EAD/AP tracker (filed in June-Aug 2006 timeframe)

desi_ma said:
I think FP is mandatory , if this is your first EAD , but for renewal i don't think it is mandatory..I have many of my collegues who got renewals approved without doing biometrics again.
not true...i got my EAD before my FP

EAD expired

I applied for my EAD renewal on july 13th(VSC).My EAD is expired on september 29th.Its more than 100 days and I have not recieved my EAD yet.I am not able to work since september 29th.I went for my FP on 16th september.I am calling USCIS every alternate day.But they just keep telling that the case is assigned to officer and I got to wait.Even I went to local service center. Even they said I have to wait.

Could you please let me know if anybody else have same situation and what other options I have.

Did you try sending an Expediate req? if not check this thread http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=228166

sree2006 said:
I applied for my EAD renewal on july 13th(VSC).My EAD is expired on september 29th.Its more than 100 days and I have not recieved my EAD yet.I am not able to work since september 29th.I went for my FP on 16th september.I am calling USCIS every alternate day.But they just keep telling that the case is assigned to officer and I got to wait.Even I went to local service center. Even they said I have to wait.

Could you please let me know if anybody else have same situation and what other options I have.

EAD expired

Thanks for such a quick response my_gc_pain.I did send expedite request.But itdidn't change anything.

sree2006 said:
No they stopped issuing interim EADs from september 1st.
Then how come they are giving infopass appointments at local office. And also if no interim ead then what is our option?

sree2006 said:

I went through similar situation last year. I had to retain attorney to have him talk to VSC/NSC and explain my status and realized that it didn't help much. As a last hope, I contacted one of the Senators and his office staff right a way realised this as a potential "at a jeopardy of loosing job" (There are some guidelines that tells USCIS to process this type of cases under expedited category) and contacted both service centers and then there were chain of actions on my case soon after that.

Also Senator's office staff contacted local USCIS office for interim EAD and to my surprise, they had kept my interim EAD card ready pending my picture, thumb print and signature. I know rule has changed since then but it is worth trying Senator's office and I would recommend doing that in person.

Thanks osheth.........I went to senators office yesterday and personally handled them my request form.They said they let me know after hearing anything from immigration.Usually how long it takes senator to contact immigration and getting back to us.

Anyone waiting for EAD, AP approval around August last week time frame at VSC? I applied on August 23rd for my wife and still waiting. Yesterday I called VSC and they said they havent looked at my case yet. Don't know how much longer I have to wait...

Sree2006,
At what time you got your approval emails. ? I did send my expedtion request on thursaday still i haven't got any approval Emails so for.
Thanks
HP

Thanks my_gc_pain,I don't know its due to senator or expedite request.I sent expedite request on thurday and went to senator(he sent query to USCIS on thursday) on wed.

LUD update

I submitted 485 for myself, my wife, and my son on July 11, 06. RDs are all on July 13, 06 issued by NSC. Got LUDs updated on 8/7/06 after FPs, which were done on 8/3/06.

Then recently, I applied EAD for myself and my wife. Mailing tracking says NSC received my EAD applications on 10/26/06. This morning, I saw LUDs for myself and my wife got updated to 10/30/06. But my son's was still on 8/7/06. By the noon time, my son's LUD was also changed on 10/30/06.

Has anyone noticed this type of changes before? What does my son's LUD change mean? Thanks for any expericene sharing.

my EAD was filed on July 21st (RD) and July 27th(ND) 06 and was pending till now. Today morning we went to the Boston office , and the officer there put in an expedite request by email and i got an email in the afternoon saying that the case has been approved.

EAD approved.

Finally my wife's EAD got approved today at VSC. Still waiting for AP. ND was Aug 28th
avi_gc said:
Anyone waiting for EAD, AP approval around August last week time frame at VSC? I applied on August 23rd for my wife and still waiting. Yesterday I called VSC and they said they havent looked at my case yet. Don't know how much longer I have to wait...