EAD for derivative Asylee

han.slon

Hello,

Does the derivative asylee (granted together with primary applicant) get the initial 2 years free EAD?

Is there any official hotline where Asylee can call for general questions or specific questions? We have called to the support officer mentioned in the approval letter several times for 2 weeks. But we haven't got hold of her and never got a call back. The receiptionist is also not so helpful. She just can't do anything other than transferring to that officer line. Not even to say whether the officer is IN or NOT. :(

I really appreciate any input, folks.

I believe s/he does.

I'm a derivative asylee myself and I received an EAD card (valid for two years ) that I filed after my case was approved.

Good luck.

Thanks for your reply The.Walker. Did you have to apply for that 2 years initial EAD?

The approval letter says that the EAD will be automatically generated and sent to us without any cost to us. But as we have received only 1 for principal applicant, we are wondering that auto-generated Card is applicable for the principal applicant. PLEASE help me, any other members with similar experience and knowledge.

yap..i think EAD is automatically issued onlyto primary applicant..i got ead card and my wife(derivative) doesn't get one..

It depends on how the derivative benefit is granted (at the same time along with the principal or through an approved I-730).

It depends on how the derivative benefit is granted (at the same time along with the principal or through an approved I-730).

it was together with principal applicant thankful.

Did you have to apply for it for your wife, tous? Did you have to include the fee if so?

I appreciate your inputs, folks. Again, if you know any number where asylee can call for general question or case specific question, please let me know.

it was together with principal applicant thankful.

Did you have to apply for it for your wife, tous? Did you have to include the fee if so?

I appreciate your inputs, folks. Again, if you know any number where asylee can call for general question or case specific question, please let me know.

By the Asylum Office?

I do have the number to the office where we were granted. But I am wondering if there is a number like Asylum Service Center or something like helpline for Asylee. :eek:

You mentioned it depends. What would be the case for us (applied together and granted together in the same application)?

my wife is a derivative asylee. I applied for EAD for her and they sent us EAD with 1 year validity. Can I request USCIS to change it to 2 yrs validity?

I understand asylee are entitled to work by thier status. but sometime silly employer's go crazy when we don't have valid EAD.