EAD Renewal at VSC

eadap485

Registered Users (C)
My EAD/AP expire in September. I have just filed a renewal with VSC. Does anyone know how much time RENEWALS are taking?

Can I work if my original EAD runs out and before I receive the new one? If I can’t work can I stay in the country in that case?

Please let me know your opinion

Hi EADAP485,

My EAD/AP expire in September. I have just filed a renewal with VSC. Does anyone know how much time RENEWALS are taking?

----As far as EAD is concerned, You have enough time. I myself got it recently in less than 4 weeks and few of my friends received it in the similar timespan too(for one of them, it took 5 weeks). You should be getting your EAD before the end of August.As you know there are exceptions if the bad time is running but these days EAD's in VSC are not taking much time.So,let's hope for the best and I wish you good luck!! AP may take another 1-2 weeks after you receive ur EAD but AP is a different thing and let's not worry abt it.

Can I work if my original EAD runs out and before I receive the new one? If I can’t work can I stay in the country in that case?

--If you do not have a valid H1 or valid EAD, I do not think one is eligible to work here.You may want to double check this.Please check with an attorney or go through other comments in the forum. But, I am almost positive that you will get it before september.As you might be aware, it's always better to get an expert opinion to avoid panic situations.

Good luck

eadap485 said:

Mine expires in Sept. I applied in May, but RD is only June. I got my AP but EAD is still pending. hope to get it before Sept. Or else have to go to the local office to get interim EAD. This provision will not be available after October 2006. Good luck.

eadap485 said:
you will get your EAD ... positive

Yes .. you should be able to work, as delayed in response from USCIS is not your fault. I even worked while my case was intitially denied. Now its approved.

I agree. VSC is processing the EADs really fast now a days. I’ve got my EAD in 20 days!. But one thing is that I called them about my 485 and initiated a an enquiry and with in a week that it, got both AP and EAD’s.

SHAS123:

When did you applied for your EAD renewal. I mean in which month? Also let me know if you did online or physical application. Thanks.

SHAS123:

When did you applied for your EAD renewal. I mean in which month? Also let me know if you did online or physical application. Thanks.

EAD approvals at VSC ???

Hello eadap485,
I am also sailing on same boat. Please see my signature for details. I am eagarly waiting for EAD approval than 485 approval. My current EAD expires on 8/17/06. My 485 was stuck on security clearance and God only knows when my 485 would be approved (2, 3 or n years ?).

Kindly share your case details.

Is RD or ND, which is taken as basis for 90 days limit on EAD? Please clarify me.

eadap485 said:

Need help on how to schedule FP for EAD

Hi folks
based on pending 485 i e-filed for EAD renewal on 07/03... and rcvd receipt on 07/08. it says
if this receipt is for an I-485 or I-698
---------------------------------------
USCIS will schedule biometrics appointment.

my question now : the receipt does not say explicitly if its EAD i have to call USCIS and schedule an appointment; however i called this(800-375-5283) morning checked with rep and the rep says USCIS will schedule and she does not see any FP scheduled for me.
does anybody how is scheduled...if it is my responsibility, how should i proceed

my ead expires 2nd week of august, so am really concerned.

also wanted to know if there is a premium processing as a back up just in case; if there is one...can u send me the link

appreciate ur help
u_take_it_easy

I actually did go through my lawyer, who sent all the paper work to VSC. This is my 4th EAD and fastest ever approval!

Whilst renewing for EAD, does sending the top portion of the previous EAD approval expedite the processing or have ay positve net effect? I have sent the top portion this time with my renewal.

EAD Renewal got approved

Hello Friends.
My and my Spouse EAD got approved today.
Received date: June-12-2006.
Notice date: June-19-2006.
Hope this info helps to some one.

Congrats mygc_06 !!!

COngrats.

I am still waiting for EAD approval (RD: 6/2/06).

mygc_06 said:
Hello Friends.

mygc_06 said:
Hello Friends.

3RD-EAD APPROVED (Very Fast within a week)
RD: 7 JULY, 2006 (Regular Mail)
ND: 9 JULY, 2006
AD: 12 JULY, 2006