EAD Pending for 50+ days! Help

FOR_GC30

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus
Thanks to all of you for the help pprovided through this forum!
I applied for I-140, I485, I-765 and I-131 on 26 January 2007. I got approved for the I140 which was PP. All other form are still pending. I got a code 3 FP for the first week of April. It is more than 50 days since we applied!
My EAD (F1-OPT) expired on January 31st. I am staying here without working, my employer is getting frustrated with the delay on project I worked on!
My questions are:
- What do I have to do to expedite the EAD?
- Is it possible that I get EAD without FP knowing that this is my first EAD?
- How much time does it take to get EAD after FP?
- How do we know that NC and Background check are cleared?
- I am planning to visit home country in July2007 (got tickets), do you think that the AP or GC will be approved by then?
I truly appreciate your help.
Regards
For_GC30

Hi,
There is now way to expedite the EAD sorry, after 60 days you can call and ask. It is not possible to get your EAD without FP, I am pretty sure you got Code 3, theny can't issue and EAD without your fingerprint. In regards to the EAD after FP, it depends on Service center and it depends on the officer , it can be from 5 days to 2 months.
I am pretty sure your AP will be approved by July, you wont have a problem tarveling. My AP got approved in 15 days.

hope this helps
good luck

Thanks...

Thanks tipotodo and all GURUS
When you said your AP was approved 15 days, you meant after FP or after applying?
My forms have LIN #, they are in Nebraska.
By the time I will have to get the FP for the I-485, it will be more than 60 days, you think i have to wait until I have my FP or should I call on the 60 th day!
Do you have an idea of the outcome of such call? what do they tell people? does it really expedite the process?
I can't wait, especially I am running on my patience and my finance is going to the red with no income for almost two months now!!!
Does it affect where we live? I m in California!
I appreciate your help GURUS.
FOR_GC30

Hello

It's been more than 60 days we filled for 485,765. I called 800#, and they are saying I have to wait till 75 days before inquiring about my status. tipotodo you are saying there are ways to expedite EAD after 60 days. Can you please tell me the procedure ?

Thanks in Advance

Thanks tipotodo and all GURUS
When you said your AP was approved 15 days, you meant after FP or after applying?
Let me answer on his behalf; from his signature AP approved 15 days after application and even before FP.

My forms have LIN #, they are in Nebraska.
By the time I will have to get the FP for the I-485, it will be more than 60 days, you think i have to wait until I have my FP or should I call on the 60 th day!

The FP has nothing to do with AP and/or EAD (paper based) approval. I know few rcd their EAD months before FP notice
Do you have an idea of the outcome of such call? what do they tell people? does it really expedite the process?

If you call 100 times, you will get totally different 100 answers and may be misleading information. I just called today and I was told that my service center (Texas) is working on 12/27 and I am still within processing time, 2 days ago, I was told to send an expedite letter and I was given a fax number, 4 days ago (after 60 days exactly), I was told that they made a request for me to expedite the process and give me a number.

I can't wait, especially I am running on my patience and my finance is going to the red with no income for almost two months now!!!
Call, send letters, complain, this is what you, me and others can do!!

Does it affect where we live? I m in California!

Yes, different centers have their own processing dates, but not that much.
I appreciate your help GURUS.
FOR_GC30

No problem. Good luck!!!

Thanks mmed!

I truly appreciate your calrifications.
I would like to ask what sequence of options you selected when you got a costumer rep through USCIS phone call.
I am thinking to call them today!
Also, you mentioned the expedite letter, do you have a template, fax to send it to, mail ....
Thanks in advance.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US!

For_GC30,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I am in the same dillemma. I have my GC pending because it is stuck in FBI name check. Its been more than 18 months since me and my wife (USC who applied for my GC) had interview. Anyways, my issue is my EAD is expiring this monday (3/26) and I applied for renewal on 1/16. Got my FP done on 2/9 and now awaiting for EAD approval. Currently, INS is processing 12/27 and beyond so might take couple of more weeks to get it approved. I talked to like 3 attorneys, they said I can still work as long as my employer HR doesn't have an issue. When I talked to Rajiv this morning on conference call, he said I can't work. I am confused and not sure if I should tell my company about my status :(

Why not use the Premium Processing for I-765.. Please read the below link for more info. Is this true..? http://www.murthy.com/news/n_proexp.html

Premium Processing to Expand : I-140s, I-539s, and I-765s
Posted May 26, 2006
©MurthyDotCom
The USCIS issued a notice in the Federal Register on May 23, 2006 expanding the types of cases that will be eligible for the Premium Processing Service. The current premium processing program provides expedited case review of certain employment-based nonimmigrant cases in exchange for an additional USCIS filing fee of $1,000.

