EAD is Expiring and filed the renewal very late

punjabidude27

Registered Users (C)
I need guidence what I can do and what I can't.

My EAD will expire on Sept 05,2006. I applied for renewal on Aug 14,2006 (RD) at VSC. I'm live in Boston. I've pending I485 with RD of Jul 14,2005 with VSC. I was not aware that I've to file for renewal of EAD before 90 days. Yesterday I was going through the threads and found out that I'll lose job If I'm not able to produce new EAD on Sept 5,2006. Is this a true statement??
I've not been contacted by my company HR and they have not asked for it yet thats why I don't want to ask this question with my HR

What can I do to avoid this or it is too late and I'll lose the job. Please Let me know my options

Thanks
Pankaj

punjabidude27 said:

My EAD will expire on Sept 05,2006. I applied for renewal on Aug 14,2006 (RD) at VSC.
-----------big mistake, one should file for EAD 4 months advance so that one can get EAD on time
I'm live in Boston. I've pending I485 with RD of Jul 14,2005 with VSC.

I was not aware that I've to file for renewal of EAD before 90 days.
------------ you need to be aware of your status and documents
Yesterday I was going through the threads and found out that I'll lose job If I'm not able to produce new EAD on Sept 5,2006. Is this a true statement??
---------------- yes, you cant work if you dont have valid EAD in hand
I've not been contacted by my company HR and they have not asked for it yet thats why I don't want to ask this question with my HR

What can I do to avoid this or it is too late and I'll lose the job. Please Let me know my options
----------- dont be on payroll from the date EAD expires. others may guide you
Thanks
Pankaj

punjabidude27 said:

My EAD will expire on Sept 05,2006. I applied for renewal on Aug 14,2006 (RD) at VSC. I'm live in Boston. I've pending I485 with RD of Jul 14,2005 with VSC. I was not aware that I've to file for renewal of EAD before 90 days. Yesterday I was going through the threads and found out that I'll lose job If I'm not able to produce new EAD on Sept 5,2006. Is this a true statement??

Thanks
Pankaj

To let you know that i heard EADs are coming pretty fast now a days. I and my wife applied on Jul 24th and we both got ours. You have hope so don't worry.

I also heard on average it is taking 20 - 25 days for EADs so you can cross your fingers and wait.

My HR had no clue, I asked the question from my HR today if there is any issue if my renewed EAD doesnot arrive before my existing expires. They replied me back saying there is no issue. Now I want to keep shut and cross my fingers.
But one real question if there is a gap between dates of expire of EAD and renewed date DOES THIS EFFECTS THE I485 PROCESSING.

How about 245(k) law?

Ginnu, could you comment on why punjabidude27 cannot take advantage of 245(k) law which allows Employment Based 485 applicants to do unauthorized work for less than 180 days and continue to work on expired EAD until he gets a new one? I am in the similar situation and my attorny is recommending me to continue working on expired EAD as long as I get a new one within 180 days.

Vail when did you get approved

just for my time reference.

You applied on July 24 th - when was it approved.

Thx

va_il said:
To let you know that i heard EADs are coming pretty fast now a days. I and my wife applied on Jul 24th and we both got ours. You have hope so don't worry.

I also heard on average it is taking 20 - 25 days for EADs so you can cross your fingers and wait.