EAD Expiring..Gurus Plz help

Raj_2003_2003

Registered Users (C)
My wife got a job recently(6/14) and situation is that her EAD is getting expired on 07/09/2004. I applied for renewal on 06/01/04(I couldn't apply earlier as she was in India). Her employer needed Social Security Number and the state ID. Though she had mentioned on her application that her EAD will expire on 7/9, she got the job and they have not asked about it since then.

From some of the readings I did, she is not supposed to work after 7/9. I wanted make sure if this is correct and Please let me know if there is a way she can continue to work? Will it cause any problems for my GC process. Please suggest.

Thanks
Raj

In the same boat

MY EAD will expire 07/10/04. My renewal application is pending since 04/08/04!

Don't know what to do!

Any insights! Do I need to stop working after the 10th of July until I receive a renewal from INS?

It is illegal to work after EAD expires. The employer is supposed to track expiration dates and request a current EAD.

Raj_2003_2003 said:
My wife got a job recently(6/14) and situation is that her EAD is getting expired on 07/09/2004. I applied for renewal on 06/01/04(I couldn't apply earlier as she was in India).
----- EAD CAN BE APPLIED for renewal even if the applicant is not in US.
Her employer needed Social Security Number and the state ID.
---That is correct she needs Valid EAD and SSN for work
Though she had mentioned on her application that her EAD will expire on 7/9,
---do you think USCIS care if you write the expiry date? they know from Copy of your EAD expiry date, do you think EAD copy has no expiry date??
she got the job and they have not asked about it since then.
------ She should stop working after EAD expires
From some of the readings I did, she is not supposed to work after 7/9.
----that is correct, she may get iEAD after 90 days of RD of EAD filing date from local USCIS office( if no RFE for EAD)
I wanted make sure if this is correct and Please let me know if there is a way she can continue to work?
---She should NOT work after EAD expires
Will it cause any problems for my GC process.
------ if she works with out Valid EAD then problems mainly for her I-485 and it can delay or create problems in GC. dont work till get valid EAD in Hand, stop work the day EAD expires
Please suggest.

Thanks
Raj

HI,
This is what a friend of mine did.

His employer is an Indian and my friend works at a client site. His EAd expired and informed his employer and what they plan is, my friend will continue to work at client site and till he gets his EAD, his employer will not run the pay rol. He got his ead aftee 40 days and hsi employer started running the pay rol

No way ins will know about this as there is no payrol being run.

See if ur wife is in same situation. I know what I suggested is not a good thing but we will know the pain when we get into the situation like this and thus suggesting it.