EAD renewal employment letter

nkat

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have kind of emergency situation, I appreciate any feedback you you guys can provide in this case. My current EAD is expiring on 8/18/06 and I applied for renewal on 6/18/06 (RD 6/20/06) at NSC, it got transferred to local Detroit office on 07/20/06 (my 485 is also at Detroit office). Since I wasn't sure if I can get it approved by 8/18, I took an Infopass appointment to speak to an Immigration officer on 7/2/06.

The officer told me obviously it is not past 90 days, so he cannot do anything about my case, then I explained I would lose my job if I don't have a valid EAD card. He said if it doesn't get approved by normal process, I can come on 8/18 with a letter from my employer stating that I will loose my job and seek for an approval. My questions are:

1) I know I applied late, but can I still get the approval on 8/18? what docs I can present and what argument I can make that might help the approval? Can someone provide me a draft letter that I can get from employer?

2) What are my other options, is there any? - going through senator (which I read about in lot of immigration forums), premium processing, H1??

3) Is there a chance it might get approved through normal process before 8/18?

Please provide me your suggestions.

Regards
nkat

nkat said:
Hello,

I have kind of emergency situation, I appreciate any feedback you you guys can provide in this case.
My current EAD is expiring on 8/18/06 and I applied for renewal on 6/18/06 (RD 6/20/06) at NSC, it got transferred to local Detroit office on 07/20/06 (my 485 is also at Detroit office).

Since I wasn't sure if I can get it approved by 8/18, I took an Infopass appointment to speak to an Immigration officer on 7/2/06.

The officer told me obviously it is not past 90 days, so he cannot do anything about my case, then I explained I would lose my job if I don't have a valid EAD card. He said if it doesn't get approved by normal process, I can come on 8/18 with a letter from my employer stating that I will loose my job and seek for an approval. My questions are:

1) I know I applied late, but can I still get the approval on 8/18?
--- I dont know
what docs I can present and what argument I can make that might help the approval?
-----EAD filing reciept and pending I-485 reciept
Can someone provide me a draft letter that I can get from employer?
---------- you write the letter and post the draft others will correct it
2) What are my other options, is there any? - going through senator (which I read about in lot of immigration forums),
---------- you can try but it was your duty to file early always file 4-5 months before EAD is going to expire
premium processing, H1??
-------------- if you are on H1 status then can use premium processing
3) Is there a chance it might get approved through normal process before 8/18?
---------- you are dealing with USCIS no body can give you date
Please provide me your suggestions.

Regards
nkat

Did you ask the employer if the accept the receipt notice within 90 days of such receipt notice? look at this page http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/eev.htm I work for a pretty big company and when I was hired they accepted the receipt notice as authorization for work, obviously, I had to present the actual document within that timeframe.

Note: I am not an attorney, but I saved 15% or more on my car insurance

AJVM said:
Did you ask the employer if the accept the receipt notice within 90 days of such receipt notice?

The problem is that an EAD receipt is not work authorization, nor does a pending EAD renewal confer employment authorization once the original EAD has expired. If one is eligible for 245a, 245i or 245k relief, then there's no problem, but if you are Family-Based I would not take this route.