EAD On hold since Feb'2005

ramki1975

Registered Users (C)
I filed my 485, 140, EAD together in Nov'2004 from VSC
I-140 Approved on Jan 17.
Finger prints done March 2005
After 4 months didn't receive EAD and went to the local INS to get Interim EAD. They said that my EAD & 485 both are put on Hold from Feb'2005 onwards . I called USCIS and told them the situation and they sent an inquiry on my case. They said it would take another 30 days for the INS to respond to the enquiry. I haven't received anything even after 30 days.

Gurus, please tell me what options do i have now. Has anyone gone through such situations these days?
Is calling a Congressman a viable option?
can my lawyer help me in this situation? My consulting company wants to keep me away from him.

Please let me know if there are any success stories.

Really appreciate all your help.

What does your online status show...?

Does it say that its on hold or it says other normal message.

Transfered to another office

On 26th April, I called the INS and informed them that my application was put on hold. I was told that they are sending an enquiry and in another 3-4 weeks i should receive some letter.
After 4 weeks I received a letter saying that your EAD application processing is delayed as they have sent the request to another office for more clarification. It doesn't specify what is the exact problem.

Please let me know if anyone is in the same boat.

papers MIA?

I filed my I-765 for my EAD on September 10th, and I still have no heard from them. I have put in several requests for inquirys, and written letters to the director as I was directed to.
Does anyone ahve any suggestions for me with this?
30 - 90 days? Try 8 months.
Now I can't even seem to book an appointment at the Tampa office, as they say none are available. I also tried Orlando, and under several different reasons.
Suggestions anyone?

similar situation

Ramki1975, guys,
My case is also on hold because they are waiting for some information from another office. It looks like FBI name check ?

It has been more than 5 months since I have applied for EAD and AP.

Please keep posted on any changes

Thanks,

Hey justy & guys

I haven't heard anything so far on my EAD. Upon calling the VSC they said that i will have to wait another 60-90 days to know the status. I am not sure how much more time i will have to wait.
Justy, how did you come to know that the problem here is FBI name check? Did you receive any letter from their office? Please let know what can i do to know more about my case. Will contacting the congressman be of any use?

Please update the forum if any one has updates.

cannot work, iEAD not issued as SFO I485 case is transferred to NJ ...

- never been out of status for a single day.

- entered USA on Apr 95, on H1B - Atlanta, GA. (worked for four months, in West Coulmbia, SC, never visited New Jersey.)

- moved to SFO Bay Area, California on Sep 95, worked and lived here since.

- employer filed I-140 in CA Service center and was approved, receipt - Jan 2001, Notice - Feb 2001.

- employer filed I-485 in CA Service center, receipt - Dec 2001.

- worked on EADs and got APs. (but never used any of the APs).

- my I-485 was transferred to Newark, NJ in Apr 2004, by CA service center.

- employer sent a letter to Newark, NJ office on May 2004 to send the case back to SFO (incorrect wrong jurisdiction) - so far no response.

- initially employer filed for AP in Nov 2004, to SFO local office and they rejected/not accept as I-485 case file is not here.

- then employer filed for AP in Jan 2005, to CA service center, that office transferred the AP also to Newark, NJ. (sic.)

- then employer filed for EAD in Jan 2005, to CA service center.

- in March 2005, CA service letter sent I-797C, saying some processing done and transferred to SFO local office for interview.

- employer sent a letter to Newark, NJ office on Mar 2005 to send the case back to SFO, as processing time is almost 40 months and incorrect wrong jurisdiction - so far no response.

- when I went to SFO office, they are not issuing me EAD. (not even interim EAD). (sic.)

What is wrong here ??? What should I do ?

I-797C - Transfer letter from California Service Center states for AOS/I-485 - start letter - Receipt -

Dec 2001, notice - Apr 2004.

"This is to notify you that we have transferred the above application or petition to the INS office at :

Peter J. Rodino Federal Building, 970 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102

We transferred this case because the record indicates that office has jurisdiction over this case. That office will notify you of subsequent action taken on this case. Any further inquiries should be made to that office."

end letter.

I-797C - Transfer letter from California Service Center states for AP-I131 - start letter - Receipt - Jan

2005, notice - Mar 2005.

"This is to advise you that in order to speed processing we have transferred the above case to the following INS office for processing.

Peter J. Rodino Federal Building, 970 Broad Street, Newark, NJ 07102

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office."

end letter.

Contact Newark Office

Karuna,

You should contact Newark Office for iEAD, they might process it

Guys
Does anybody have any updates as to why EAD's are on hold, my EAD has been on HOLD since Feb 2005, i have opened enquiries twice but of no help, i called the USCIS customer service and they do not have any information.
Please guys, if someone has any kind of information please share.

Thanks

Guys,

Last month upon enquiring on the EAD status, i received a letter stating that
"processing on your application has been delayed. It has been sent to another office for more information. The case will resume after anything is heard from other office"

Below there is a general FINAL NOTE
Report of Change of address using AR-11

Just a thought.
Guys, do you think that the other office is the one that checks if the Address is correct or whether we have reported about our Change of address via AR-11 form.

Please shed more light

Ramki

From where u filed for EAD.. is it pre-approved labour from an Edison based company, who publically gave ad in sulekha about pre-approved labour....

Yes, I think I belong to that Edison NJ company

I filed everything concurrently in Dec 2004 and so far no approvals, everything on hold.
Do you think USCIS can stop processing certain company ?

Any advise, suggestions ? It is really frustrating

Last edited by a moderator:
In the same boat

I filed for my I-485/EAD/AP with RD Feb 2005. Still have not heard of my AP and EAD. Tried enquiry..came with standard response...case under review.

Any updates

Guys does anyone have any updates ? "justy" ,did you get any more info on your EAD and AP, i am also from the same NJ based company and looks like everyones applications from that company are put on hold as i know of couple of other guys in the same situation .I know of others guys who have applied from other companies and everyone have received their EAD's and AP's.
:mad:

I hope we are not in any big trouble.

I am also from the NJ based company and my case was also filed concurrently using eb2 pre-approved labor and i am waiting for my EAD/AP, though mine was filed in first week of may'05. lets keep our fingures crossed and hope it gets through for all of us.

forgot to post here, please contact your local congressman with all your documents

exhaust all your options, letters, personal visits (infopass is logged in the computer and your purpose of visit at the counter with the immigration officer is also logged in the USCIS computer.)

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=177684

also in the USCIS info phone no, you can ask for status query since the processing had taken more than the usual processing time. (I got to check with them myself about my case query.)

I used to be so proud (mistaken as arrogant) for being technically talented and hard working and to be in USA. (now I feel like a piece of shit after these treatments.) (sic.)

hope this helps.

EAD on hold due to Security check on 485

Guys,

I contacted the Vermont office on phone and they told me that my 485 application was sent to the another office (obviously FBI) for Security check and they can't grant me EAD or iEAD unless this check is over.
My lawyer says that that she never heard about denial of EAD because the application goes for Security check.

FBI security checks are very time consuming .. people have waited Years together to get it cleared.
So guys, looks like i can forget my EAD.

Please update if anyone has more information.

Thanks

If you have filed thru Cybersoftec than you should get the EAD unless there is a problem with your background. As far as i know, my friend recieved EAD thru that company this week, and he started working already on EAD.

grlfrmnj1
What could be possibly wrong with the background ??? I know of many guys files through the above mentioned company and have not received anything since the last 8 months. I dont know how your friend has received his/her EAD ? everyone is getting the standar answer that their applications are on HOLD ? Where did your friend file from ? Which service center ??? When was it filed and what were the LUD's on the application.