Yea .. I missed expedite processing ... it is so confusing, i just hope my start date of new EAD is same as my End date of my current one.

Any body who had renewed EAD card, did you guys have different start dates?

Why not use the Premium Processing for I-765.. Please read the below link for more info. Is this true..? http://www.murthy.com/news/n_proexp.html

Premium Processing to Expand : I-140s, I-539s, and I-765s
Posted May 26, 2006
©MurthyDotCom
The USCIS issued a notice in the Federal Register on May 23, 2006 expanding the types of cases that will be eligible for the Premium Processing Service. The current premium processing program provides expedited case review of certain employment-based nonimmigrant cases in exchange for an additional USCIS filing fee of $1,000.

I think is going to happen in the near future, once the entire Bispecialization in done. Probably end of this year or 2008, but I still is kind of crazy to pay 1000 dollars for fast EAD. We shall see what USCIS does in the future.

2 questions

No problem. Good luck!!!

You posted:

I just called today and I was told that my service center (Texas) is working on 12/27 and I am still within processing time, 2 days ago, I was told to send an expedite letter and I was given a fax number, 4 days ago (after 60 days exactly), I was told that they made a request for me to expedite the process and give me a number.

2 questions:

1.-- Did you send the expedite letter by fax?
2.-- What happened after 60 days. Did your case move at all? Was the request that customer service sent to TSC for them to expedite you EAD? Have you heard from USCIS at all?

Thanks in advance!

This is so confusing from the memo released by USCIS.
http://www.immigration.com/frame/empbaspreprocefr.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statutory
Designated classification Corresponding employment- description of
within Form I-765 based (EB) immigrant immigrant Visa
Visa classification classification
Aliens whose Form I-485, EB-1 to EB-5 (with Form INA 203(b), 8
Application to Register I-485 pending). U.S.C.
Permanent Residence or 1153(b).
Adjust Status, that is INA 245(a), 8
supported by an employment- U.S.C.
based immigrant visa 1255(a).
petition, is pending with 8 CFR
USCIS and who are requesting 274a.12(c)(9).
a renewal of employment
authorization.

Has anyone aplied for 765/EADRenewal Premium processing based on Employment Based pending 485.?

Thanks.

This is so confusing from the memo released by USCIS.
http://www.immigration.com/frame/empbaspreprocefr.html

Statutory
Designated classification Corresponding employment- description of
within Form I-765 based (EB) immigrant immigrant Visa
Visa classification classification
Aliens whose Form I-485, EB-1 to EB-5 (with Form INA 203(b), 8
Application to Register I-485 pending). U.S.C.
Permanent Residence or 1153(b).
Adjust Status, that is INA 245(a), 8
supported by an employment- U.S.C.
based immigrant visa 1255(a).
petition, is pending with 8 CFR
USCIS and who are requesting 274a.12(c)(9).
a renewal of employment
authorization.

Has anyone aplied for 765/EADRenewal Premium processing based on Employment Based pending 485.?

Thanks.

I found the entire document, too long to post here. Try clicking on this link and read on:

http://www.uscis.gov/propub/DocView/frid/1/1555/1584

Nothing we can do yet. Just wait patiently at home ... :(

You posted:

I just called today and I was told that my service center (Texas) is working on 12/27 and I am still within processing time, 2 days ago, I was told to send an expedite letter and I was given a fax number, 4 days ago (after 60 days exactly), I was told that they made a request for me to expedite the process and give me a number.

2 questions:

1.-- Did you send the expedite letter by fax? Actually I am tired from this game and did not fax anything yet.2.-- What happened after 60 days. Did your case move at all? Was the request that customer service sent to TSC for them to expedite you EAD? Have you heard from USCIS at all? I did not hear any thing from the USCIS regarding this request and the LUD is the same, I think they handle thousands of those requests and it will take sometime to respond As I understand it, the 60 Days is something internal and we can not make anything except after 90 days where we can take an Infopass.
Thanks in advance!

Thanks! and Good luck