EAD Approved with different company while working with another company

pgundala

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I changed my employer before filing for GC. Now my earlier company who orginally filed my Labor filed for 485, advance payroll and EAD hoping that I will come back if things goes on well. Now I got EAD. My questions are:
1. Do I need to go back to my employer who filed my GC to continue with process?
2. If yes, do they need to do new H1 or can I join with EAD?
3. Can I join my current company using EAD and continue process?
4. Do I need to be on my earlier employer's payroll in order to get my GC?

Thanks in advance

PG

Hi,

I changed my employer before filing for GC. Now my earlier company who orginally filed my Labor filed for 485, advance payroll and EAD hoping that I will come back if things goes on well. Now I got EAD. My questions are:
1. Do I need to go back to my employer who filed my GC to continue with process?
2. If yes, do they need to do new H1 or can I join with EAD?
3. Can I join my current company using EAD and continue process?
4. Do I need to be on my earlier employer's payroll in order to get my GC?

Thanks in advance

PG

You can use the EAD wher ever you want.
changing the employer could adversely affect your application? in many situation the answer is yes

Thanks mmed,

To join my earlier employer using EAD do I need to wait for 6 months? Is it good to go on EAD or ask them to do new H1 until I get my GC?

PG

Thanks mmed,

To join my earlier employer using EAD do I need to wait for 6 months? Is it good to go on EAD or ask them to do new H1 until I get my GC?

PG

Since you are in the same situation with the same employer and expect no surprises in your work, just use EAD