EAD is Expiring. Need immediate Advice

bagalkot

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My EAD is expiring on July 7th. I had applied for EAD renewal April 5th (Receipt date April7th). I got RFE and INS received my RFE documents on June 15th and I have not heard anything from them yet.

Can I get an Interim EAD ? I called INS national customer service and they said since RFE was raised, you cannot get Interim EAD.

I will definitely go to INS Service center but if they dont issue Interim EAD, please let me know what should I do next.

Thanks,
Bagalkot

IEAD for cases with RFE

Hi,

I searhed documents on USCIS.gov website. None of the document I found speak about EAD with RFE cannot get IEAD.

The following link has FAQ's on EAD and it says
Interim EAD: If USCIS does not approve or deny your EAD application within 90 days (within 30 days for an asylum applicant; note: asylum applicants are eligible to file for EADs only after waiting 150 days from the date they filed their properly completed original asylum applications), you may request an interim EAD document.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/ead.htm#faq

This means I can request for IEAD.

bagalkot said:
Hi,

I searhed documents on USCIS.gov website. None of the document I found speak about EAD with RFE cannot get IEAD.

Interim EAD: If USCIS does not approve or deny your EAD application within 90 days (within 30 days for an asylum applicant; note: asylum applicants are eligible to file for EADs only after waiting 150 days from the date they filed their properly completed original asylum applications), you may request an interim EAD document.
--------------- IT DOES NOT SAY THAT IF YOU HAVE RFE you will get iEAD

---Try, you will not get iEAD if RFE is pending or just recieved by USCIS and has not accepted the RFE responce. you have to stop working the day EAD expires.

My case status

Hi Ginnu,

My case status is as follows. Do you think I will get IEAD or not ? Thanks.
Current Status:
On June 15, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 120 and 120 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Some one from my office in Houston got the EAD with Pending RFE. That too with less then 90 days from his ND. You never know.
You can go to loacl office and try it.
All The best.

bagalkot said:
Hi,

If an RFE is issued on your EAD petition that means the 90 day clock has stopped on your EAD application.

In the Same Boat

I am in the same boat! My EAD will expire 07/10/04. My renewal application is pending at TSC since 04/08/04.

I don't know what to do!

Please advise!

Got IEAD

I got IEAD issued at San Jose USCIS office.
My RFE was minor just asked for new Photographs.
Though the officer mentioned that the 90 days clock resets after they receive the RFE documents, since I told him my current EAD expries on July 7th, he issued me IEAD.

bagalkot said:
I got IEAD issued at San Jose USCIS office.
My RFE was minor just asked for new Photographs.
Though the officer mentioned that the 90 days clock resets after they receive the RFE documents, since I told him my current EAD expries on July 7th, he issued me IEAD.

Cool ... Good move .... instead of cursing your fate ... you made it by visiting the local INS ..... great .... many will be relieved by your IEAD success ...

- Jha

Last edited by a moderator:
Like said:
I am in the same boat! My EAD will expire 07/10/04. My renewal application is pending at TSC since 04/08/04.

I don't know what to do!

Please advise!

Go for iEAD ASAP ... it is already over 90 days ....
do it ASAP ... who knows ... may get RFE and the as..ho..s at Customer Service/Local INS may cry RFE issued so no iEAD ....
Better hurry than repent ....

- Jha

Interim EAD

Hello folks, Just joined this forum hoping I would get some answers and tips to the problem I'm facing. PLEASE HELP.
My EAD expires Aug 09 04. I went to the local INS office on July 9th since my 90 days was up June 16 th. After waiting for hours in the line, the official informed me that a RFI was sent on June 20th (I later checked the case status online and saw that a letter was sent the same day by INS requesting more information). The official would not give me an interim EAD until the INS receives the information back from me. So I'm kinda stuck. The official could not tell me what information the INS has requested (did not have access to the Database). Checked with my attorney as to what it might be. He thinks it might be a copy of drivers license or a photo. I've still not received the letter and I'm kind of anxious to know if anyone in the forum has experienced this. If so, I would appreciate them to please reply to this post or send me an email to shanky1972@yahoo.com

Thanks for all your help.

Hello Mr. Bagalkot, I'm also in the same situation as you were earlier. I got a RFE for my EAD renewal from VSC. MY EAD expires 08/09/04. I had been to the Local INS office before I even knew about my RFE and the adjudicating officer told me the same that they cant issue anInterim EAD because of EAD. I've submitted new set of photos which the RFE has asked for. Can you tell me,
1) How long it took for INS to update their web site after u sent the photos.
2) After how many days after u found out on the web site, did you go to teh local INS office

3) how did u approach for the interim EAD. Can you describe in steps, what docs u took, any letter from the employer and what Q's were asked at the counter and such.

Please.

In anticiaption of ur reply.
my email is shanky1972@yahoo.com

Thanks

Iead

Hi,

I had mailed my photographs on June 7th and the USCIS website showed me update on June 15th. Since I have registered my case in the website, I received email about this update on the same day (15th).

I went to San Jose INS office at 6.00 am in the morning on July 6th. Got my IEAD at 3.00 pm.
When I was called, I just asked the officer that I need IEAD and showed my original I-765 receipt. Then officer looked at my case in his system and told me that an RFE was sent to you. I told yes and I have already submitted the documents (photos) asked in RFE and INS have received them on June15th.
He asked me to show the copy of RFE, I showed. He then talked to his supervisor and then he told me he will issue me IEAD and asked me to show more documents like I-140....
Following are the documents he referred before issuing IEAD
1. Original I-765 receipt
2. Copy of RFE
3. Copy of I-140 Approval
4. Copy of I-485 receipt
5. Original Passport
6. Original I-94 document
7. Original EAD that was going to expire (my case was EAD extension)

Thanks Bagalkot

Many Thanks Bagalkot.
I'm just curious as to why you waited till July 6th to go the Local INS office and get ur IEAD even thought ur case status was updated June 15th. I just want to know if I should do the same.
did u file for renewal at the CSC?

Thanks again.

July6th was the 91st day

July6th was the 91st day that is the reason I went on that day and my EAD was expiring on July 7th. My planning was very risky one and JIT.