EAD card spelling error

kclee60

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I just got my EAD card from NSC. I noticed my first name has a spelling error, i.e. the letter A should be after the letter U and not vice versa. Can anyone advise me what I should do? This error is also found in all my I485, I140 and AP receipts.

Also I noticed my EAD card expires 7/28/04. Does that mean I have to renew it each year? If so how early should I initiate the renewal and do I have to do it through my company attorney or I can do it myself?

Also my L1 visa will expire Dec 2003. Do I have to get my company renew my L1 visa or the EAD will suffice?

My wife (derivative) also received her EAD and also her AP approved. Mine is still pending even though my receipt no. has a lower number than hers. Do you think I will have a problem getting my AP soon? My online status stated that it will take around a year to get AP processed?

I sure have so many query and I appreciate your effort and time to whoever is able to respond. Thanks in advance.

RD: 5/7/03
ND: 5/9/03
EAD: 7/28/03 (EB3 concurrent file I140/I385 at NSC

I just got my EAD card from NSC. I noticed my first name has a spelling error, i.e. the letter A should be after the letter U and not vice versa. Can anyone advise me what I should do? This error is also found in all my I485, I140 and AP receipts.
-- Did your lawyer write correct spellings on I-140, I-485, and EAD forms? Check the copy of filings with lawyer, he has the copy of all the forms filed with BCIS, if it is mistake of lawyer he should get it corrected, if it is BCIS mistake then you have to send letter with all the receipt notice copy and EAD to BCIS service center and they will correct it, provide in cover letter your complete name in bold, DOB, A# (that is on I-485 receipts) copy of first page of passport that has all the info, send letter to BCIS and out side envelope write in Bold “ BCIS Mistake on….. Please correct” or contact your lawyer he may guide you what to be done, fix the problem
Also I noticed my EAD card expires 7/28/04. Does that mean I have to renew it each year?
---- YES
If so how early should I initiate the renewal and do I have to do it through my company attorney or I can do it myself?
---- Always apply for EAD, AP 5-6 months advance of Expiry date, you can do it your self it is easy process
also my L1 visa will expire Dec 2003. Do I have to get my company renew my L1 visa or the EAD will suffice?
----- if the company is ready to do Visa extension do it, or use EAD
that is your choice
My wife (derivative) also received her EAD and also her AP approved. Mine is still pending even though my receipt no. has a lower number than hers. Do you think I will have a problem getting my AP soon?
----- It is happening with many, you may get it soon it depends on your service center
My online status stated that it would take around a year to get AP processed?
----- NSC online or receipt says that and many have posted it, I don’t think it will take that much time
I sure have so many query and I appreciate your effort and time to whoever is able to respond. Thanks in advance.

RD: 5/7/03
ND: 5/9/03
EAD: 7/28/03 (EB3 concurrent file I140/I385 at NSC

--- I did not under stand you being on L1 and EB3?

Ginnu,

Thanks for your reply. I will follow as per your advise.

I am asuming I am under EB3. I dont have the details since my company attorney does all the paper work and he is not very cooperative. I am infact piissed at him coz he is not replying to my emails and my voice mail. I suspect the spelling error has got to do with him when he filed my papers.

BTW, what is your service center? Mine is NSC.

Good nite!
:eek:

kclee60:

You should write/speak to your employer that Lawyer does not reply and committed mistakes on forms and you want to verify the documents submitted by lawyer, they employer should talk to him/her, what for the lawyer is paid? Your employer gets your services and may be having CUT in your wages, and the fee to lawyer is paid from that.
Ask your employer you are important or the lawyer, sack the lawyer if he/she does not respond to your query or ask for the explanation from lawyer or employer. Send me the email of lawyer with his email ID and name and location, I will ask him that I want to hire him and will get all the answer from him, then I will inform him that I got info about you from your many clients that you don’t reply to email of the clients and not interested in your services. It may make him aware what he is doing to existing clients. You can send PM message to me