EAD rejected because of another EAD !

gsivasub

Registered Users (C)
I have an approved EAD based on 140 and 485 from company A. EAD was approved in March 2004. I was laid off from company A and joined company B in April 2004. Since my 140/485 were not approved at the time and 6 months had not passed, Company A said that they will revoke my 140 application.

Now, I have applied for 140/485 using a substitution labor in company B.I also applied for EAD and AP ( RD is June 10 2004).

My attorneys got a letter from USCIS today stating that they are rejecting the EAD pplication of company B since I already have a valid EAD.

My question is
1. If the underlying 140 is revoked does the EAD still remain valid ?
2. If so, can I use the EAD to work for company B ? ( I have applied for a H1 but since it is my 7th year extension not sure if it will be approved).

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

gsivasub said:
Now, I have applied for 140/485 using a substitution labor in company B.I also applied for EAD and AP ( RD is June 10 2004). My attorneys got a letter from USCIS today stating that they are rejecting the EAD pplication of company B since I already have a valid EAD.

I am unsure why you wasted your money applying for another I-485, EAD and AP. You should have just filed another I-140 and requested that your existing adjustment be tied to the new I-140.

Makes me wonder about your attorneys.

Dont I need an approved labor to apply for the I140 ? Plus, I was told that if the previous I140 was revoked, everything else that was based on that application (485, EAD etc) would be denied.