EAD questions...

mgreen

Registered Users (C)
So now that my EAD is in the mail, I can go ahead and start the job hunt, right?

I'm curious do they provide me with a temporary SIN or is this a permanent SIN?

Can I open a joint bank account with my husband as well? before they wouldn't let me because I was a canadian citizen, not us citizen. I realize I'm not a US citizen yet but if I can work in the US shouldn't I be able to open up a bank account?

Just confused and any input would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

So now that my EAD is in the mail, I can go ahead and start the job hunt, right?

Absolutely.

I'm curious do they provide me with a temporary SIN or is this a permanent SIN?

All SSNs are permanent.

before they wouldn't let me because I was a canadian citizen, not us citizen. I realize I'm not a US citizen yet but if I can work in the US shouldn't I be able to open up a bank account?

No, they didn't let you because you didn't have an SSN. Canadians are allowed to open bank accounts here. :)

Oh yes, you're right, I didn't have a US SIN therefore I couldn't open it.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I feel stupid now for asking.

I am so excited to finally work again! woohoo! And hopefully I can get a loan and get a car.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I feel stupid now for asking.

No need to feel stupid for asking.

I am so excited to finally work again! And hopefully I can get a loan and get a car.

One piece of friendly advice; one of the great benefits of coming down here was that we were forced to operate on a cash-only basis for a few years. Getting a car is great; getting a loan is not.

No need to feel stupid for asking.

One piece of friendly advice; one of the great benefits of coming down here was that we were forced to operate on a cash-only basis for a few years. Getting a car is great; getting a loan is not.

That is a great piece of advise if I ever heard one. Don't screw up your credit, if I might add another piece of advise.

waiting for EAD

Hello, I have my biometrics (FP) on 9/6/07 and from going through this website there seems to be a wide variation in the time it takes to get your EAD after this. From 10 days upto 2 months. Does anyone have insight into why this is so ? I have a job all lined up and if this takes 2 months, I probably will lose it:-(
Thanks

Hello, I have my biometrics (FP) on 9/6/07 and from going through this website there seems to be a wide variation in the time it takes to get your EAD after this. From 10 days upto 2 months. Does anyone have insight into why this is so ? I have a job all lined up and if this takes 2 months, I probably will lose it:-(
Thanks

No way you will get your EAD 10 days after fingerprints.. that is INSANELY fast. :eek:

People are getting them around 65-75 days after the filed a petition I-765. So do your math.