EAD Expired - no ways to found out

Kandu04

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,
My EAD has been expired six days (by 10/17/08) ago after its 1st time issuance. It was expired 87 days after filing my EAD extension. Tried all sorts, as follows:
- 4 days before the expiry (ie 84 days after filing I-765), walked into Local USCIS office, I was advised to come after 90 days. No use even requsted them about card expiring within 3 days. Same day sent over the night delivery letter and Fax to NSC requesting to expedite the case;
- 1 day before EAD expiry: again visited Local USCIS office with InfoPass. They talked to Nebraska Service Center (NSC) to expedite the case.
- On the same above the day, called Congressman Office and explained the situation. Asked me to fax the details.(follow up below);
- On Expiration day (10/17) called Mr.Rajiv's office (Thanks so much to Mr.Rajiv and his team) for advise. At this point approach the Congressman and call Service Center, stay away from work i.e. not to go to work.
- On 10/20 (2 days after expire of EAD) called NSC and played back the case including USCIS office visits. Opened Service Request.
- On 10/21 (3 days after expire) visited 3rd time at local office. They did call 2nd time to Service Center, this time the file is assigned to imm.officer at NSC.
- Got phone call on 10/21 from Congressman Office stating that they got feedback from NSC that they are conducting background check.
- Called 2nd time to NSC customer service (10/22), no updates
- Today (10/23) visited 4th time to local office with a copy of 'Ombudsman Report' wherein point 3 states that after 90 days the case has to be adjudicated. They informed, since the file is not at the local office so can't do anything except calling them. They did call NSC but no fresh updates but got a reply 'file is under extended review and I will hear the decision within 30 days.....'.
- Called on 10/23 Congressman office 2nd time to expedite the case, they informed that they can't kept calling them since they are doing background check.
- Checking online every day frequently. On 10/22 the date was changed from 08/08 to 10/22 but status did not changed. Again date was changed to 10/23 but unchanged status (....application is at ....center for standard processing.....)

No work, no pay, mortgage bills, high debts, having family, completing 10th year of stay in US....no ways.....
Under great mental agony, and unable to share to anyone......
Any one....any thoughts???

Thanks in advance

Kandu04,
I feel your pain and so sorry to heard about your situation. At this point I think nothing you can do except waiting. About USCIS, they take their own sweet time and work on the case as they feel. My wife and I have applied EAD on same time and my wife's EAD was denied because USCIS linked wrong a# to her EAD. Now she is out of the job. On the other hand I'm working on h1b and I have received the renewed card in mail yesterday. The funny thing is I haven't received any email notification about my EAD approval (I have registered with USCIS) and the CURRENT status shows "case is under processing" even though I have received the card yesterday. I have zero confident to this guys.

Hang in there hoping that good thing will happen....

Dear friend 'gcnotbad': Thanks a lot for your reply and views. I was in joyce mood for few minutes after I noted one point from your posting '...status did not change....received cards...' I wish it happens in my case also.

More funniest thing: I applied online for my wife and myself at the same time (07/23) at TSC. Unfortunately my case has been transferred to NSC on 08/08 where as my wife's case was still at TSC. On 10/01 got an email for my wife's card approval and status changed to '..cards ordered...'. I waited for one week (this was the stupidest thing I did) then started follow up.

Whoever access this thread - 'PLEASE DO NOT WAIT BUT JUST FOLLOW UP'. Event not me, but someone will get advantage by reading this thread.

Thanks,
Kand

Thanks for the posts, I am in the exact same situation.

Did u get ur EAD ? I am worried about losing my job in this economy.

Thanks, Hoochie

Kand / Anyone else,

Whats the fax number for TSC please. I have written to Ombudsman, Congressman, Senator and expidited over the phone, have infopass on Wednesday would also like to fax over a letter.

Thanks, Hoochie

Sorry, I don't have TSC fax#. My situation is still the same. Hope you have got it by now. Best of luck!