EAD for auto registration/DL

shankyyy

Registered Users (C)
Is there harm in using EAD to get auto registration/drivers license (state of OH) without affecting H-1B status? I am working on H-1B, my 6th yr H-1B expires on Christmas day this year, and 7th yr H-1B still pending.
Thanks.

Is there harm in using EAD to get auto registration/drivers license (state of OH) without affecting H-1B status? I am working on H-1B, my 6th yr H-1B expires on Christmas day this year, and 7th yr H-1B still pending.
Thanks.

No harrm at all. The DMV is not part of homeland security and it is just piece of document to issue DL and will be issued it to the last day before expiration of EAD only.

-thx. got my regn renewed just showing my DL. if 7ht yr H-1b comes thru' before DL expires, well n good. else will have no choice but to use EAD for DL and even to work!

-thx. got my regn renewed just showing my DL. if 7ht yr H-1b comes thru' before DL expires, well n good. else will have no choice but to use EAD for DL and even to work!

By the pending H renewal, you do not need to use your EAD to wok. The pending H by itself is enough to keep you in H even if the extension delayed beyond the expiration date.