EAD form fill help

NIW-Nov 04

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have few queries regarding filling EAD (I-765) form. I obtained my and my wifes first EAD with

the help of attorney. This time we are filling without the help of attorney. This is our second

EAD application. I have never used my EAD for work. I have approved/valid H1B up 2007. However,

my wife uses her EAD to work and also has an approved H4 visa up to 2007.

I would like to know certain details regarding filling up the form..

My questions are...

1) What is the immigration status of my wife?
2) Do we need to enter both, the Alien # and the I-94 # in I-765 form?
3) Which USCIS Center did I apply and DATE? I know I applied to Texas Service Center but what to

put in the date section? Would this date be the date printed on the form which came along with

the first EAD card? Please clarify?

Thank you very in advance.

Best,

NIW-Nov 04 said:
Hello,

I have few queries regarding filling EAD (I-765) form. I obtained my and my wifes first EAD with

the help of attorney. This time we are filling without the help of attorney. This is our second

EAD application. I have never used my EAD for work. I have approved/valid H1B up 2007. However,

my wife uses her EAD to work and also has an approved H4 visa up to 2007.

I would like to know certain details regarding filling up the form..

My questions are...

1) What is the immigration status of my wife?
----------- pending AOS
2) Do we need to enter both, the Alien # and the I-94 # in I-765 form?
--------------yes
3) Which USCIS Center did I apply and DATE? I know I applied to Texas Service Center but what to

put in the date section? Would this date be the date printed on the form which came along with

the first EAD card? Please clarify?
------------------ if you applied past EAD with Texas service center then write Texas service center , the EAD approval date is on EAD write that date
also attach the copy of past EAD(front and back) so that they can look at it
** **also attach the TOP sheet that came with EAD
*** dont forget to your your name A# DOB at back side of photographs with pencil
** send color copy of your DL and color copy of your passport first page that has your name, DOB, photograph
*Attach separate fees check on each application package and send photographs with separate envelope with each package and on envelope having photographs write in big letters photographs for EAD write your name, DOB, A# pending I-485#
Thank you very in advance.

Best,

Hi Ginnu,
I didnt put the Alien Registration number on the I-765 form, thinking that this is for people who need special registration.
I have attached all the documents
· Check in the amount of $175 for the filing fee.
· Form I-765 in duplicate with two photographs.
· Copy of I-485 filing receipt notice.
· Copy of I-140 approval notice.
· Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card and latest H1B approval notice.
· Copy of front/back of last EAD with the Mailer.
· Color Copy of driver’s license.
· Color copy of passport’s biographic page.
· Copy of Birth certificate.

I hope they dont send an RFE for just the A# number.

Is this list of documents good enough.

thanks
avi_gc.

avi_gc said:
Hi Ginnu,
I didnt put the Alien Registration number on the I-765 form, thinking that this is for people who need special registration.
------------- you need to write A# as you have A#. now they have to check it from your EAD copy or I-485 filing reciept copy

· Copy of front and back of I-94 arrival/departure card and latest H1B approval notice.

thanks
avi_gc.

Hi Ginnu,

Can you please post the mailing address for the paper-based EAD and AP filings? My service center is NSC.

Is it okay to put EAD and AP applications in the same envelope?
Or can I put them in separate envelopes, put these two envelopes in another envelope and mail the applications as a single package? Thanks.

tv1 said:
Hi Ginnu,

Can you please post the mailing address for the paper-based EAD and AP filings? My service center is NSC.
----------- go to USCIS main page then look for service center NSC and on NSC site find the address for sending form I-765 and I-131
Is it okay to put EAD and AP applications in the same envelope?
-NO
Or can I put them in separate envelopes,
--YES
put these two envelopes in another envelope and mail the applications as a single package?
-no
Thanks.

Are these docs mandatory?

avi_gc said:
Hi Ginnu,

thanks
avi_gc.

Hi,
Are these DL and Birth Certificates are mandatory ?
if yes.. where did it mention in the form I-765 ?

I appreciate ur reply.

Thanks,

NSCfiler said:
Hi,
Are these DL and Birth Certificates are mandatory ?

if yes.. where did it mention in the form I-765 ?
--nothing on form but they need color copy of DL and passport first page copy, they started asking for this about 1 year back. why take the chance and get RFE?
I appreciate ur reply.

Thanks,
Birth Certificates is not mandatory , send the color copy of DL and first page of your passport that has name, DOB, photograph on it , if you dont send then service center may send RFE

Thanks ginnu

Thanks for your response ginnu .

Actually this is for for my wife and she doesn't have her DL yet.

At present we are staying (temporarily) in VSC zone and our 485 is pending in NSC. I am still maintaining the permanent address in IL (NSC zone).

Is it O.K if I send her CT State ID or just skip this document ?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks again

NSCfiler said:
Thanks for your response ginnu .

Actually this is for for my wife and she doesn't have her DL yet.

At present we are staying (temporarily) in VSC zone and our 485 is pending in NSC. I am still maintaining the permanent address in IL (NSC zone).
----------- write that address on EAD form if some one is at that address to get your mail
Is it O.K if I send her CT State ID or just skip this document ?
----------- I think DL copy is not for address it is just to match DOB, photo, Name.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks again

Thanks every one. EAD approved without any problems. Both for me and my wife withing 14 days after sending to TSC.

Best,

Congrats NIW-NOV.
Does anyone know how long is it taking now days to approve EAD renewals at VSC. I filed my application on 15th Sept, received the receipt on 26th. I know its a bit early for me to ask, but just wondering how much time it is taking currently.

thanks
avi_gc

If i plan to renew EAD by paper, i don't have to go to local ASC for biometrics taken correct? Could someone pl clarify. This is my first time doing paper filing.