EAD Expired can i work(URGENT)

satishkumart

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys
My EAD is expiring on AUG 8, and i applyed renewal of my EAD onJun 3. I didn't get my EAD. Can i work without EAD i have recived receipt.

1) Can i work
2) How can i get intrim EAD

Please resonse as soon as possible.

Iead

Hi Guys
My EAD is expiring on AUG 8, and i applyed renewal of my EAD onJun 3. I didn't get my EAD. Can i work without EAD i have recived receipt.

1) Can i work
As far I have heard in this forum, you cannot work just with the receipt.

Since you are within 90 days of filing, I dont know if you can get an IEAD from the local INS office in your area.

Legally you cannot work with just the EAD receipt. However, if your company agrees you can work without pay until you get your EAD and then they can pay you back.

minn_labor said:
However, if your company agrees you can work without pay until you get your EAD and then they can pay you back.

This is incorrect. You are not allowed to work without employment authorization, paid or unpaid.

satishkumart said:
Hi Guys

1) Can i work

Its ILLEGAL to be on your company's payroll if you don't have a valid EAD ( receipt doesn't count ).
Depending on your company policy, you maybe placed on some kind of administrative leave of absence ( without pay ) till you get the new EAD.

You can only go to local office for i-EAD after 90 days - so you are kinda out of luck.
Just hope that your new EAD would come within that time .... or speak to your company to place on a LOA till you get the new card.