EAD (I-765) Denied

aspdotnet

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
I have got this letter when Iam trying renew my EAD card.
I got a receipt that it was filed on September 7.
couple of days ago I got a letter from NSC stated that My application was denied..
here is their reason in the letter

Title 8 Code of Federal Regulations,Part 274a.12(a)(5) allows for the authorization of employment to:

An alien granted asylum under section 208 of the act for the period of time in status, as evidenced by an employment authorization document issued by the Service;
The applicant did not provide evidence that he was granted Asylum Status at the time of filing form I-765. Electronic Service Records do not show Asylum Status.
Therefore, upon consideration, this aplication is hereby denied.
There is no appeal to this decision.
The denial is without prejudice to the filing of an Application for Employment Authorization under any category for which you may qualify.

looks like I filled the application with wrong information.
what should I do now..Can I reaply for EAD..? or need to followup on this?
currently Iam on H1 not EAD..I-140 is pending..
Please advice me...

I-140 RD - 11/07/03
I-485 RD - 11/09/03
EAD/AP - 12/20/03
FP - 05/25/04

aspdotnet said:
Hello all,
I have got this letter when Iam trying renew my EAD card.
I got a receipt that it was filed on September 7.
couple of days ago I got a letter from NSC stated that My application was denied..
here is their reason in the letter

Title 8 Code of Federal Regulations,Part 274a.12(a)(5) allows for the authorization of employment to:

An alien granted asylum under section 208 of the act for the period of time in status, as evidenced by an employment authorization document issued by the Service;
The applicant did not provide evidence that he was granted Asylum Status at the time of filing form I-765. Electronic Service Records do not show Asylum Status.
Therefore, upon consideration, this aplication is hereby denied.
There is no appeal to this decision.
The denial is without prejudice to the filing of an Application for Employment Authorization under any category for which you may qualify.

looks like I filled the application with wrong information.
what should I do now..Can I reaply for EAD..? or need to followup on this?
currently Iam on H1 not EAD..I-140 is pending..
Please advice me...

I-140 RD - 11/07/03
I-485 RD - 11/09/03
EAD/AP - 12/20/03
FP - 05/25/04
--------------- As it is your fault providing wrong info on I-765 form, better file new EAD application with correct info and dont efile, send by mail, if confused ask any question to fill up the form or documents to be attached

Thanks ginnu
I have a question in the application fill up..
at the bottom of the application do I need to mention about Initial receipt,resubmitted,relocated,completed.
Because it was denial of earlier..
Do I need to explain in the covering letter even though I attach the denial letter which INS sent..?
Plz help me out this