EAD renewal and job change.

njimmig

Hello,

I have my EAD (valid till sept 2010) from a company in NJ. The application is currently in Texas Center.

If I take up a job from a company in Utah, will there be any complications with respect to my EAD renewal. Will my file be transferred from Texas service center as I moved?

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks.

Unlike H1B, EAD is not employer-specific. So not so much complications. But you might want to read up on AC21, which has a lot to do with your job change and I-485, which obviously affects your EAD.

Thanks for your response ZGreen. I am aware of AC21. I should have probably phrased my question a little better.

What I meant to ask was, does USCIS send out RFE's for people moving across states on AC-21 ?? Is this a common thing? A friend of mine mentioned that is a possible scenario.

Would appreciate if people can share their experiences.

Thanks

Thanks for your response ZGreen. I am aware of AC21. I should have probably phrased my question a little better.

What I meant to ask was, does USCIS send out RFE's for people moving across states on AC-21 ?? Is this a common thing? A friend of mine mentioned that is a possible scenario.

Would appreciate if people can share their experiences.

Thanks

It is not common for the USCIS to send RFE if you moved, but no one knows who will receive this RFE and who will not.

Friend of mine moved from detroit to california.He didnt have any problems. He renewed his EAD while he was working at new client(CA). I dont see any issues with changing location.You still be applying to the same service center.Update your address after moved