EAD Approved, card not received

ajayc2000

Friends,

We got two EAD approval emails on 24th Sep (for both myself and my wife). My lawyer received the approval notice copies one week later. I got my EAD card on 1st Oct. But, my wife's card has not yet reached us. Anybody in the same situation where online status says approval notice sent, but the physical card has not reached you? Please help with your suggestions on what to do next? Can I use the approval notice copy that my lawyer received?

EAD card and approval notice Not received so far

Friends,

We got two EAD approval emails on 24th Sep (for both myself and my wife). My lawyer received the approval notice copies one week later. I got my EAD card on 1st Oct. But, my wife's card has not yet reached us. Anybody in the same situation where online status says approval notice sent, but the physical card has not reached you? Please help with your suggestions on what to do next? Can I use the approval notice copy that my lawyer received?
My EAD was approved on 9/11,card production ordered. Online status shows that approval notice was mailed on 9/13. But so far neither of them were received. I took infopass, the lady said i have to wait two weeks or have to apply again. I called 1-800-375 number,they said I have to wait 30 days from the date of sent. It is more than 30 days. If i call them they would say they cant help since it was already mailed. I never moved any where. USCIS might have entered a wrong address and the mail might have slept in somebody's mail box without bothering to return it. I just spoke to the customer service today, she told me to go to the local service center. I went there and found out they made a mistake in writing the address. they missed my Door#. So it returned undeliverable.the IO gave email asking them to re mail it. now i got an email that they sent it on 10/15/07. but i did t receive it yet. one month wasted because of their mistake.
"Delayed justice is denied justice"
:confused:
Jaychandin:
PD-4/14/03 EB3, India, NSC
I-140 2/16/06
I-485 RD-6/04/07 ND-6/09/07 FP-7/26/07 LUD-7/26/07
I-765 RD-6/04/07 ND-6/09/07 card ordered email-9/11
approval notice sent email-9/13.

In the meantime, your approval notice may state (as mine did) that it can be used as evidence of approved employment authorization until you receive the actual card. So if your notice is similar to mine, yes you may use it to start working.

jc-gc
Have you received the card yet?
I understand your frustration but it may make you feel better if you know that we have been waiting for 2 months and 10 days since the card was returned to them and we took infopass about 3 weeks ago and we were told it will be resend but nothing!!
We do not know what to do next!

EAD card received

jc-gc
Have you received the card yet?

Hi, YES,I received the card finally on Friday (10/19/2007) at 4.00 pm. But I didnt receive the approval notice (I-797c). Will I be getting soon? I received this card only after 36 days. so I didnt have the excitement in receiving. USCIS made a mistake in writing my address.
Jaychandin
I-485 RD 6/04/07 LUD 7/26/07
I-765 RD 6/04/07 LUD AD 9/11(card production ordered)
approval notice sent-9/13
actual card received 10/19.

jc-gc
What did you do to get them to resend the card?
We did an infopass but did not help

EAD card received

jc-gc
What did you do to get them to resend the card?
We did an infopass but did not help

Hi hnks, I went to the local office with an Info pass last fiday10/12/07. the IO is a nice guy he searched through online what had happened. He found out the mail was undelivered. He sent an email immediately requesting the Nebraska office to resend the mail. they sent it in two days(10/15/07) and reached me in 4 days(10/19/07). So, go to your local office again. Hope you will get it.Good Luck.
Jaychandin.

Last edited by a moderator:
We called today and asked about our card who was sent back to them as undeliverable on Aug,10. The guy opened a service request, I have not heard of a service request for an EAD, is that common?
He said to wait for 60 days, is it really taking that long to get a response for a service request ??

Just to inform, I checked status online and it said 'Card production ordered' for both me & my wife. I applied for EAD renewal (1st) on 10/2 and the online status was dated 10/22. So looks like the processing time varies a lot.

I hope we get our cards soon.

same here, i got an apporval notice about I-765 on sept. 24th 2007, have n't got my EAD card yet. wut do i need to do my job orientation is gona start from 7th nov. 2007

Friends,

hi guys,
I'm also in this wiered situation., I recieved a recipt notice that on OCt 5th my EAD card was ordered for production., But i have not recieved the card. Problem is my H-1 is expiring in 1st week of NOv. So my question is that , am I legally allowed to work even if my EAD card doesnt show up before H-1 expiriy dat? Is that Card Production Order notice serve as the approval notice for the EAD., Please help guys??

hi guys,
I'm also in this wiered situation., I recieved a recipt notice that on OCt 5th my EAD card was ordered for production., But i have not recieved the card. Problem is my H-1 is expiring in 1st week of NOv. So my question is that , am I legally allowed to work even if my EAD card doesnt show up before H-1 expiriy dat? Is that Card Production Order notice serve as the approval notice for the EAD., Please help guys??

You need the actual card in hand and a photocopy of it in your file.

I dont think that i'll be getting the card by next week. Should I go to USCIS by infopass and ask them interim card?? If the company doesnt notice that, am I legally allowed working there?? :confused::confused: