EAD is expiring before renweal date

sizzu

Registered Users (C)
Hi GURUS,

Can somebody let me know what should I do in this case? My EAD will be expiring in another 45 days. I've applied for renewal couple of days back. Looks like VSC is slow in processing EAD's. Do I've to quit my current job in case of i dont get new EAD before the expiration date? or can I continue working ? I read somewhere that there is 180 days grace period. But my lawyer said, I've to leave my job. Please let me know what are my options.
Thanks

sizzu said:
Hi GURUS,

Can somebody let me know what should I do in this case? My EAD will be expiring in another 45 days. I've applied for renewal couple of days back. Looks like VSC is slow in processing EAD's. Do I've to quit my current job in case of i dont get new EAD before the expiration date? or can I continue working ? I read somewhere that there is 180 days grace period. But my lawyer said, I've to leave my job. Please let me know what are my options.
Thanks

if its past 90 days since you applied for your EAd, you might be able to get an interim EAD

I do not have 90 days. Mine will expire in 60 days. What are my options?
Can i legally work? or do I've to quit my current job..

Gurus.
please help

Are you done with your biometrics for your EAD?
You might have to take a month off from work.
I would try going to the local office and seeing if they would
give you an interim EAD a day before or after your EAD expires.

goodluck.

expired ead

I am in the same boat, my ead has expired but I am still working with abig company. I think card will arrive in a week or two. I just got done my biometrics and had applied for renewal last week of Nov05. Can someone share their experiences similar to my situation if there will be any implication in such cases?

me2frustoo said:
I am in the same boat, my ead has expired but I am still working with abig company. I think card will arrive in a week or two. I just got done my biometrics and had applied for renewal last week of Nov05. Can someone share their experiences similar to my situation if there will be any implication in such cases?

me2frustoo,

I am not trying to burst your bubble or anything but how can you be positive that your card will arrive in 1 or 2 weeks.

When did your last EAD expire?

minn_labor,
my ead expired on 01/13/06 and I got the bio done same day i.e.01/13. I am jus guessing as from the other ppls's responses that I will not take longer if it's been held up due to bio results. LUD on i-765 was 01/12/2006. Can you think of any serious or mild consequences for my situation? I have already had my i-485 interview done.

me2frustoo said:
Mine is family based i-485 and I am not canadian, is this 245K applicable to me?

Your nationality is not relevant, but the fact that you are not employment-based does make a difference. Is this truly family-based, or are you filing your I-485 as an immediate relative?

me2frustoo said:
minn_labor,
my ead expired on 01/13/06 and I got the bio done same day i.e.01/13. I am jus guessing as from the other ppls's responses that I will not take longer if it's been held up due to bio results. LUD on i-765 was 01/12/2006. Can you think of any serious or mild consequences for my situation? I have already had my i-485 interview done.

see if you can defer your pay until you can get your EAD.
I don't think you are in a pickle because your EAD expired on Sat and you have been working for 1-2 days after that, depending on whether or not you had a holiday on MLK.

when did you file for your EAD?

didn't have holiday on MLK, applied for renewal on 11/29/05. I cant think of any issues if assuming my card arrives within this month and company doesn't catch me.

Hi Real canadian,

Can I use 245K? Mine is employment based Green card and my EAD will be expiring in march. I'm not sure if i get renewal before that. Please let me know.

Hi Minn_labour,

I did not get my biometricos done. When would I get request for that?
Is it applicable for every body? Would it delay my EAD processs time?

me2frustoo said:
i-485 is based on marriage. Any advice will be appreciated.

Marriage to whom? If it's a GC holder (and therefore FB2) then no. If you're married to a US citizen (and therefore an immediate relative) you could work illegally for the next 25 years with no penalty.

TheRealCanadian said:
Marriage to whom? If it's a GC holder (and therefore FB2) then no. If you're married to a US citizen (and therefore an immediate relative) you could work illegally for the next 25 years with no penalty.

Real Canadian,
I am married to a USC (US citizen) and I don't think u can work illegally even if u r married to USC. Otherwise, why would we need to apply/get EAD when i-485 is pending with an year of expiration date. Please clarify.

ead based on c 09 married to USC

real canadian, how you come after this term of 25 years please xplain, miin labor what happned to your status can u update, I am in similar situation , any commments are helpfull,renew ead applied current one expired, still working married to USC, please guys advise fast? thanks a bunch

If your employer doesn't notice and you have already applied for the card then it will be likely be a couple of months and you will probably be OK. The onus is on your employer to determine your employment eligibility so they can be penalized if you are working illegally. Its a point worth bearing in mind depending on your relationship with your employer.

If your employer notices then you probably have to do what they suggest which will generally be to take an unpaid leave of absence.