I have right to complain. Look at the VSC's processing dates. For I765 the date is still November 18th. Whereas an EAD application with ND of Jan 3rd got approved on Jan 13th. (just 10 days). They show one face to public and do something else privately.

In the past, applying for EAD or Ap would have resulted in touching I485 application. Now they have stopped even doing that. I wish they could show the same efficiency in dealing with I485.

Knowing USCIS, my intuition of sending only my spouse's EAD renewal was right. Or else I would have lost my renewal fees also.

Well, what can I say... you played the game hoping they could approve your I485 when looking at your EAD renewal and lost because they changed the rules of the game... and now you r trying to complain about you 175 loss ?

man, be reasonable. apply for EAD only when you really need it, or play the game knowing your chances to win ~ 0

at the same time I am sorry to hear about your loss. we all hope to have I485 approved ASAP, some of us and all of us.

GL.

Gcg

This was the same game we played last time in 2004. With exact same ND and RD nothing was lost.

USCIS has reduced us to play games. In games atleast there is fixed set of rules in which one plays. What would you do when rules move according to someone's whims and fancies when the game is still continuing.... I wonder how one feels in an American Football if the rules gets changed in each quarter unexpectedly.

I am not giving up....I will raise this issue with all the documents I have first with USCIS, and then with Congressmen. Even if nothing comes out of it...something good can happen for future cases.

Each issues are getting added to my immigration experience folders (already have Canadian and Australian completed). However the chapters on US immigration will be lengthy.

I lost 4 MONTHS tooo

Last time in Sept 03 - they renewed my IIIrd EAD in 5 months....I had to go to local office THREE times bcos they had STUPID limit....then they gave me EAD -which was valid for ONLY 5 months....then......

So this time i applied in advance just to be safe side....and it is not DATE-to-DATE....meaning I lost 4 months....

now ONLY GOD can help us....bcos I've already sent a letter....NO REPLY since TWO months...

Man...if we have to live here in US....this is what they have...for us

later...

The same thing happened to me as well when I filed my 3rd EAD. I got it within 2 weeks. That was the second time, I had faced the same issue when I applied for the interim EAD as well.

Ama yaar,
Same thing happened to me. Lost 4 sucking month..But sucking it didn't happen for my wife. Although both EAD was filed on the same date.
I am ready to co-ordinate and contribute money to file a case against USCIS for loss of time on EAD, are you!!!
If you are interested post your e-mail address. If there are more than 10 people I shall file a case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Explorer19 said:
I think the best time to apply for EAD renewal is about 100 days
so after 90 days if they don't approve EAD, we can go to local office for interim EAD.
The gap between the passing of 90 days and ur EAD expiry date should be kept as low as 1 week, so to avoid the RFE mostly after 90 days and before u go to local office as the probability will be low.

when u apply 100 days before, even if they approve immediately, u may lose at the max 3 months

Yesterday i have supported this idea, but now i remember that this idea has one BIG PROBLEM (it happened to me). Suppose you apply 100 days before EAD expiry and you get an RFE after 80 days. Then you can't get interim EAD for another 90 days (in case of RFE,the clock starts from the day you reply to RFE :( ). So if you are using EAD, then you will be without an EAD for a couple of months. I have received an RFE due to their clerical mistake. When i went for interim EAD, they told me that they won't issue interim EAD until 90 days passed after i replied to RFE. I was in a deep problem as my EAD was expiring in next 10 days. I had approached my congress man and they have demanded INS to send me a EAD immediately (because RFE is due to INS's fault) and then i got it within the next couple of days.
So even if you lose a few months, i suggest people to apply atleast 4 to 5 months in advance for EAD renewal.

Brij523 said:
I am ready to co-ordinate and contribute money to file a case against USCIS for loss of time on EAD, are you!!!
If there are more than 10 people I shall file a case.

If you can get some people who are willing to be the plaintiffs in the lawsuit, then we can think of filing the case on behalf of immigrationportal.org . We already have some money (around 22K) and i will be glad if that can be of help for a good cause to I485 applicants. May be we can ask some lawyer to file a class action against INS for the EAD renewal scam. I will also get some money back from INS :rolleyes:

I have applied for both ( mine and my spouse ) 3rd ead like 95 days in advance, but yesterday, I received my wife's EAD and we lost a valuable 2 Months of time. I am surprised even though we all submitted a copy of present EAD, why the USCIS officer doesn't see till when the present one is valid and issue the next one accordingly.

