EAD Applied May 24th 2008 - Pending on August 20th 2008

Frankappa

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

My EAD was e-filed at the Nebraska Service Center on May 24th 2008. Had FP done on June 18th. Still no news from them. I need the new EAD from August 26th 2008.

It would be great to know if anyone is similarly anxious. And it would be nice to know if you have received any recent approvals.

Thanks.

I e-filed on 25th May 2008 NSC and did fingerprinting on 19th June 2008. Still waiting....

I have taken an infopass for August 29th.

PD 15th Apr 2002, INDIA, EB3, NSC

Back from Infopass appointment

Had been to the Infopass appointment this morning. The Officer was quite cordial and sent a mail to Nebraska as we were waiting. Advised us to turn in applications close to 120 days prior to expiry in the future instead of 90 days. He sounded as if this was almost a non-issue and said you will get it in a couple of weeks. "Give them (USCIS Nebraska) sometime", he said.

Thanks for the information

I will let you know on 29th Aug

Let's keep each other posted on the reception of the EAD card.

My current card is expiring on 22nd Sep so I should be OK

We e-filed for my spouse's EAD renewal (at NSC) on May 29th. She was working on EAD. Her EAD expired on Aug 1st. She is not on payroll since Aug 12th.
She went to India before filing for renewal and she got stuck there due to health reasons. That was part of the reason we couldn't file for renewal well in advance.
Her employer might consider to take her back if she gets the EAD renewal soon. Last 2 weeks we have been sending NSC requests to expedite the renewal process attaching the termination letter from her employer but apparently there is no use. We just crossed the 90 day (since filing) mark and still there is no sign of approval. We went to Infopass appointment and the officer said there is nothing they can do other than sending NSC an email requesting to expedite.
I am not sure if there is anything else we can do at this point.

Frankappa - any updates?

Called USCIS several times

We called USCIS several times. To my amazement, each of the personnel I talked to gave a different spin.

1. A lady suggested that I go and ask for an Interim EAD. I had to explain to the poor soul that such a think does not exist anymore. She suggested to try at a different center. That is when I could grasp the incompetence.

2. Another couple of souls were trying to put in a Service Ticket or a Referral. Each time they attempted, the system had a failure and they transferred the call to promptly to a more ornery soul. They were kind of rude. But I can take that. They clearly said a Referral cannot be put in the system when the case is outside the processing time (April 16th currently and our case is in May).

3. When I asked as to why the processing times updates were not updated since July 15th, they apologized.

The Customer Service as they say really does not have anymore information and trained very tactfully to divulge very little.

I feel that the anxiety could be reduced for many if USCIS gives frequent updates.

I also had similar experience with all my calls to USCIS and will be going to Infopass today.

Frankappa do u see any LUD on your case ?

Also my feeling is that e-filed are the only one getting delayed. I have seen many postings of people receiving EAD within 60 days of paper filed.

It just checked the processing dates on USCIS website and the current case processing date of EAD is 31st March 2008 which used to be 16th April 2008. They updated it on Aug 15 2008.

I really don't understand how USCIS work and what will happen to my EAD renewal.

That killed my weekend

I never knew USCIS could rewind time. Especially with cases like EAD where the order can be nothing but FIFO, this great institution had declared that they were up to date till April 14th 2008 for past two months and now, with some amazing nerve, could restate that they are processing March 31 st.

I hope these folks are playing an April 1st joke.

Back from infopass

Just got back from the infopass. The lady at the counter told me that she don't see my fingerprints in the system and she is just putting those ( I don't know if she was copying from somewhere ). I did fingerprints on 19th June . She finish putting fingerprints in the system and told me that your case is in normal processing. On telling her it has been due more than 90 days she said they did not had your fingerprints in the system and that's why your case did not process. You should get your card in couple days. She refused to make a expedite request thru E-mail to NSC because as per her my case is processing normally. My current card is expiring on 20th Sep so on return I took another infopass for 11th Sep.

Also I called the 800 number and the agent told me he is not able to put a request for me in the system as the system is not allowing him to do that. But later on he put some sort of request for the interim EAD and gave me a reference number. I am keeping my finger crossed. Will keep you guys posted.

