EAD Applied May 24th 2008 - Pending on August 20th 2008

EAD pending more than 90 days

My EAD is pending more than 90 days, it was a paper based application.
1. Called USCIS after 90 days (no activity from USCIS till then), they asked if finger printing was scheduled. I said no since this was a paper based application. They said you will be asked for finger printing first and took a request for that rather than expediting the EAD approval. They told me to take infopass appointment and get interin EAD.
2. Took infopass appointment but there I was told there is no interim EAD and gave me a date for finger printing. Now they say I have to wait another 60 days before I can ask them for EAD status. This is really frustrating
Please advise. Thanks.

Does anyone have TSC fax number? Thanks.

Ours is at NSC. When we called the USCIS and opened a SR over phone the representative gave the FAX number. They gave the number because we had to send them the documentation in support of our request to expedite the EAD renewal process. I guess you can do the same.

I received approval E-mail today evening and also received the 2 yr EAD card in mail today itself. The current one is expiring on 20th Sep. It's a big relief. Thanks mmed and everybody.

All:
Here are the details about my case in TSC...FYI

Received an email notification from USCIS that my Wife's EAD renewal has been approved, card production ordered on Sept 17th 2008.

As some of the readers of this posting might already know, my Wife is working on her current EAD which is set to expire on 09/25/08.
Since we were moving from the North East to Texas, and were in temporary living for a couple of months, we did not get a chance to apply for EAD renewal 120 days or so in advance as recommended by USCIS.

We e-filed EAD renewals on 08/12/2008, supporting docs sent on 08/15/2008. Our biometrics were done on 09/04/2008 and on 09/17/2008, we received approval for my wife' renewal.

I am still waiting on mine, but surely am not tensed up for mine as I am working on my H1B still. Hopefully mine will come soon too.

Thank you all for your valuable insights...
Seems like TSC somehow recognized that we are nearing our expiration date, and internally expedited the process? :confused:

Not sure...regardless of how it was handled, I am pleasantly surprised that the EAD renewal came thru within 35 days.

Hi All,
My EAD is expiring on 10/4/08. My EAD renewal application was recieved by USCIS on 25th July. What are my options if I dont get the new card by 10/04.

If my compnay doesnt say anything, should I keep on working, if I still dont get the card before 10/04?

Please help..

Congrats

Wow, congrats! That should have been a nervewrecking journey!

All:
Here are the details about my case in TSC...FYI

Received an email notification from USCIS that my Wife's EAD renewal has been approved, card production ordered on Sept 17th 2008.

As some of the readers of this posting might already know, my Wife is working on her current EAD which is set to expire on 09/25/08.
Since we were moving from the North East to Texas, and were in temporary living for a couple of months, we did not get a chance to apply for EAD renewal 120 days or so in advance as recommended by USCIS.

We e-filed EAD renewals on 08/12/2008, supporting docs sent on 08/15/2008. Our biometrics were done on 09/04/2008 and on 09/17/2008, we received approval for my wife' renewal.

I am still waiting on mine, but surely am not tensed up for mine as I am working on my H1B still. Hopefully mine will come soon too.

Thank you all for your valuable insights...
Seems like TSC somehow recognized that we are nearing our expiration date, and internally expedited the process? :confused:

Not sure...regardless of how it was handled, I am pleasantly surprised that the EAD renewal came thru within 35 days.

Hi All,
My EAD is expiring on 10/4/08. My EAD renewal application was recieved by USCIS on 25th July. What are my options if I dont get the new card by 10/04.

If my compnay doesnt say anything, should I keep on working, if I still dont get the card before 10/04?

Please help..

Doing that could come back and bite you later. Working without EAD Approval/renewal would be directly violating Immigration Law, and is not recommended. A lot of people in this situation chose the options of "Unpaid Leave of absence", "vacation" etc. If your employer agrees, I know someone, who kept working, but got their payroll interrupted to reflect vacation/unpaid leave, and later on after the got the EAD, got back-paid for the extra time worked.

Depends on your situation...

Thanks nervewreck for the info.. so the only option I have is to get unpaid vacation time off... My I-140 is approved and 485 in pending.. does it effect any of those?? and for how long I can be on unpaid vacation? Like in H1b you cant b out of job for certain time.. is there any rules for EAD??