Dsatish,
EAD issue is an issue which needs to be fought agreed, but there are lots of forum members who are waiting for their I485 because of this Name Check Issue between USCIS and FBI, so I would strongly suggest the portal to think to do something about it so that it will definately help to become permanent residents and not worry about applying EAD and AP's.....Just a suggestion!
dsatish said:
If you can get some people who are willing to be the plaintiffs in the lawsuit, then we can think of filing the case on behalf of immigrationportal.org . We already have some money (around 22K) and i will be glad if that can be of help for a good cause to I485 applicants. May be we can ask some lawyer to file a class action against INS for the EAD renewal scam. I will also get some money back from INS :rolleyes:

dsatish..

Yes I am ready to join the class action lawsuit. I think that is the only way to teach these people (are they??? i doubt after seeing the way they treat us) a lesson. I guess everyone in US fear law suits more than the supreme spiritual power. how sad it is... :( :eek:

Why should you fear from lawsuit!! Worst case - I will go back to India. At least I can live as billionaire in India. By this statement I don't mean to say I don't like this country. But sucking I485 is very boring process for a person who wants results. I wish I could get USCIS business!!!!

Coming to point - How many of you are saying yes. I am ready to Statiscally screw USCIS. Not joking.
Reply soon.

Message to DSatish about NameCheck

dsatish ,

As needhelp pointed out , Theare are bigger issues such as namecheck that need to be paid attention to . Many of the applicants from Sep02 to Apr 03
were screwed by proper lack of communication software between USCIS and FBI .

It is very frustrating to see VSC approving 04 cases while 02 cases are waiting for name check . Anything you do on behalf of immigrationportal will be of great help .

Thanks
Sunny

OK, let's focus on name check delays. But seeing the way our I485 litigation went (nothing happened even after 1 year) , i am not too optimistic on lawsuits. But if you guys decide to do it (a group of people should come forward), then i can talk to Rajiv.

Guys, in contrary my EAD is taking avg 4-5 months to renew as my application is transferred to local office. Even we need to go for biomatrices and the day we got for that is in February (ND 2nd dec, 04). My EAD application needs separate fingerprinting (don't know why) and we need to go to local office for i-EAD.

The thing is USCIS works like crazy and we are the stupids who pays repeatedly for their mistake. People who filed 1 year after me, got their 485 approved and we are just stuck!!! What to say, you guys know all the story!!1 :mad:

No Dum

dsatish said:
OK, let's focus on name check delays. But seeing the way our I485 litigation went (nothing happened even after 1 year) , i am not too optimistic on lawsuits. But if you guys decide to do it (a group of people should come forward), then i can talk to Rajiv.

Oe Satish,
Sala log ko gudha kau nahi hai. Bas pakar pakar karatae hai. Aur koi kuch karana chanhaega to nichae kichatae hai. Ma ki........ Pata nahi kaab sudharaingae....

New Approval Method of EAD Renewal
I think even VSC is also using the same system what NSC is using and this explains the problem why we lost the valuable time of valid EAD.
I think there is a flaw in the system which has been designed and it looks like now USCIS needs some good designers too. Oh GOD!

update on EAD correction

An incomplete procedure has ended up in causing more harm than good to USCIS customers. I had sent whole package back to VSC for correcting their mistake (procedure) so that the new EAD starts from where the old one ends. I have seen two LUDs on the approved EAD so far. (first LUD on friday and another one today. Let me see what they will throw back at me.

It will be interesting if they say a new procedure is used for EAD approvals or try to correct it manually!!!. If they correct it then I am extremely lucky....LUCK has been in short supply with USCIS so far..... ;)

I sincerely wish you Good Luck! and please keep me posted as i have also lost two valid months with my spouse EAD.
rajudm said:
An incomplete procedure has ended up in causing more harm than good to USCIS customers. I had sent whole package back to VSC for correcting their mistake (procedure) so that the new EAD starts from where the old one ends. I have seen two LUDs on the approved EAD so far. (first LUD on friday and another one today. Let me see what they will throw back at me.

It will be interesting if they say a new procedure is used for EAD approvals or try to correct it manually!!!. If they correct it then I am extremely lucky....LUCK has been in short supply with USCIS so far..... ;)