EAD Application - Can Employer Retract it ?

GC_seeker_CA

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My current employer paid for my EAD extension for another year on 1/19/2004. I paid for my wifes EAD extension. The law firm filing the extension still has not received receipts.

Now I am about to change employers and I would like to know if my current employer can retract the EAD application after I leave ?
My current EAD expires in 1st week of June 2004.

Please advice.
Thanks.
GC_seeker_CA.

No your EAD belongs to you and it cannot be retracted by anyone else (ofcourse besides USCIS, but certainly not by your employer)

You employer can retract the 140 filled by him, but if it has been 180 days since your 485 is filled and your 140 approved, then you can use AC21 to change jobs as long as the other job matches the job in LC

dont change employer if I-140 is not approved. change only after I-140 gets approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days and find same/ simlar job

Thanks Guys for your replies.
Actually my I 140 is approved, I 485 pending for 9 months. Job title is same as current job and functions are also same.

Now since EAD was applied for by my current employer, I am worried that if EAD is retracted and I dont get an extended EAD by 6/8/2004, I cannot work. Also, the law firm has not given me receipts for the EAD application.

All confused right now ..........

Actually my I 140 is approved, I 485 pending for 9 months. Job title is same as current job and functions are also same.
---- You can change employer and can use AC21
Now since EAD was applied for by my current employer, I am worried that if EAD is retracted and I dont get an extended EAD by 6/8/2004, I cannot work.
---- EAD belongs to you, it will be sent to your home address if lawyer provided your home address on form. If you have still valid H1 status and never used EAD then better join by H1 transfer

Also, the law firm has not given me receipts for the EAD application.
----- Ask the lawyer or employer for EAD filing receipts just tell them you want to track or check the status on BCIS online and get the EAD filing receipts, employer can not cancel or revoke EAD just make sure that EAD was filed and proof is EAD filing receipts