EAD - Checks not cashed

arcraj

Registered Users (C)
I mailed my 3 EAD application to INS Texas on 1/27/2004 and they received my application on 1/29/2004 (From USPS tracking). However my checks were not cashed by INS until now. When I call National Customer Serviced Center they are asking me to wait for 30 days. Any body is in similar situation. I haven't received any receipt notice also. My current EAD expires 5/2004.

Thanks

credit card not charged

My wife and I applied EAD online on 1/15/04 but my credit card was not charged yet. We all got receipt. I have no idea why they don't need my money. Hope nothing goes wrong.

We applied on jan 20th.
They have charged only once on our CC and we have got our receipts and have done our FPs.
I too hope nothing goes wrong.
I am working thru my EAD which expires on May 8th, so hoping nothing goes wrong.

Looks like you guys applied online. I mailed my application. The only advantage is you have the receipt notice and I do not have any. Anyone applied EAD by mail in the last week of Jan and received receipt notice.:confused: :confused: :confused:

EAD renewal

I applied for EAD renewal on Feb 5th, they received on Feb 11th, the ND on the receipt is Feb 12th, checks were cashed on Feb16th and received the receipt on Feb 18th.

Hold on you will get your receipts and checks will be encashed..

May be they are going by ND dates of 485 filing. My details are below:

ND: Apr 2002
FP: May 2003

Lets hope they will cash the checks.

My details

My Reciept date is 12/17/2003. My case is not approved it. The credit card was charged prmptly within a week.

The current processing date for EADs is 01/05/2004. But my case is not updated yet. Did anyone face this situation before?

thanks

GC6020

hello every one, I am on the same boat as you are. My EAD will expire in May 2004 . I mail in the application in Jan 23 . They received it the next day and they cashed the check on Jan 29 and I received receipt from them with Jan 30 date stamp on it. Hopefully I will get my new card before May. We should keep this tread alive and let other know how long it take them to issue new EAD.

Note:

EAD processing style varies based on service center, concurrent processing flag and RFE potential.

I am planning to reapply again this weekend because I did not hear anything from INS and it is 30 days since they received it and no receipt letter, and checks not cashed. I do not know how this will affect my case. Better safe than sorry.

The only thing is that I might lose 120 dollars, but does it hurt anyway to have two EAD applications at the service center.

Any tips. Thanks guys.

Not good idea.

I don't think it's good idea to file EAD application again. Since they have cashed your check, they can't deny they have your application. Wait until they processing time pass your RD and call them. Keep your returned check for proof. If it pass 90 days from RD, you can bring your copy of application and proof of check to local INS for iEAD.

Last time I applied EAD renewal, they didn't mail me receipt until one week before they approved my case. (two months later)

Good luck to you. Your case may not be too bad.

BTW, they have charged my credit card.

yl8401

By the way as I mentioned in my previous post INS did not cash my check. If they had cashed my check I wouldn't have been worried this much.

My mistake

If checks are not cashed, then it's another story. Do you have proof of mail receipt? It can be an evidence.

Hi yl8401, Yes I have the USPS Express Mail Overnight Delivery Confirmation that the mail was delivered to INS on Jan 29th at 8:35 am and was signed for by M.S. (Does that mean mail service?)

arcraj

It's good you have Express mail receipt signed by INS personnel. Since they asked you to wait for 30 days, you may call them next week to ask them to look for it. (mention who signed the package) The mail may be forgotten somewhere in their office. Ask them what alternative you can do.

Folks,
I am in the same boat like many of you. My EAD expires on 04/02/2004. I did e-file on 2/17 for me and my wife. I paid by my debit card for me and by Credit card for my wife. But until today my debit card is not charged. My bank says it didn't receive any request all these days. I called NSC and an IIO told me that for any reason payment is not charged or if we have wrong payment entry, INS will send us a notice to pay again. But she says this will not lead to denial of the application. Only it will cause delay. Interestingly the payment made by Credit card for my wife's application was charged in couple of days!

My EAD expires on 04/02. For this the IIO says that I have to wait for my 90 days to be over to get my iEAD no matter what happens!

If anyone has any suggestions to get the EAD before the expiry, I will greatly appreciate. Also, whoever in this situation Please update this thread with any valuable info.

I got the applications back to me from INS (including the photographs, check, EAD mailer from previous EAD approval, copies, etc). It was my fault, I forgot to check the box at the top of the I-765 application that has three options available.

I checked the box and mailed the applications (mine's and my wife's) back to INS yesterday in overnight.

I got to be more careful.

Thanks

arcraj

It's good to see your problem solved although it's not what you expected. Hope you still have time for your renewal.
Good luck!

Got Receipt notice yesterday

Here are my EAD details in TSC:

I-765 renewal...............
Mailed on 02/19/2004
they received on 02/23/2004
ND: 02/24/2004
Checke cashed on 03/01/2004
Got receipt notice on 03/01/2004

Thanks.
S