Just got back from the infopass. The lady at the counter told me that she don't see my fingerprints in the system and she is just putting those ( I don't know if she was copying from somewhere ). I did fingerprints on 19th June . She finish putting fingerprints in the system and told me that your case is in normal processing. On telling her it has been due more than 90 days she said they did not had your fingerprints in the system and that's why your case did not process. You should get your card in couple days. She refused to make a expedite request thru E-mail to NSC because as per her my case is processing normally. My current card is expiring on 20th Sep so on return I took another infopass for 11th Sep.

Also I called the 800 number and the agent told me he is not able to put a request for me in the system as the system is not allowing him to do that. But later on he put some sort of request for the interim EAD and gave me a reference number. I am keeping my finger crossed. Will keep you guys posted.

If you apply with efile, the clock will not start counting until the USCIS receive all supporting documents (some people think if the do efile this will make their application earlier than paper based). If the USCIS request biometrics or RFE (for either the pending I-485 or EAD), the clock will reset at day 1 again after the USCIS receive the supporting documents that you already did biometrics (disadvantage of efile compared to paper application which does not need biometrics). If any mistake happen and your FP was not uploaded to the system (as happened to you), the clock will stop and reset from day 1 again after you repeat your FP. Info pass will not help that much because it is supposed to be after 90 days (by the count of the USCIS, not the original application date) and I doubt the center will send expedite request for you. Call the 800 number and fax a request to the center explaining your situation is better options than Infopass.

I agree with you mmed but I saw the LUD right after my fingerprinting and also mailed all the supporting documents as soon as I finish e-filing. There was no way for me to know if the fingerprints have not been uploaded. She also commented that they do not have any control on the fingerprint return from FBI. My understanding was that the fingerprints for EAD does not neccessarily go thru the FBI check but I may be wrong.

Guys beware of e-filing and looks like the paper filing is the best option.

Can anybody help me with the fax number for Nebraska Service Center ?

A

I agree with you mmed but I saw the LUD right after my fingerprinting and also mailed all the supporting documents as soon as I finish e-filing. There was no way for me to know if the fingerprints have not been uploaded. She also commented that they do not have any control on the fingerprint return from FBI. My understanding was that the fingerprints for EAD does not neccessarily go thru the FBI check but I may be wrong.

Guys beware of e-filing and looks like the paper filing is the best option.

Can anybody help me with the fax number for Nebraska Service Center ?

Few cases of EAD sent for security check and those cases usually stay for many months till they get their EAD (stories from this forum, not personal experience). This does not mean anything related to your case, as I said most cases issued before 90 days from application even with biometrics and/or RFE. Send polite fax to the center and wait to see. Good luck

I am thinking of sending to USCIS-Complaint E-mail, FAX, Ombudsman and again infopass and also constantly trying 1-800 number.

Please advise on approach. The EAD is very important for me as I am the only one Employed in the family of four.

I am thinking of sending to USCIS-Complaint E-mail, FAX, Ombudsman and again infopass and also constantly trying 1-800 number.

Please advise on approach. The EAD is very important for me as I am the only one Employed in the family of four.

From my personal experience (I got it almost after 90 days, paper based, W/O RFE) I tried all what you mentioned. The only thing which I think work is a request for expedite Fax to the center (not in the language of complain) explain that you are the only one working, big family,......etc. Provide fax number and they will respond in couple days.

I see LUD on my case this morning but it could be due to infopass I took on last friday. I have faxed to NSC and overnight to Ombudsman. I have also left a message with the senator office.

I sent a fax

I saw something about sending a fax. I did that. People seem to feel that is something that could work.

We called the service center and for some reason the Customer Service person seem to take an expedite request and has given a 2-5 days turn around time.

Just wanted to give an update - Saw an LUD on the application that said "Card Ordered" on Sept 1st.
Thanks

Very Nice, Grandhipal

Wonderful news, Grandhipal. You should celebrate. I'm still waiting, just like the good old days, for the postman to show up with the results.

Card Production Ordered

Card Production Ordered on Sept 2nd 2008 - The Case status was updated only on Sept 4th Late night.

Thanks everyone for keeping me sane.

I reaped the power of the network. Love you all.